Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Front shocks for my Henry J drag car

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by 440Dave, Dec 21, 2013.

1. I'm not sure what to use for front shocks on my HJ bracket car. It has a wavy tube front axle with transverse leaf, probably only has about 2-3 inches of travel in the front, but I don't want it to bounce down the track. I'm thinking high dollar drag shocks are likely not going to be of any advantage with this flintstone setup, should I just get some basic adjustable shocks to kill the bounce, or is there a particular setup that is favoured in solid axle drag cars?

Attached Files:

2. captmullette

captmullette

get some 90/10 shocks

3. I've been looking at this for the past couple years and it seems everyone at the track is using 90-10's. Getting any of that short travel moving and working is better than nothing.
    Anyway you can drop a leaf to get more travel out of it ? I'm doing a straight axle conversion on mine and I know it won't travel like the stock A-arms did but shooting for the best I can get. Almost seems like "Voodoo" when asking how well a straight axle transfers weight to the rear.

4. 47COUPELG

47COUPELG
    from Iowa

I'm using the rear air shocks for a `51 F-1 on the frt. of my `47 Ford Coupe.

5. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

Why?