Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Sitting and Rotting.............picture thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Royalshifter, Jan 31, 2009.

1. Does this count as sitting/rotting? Some old tin toys can bring a fair piece of coin

[​IMG]

2. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

I hope you saved this one!

3. gatz

gatz

this layout almost makes a co-pilot an essential requirement....

[​IMG]

4. Oops.....I guess I turned this into a dashboard thread. Sorry I hijacked it, but there ARE some very cool dashboards shown here.

5. Ha! I'm looking at it as an answer to a "what the heck is it" learning opportunity and that's the story I'm sticking with! :)

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

6. I love to learn.

7. janbuick

janbuick

8. Angry Frenchman

Angry Frenchman

A model a I got a long time ago. just found them again. It was a great day!!

[​IMG]

9. 35chevymaster

35chevymaster
    from indiana

10. 35chevymaster

35chevymaster
    from indiana

[​IMG]

Young love gone bad circa 1950. or just my grands kids goofing off

11. 58 Yeoman

58 Yeoman
    from Lacon, IL

LOL...I've got a tail light lens to fit that car...

12. stationWAGONS

stationWAGONS
    from Vegas

13. wombat barf

wombat barf
    from oklahoma

a co-worker's father is a hoarder of vintage cars. he let me walk his acreage once and I just kept shaking my head. I circled his 440-powered 1959 Desoto four door hardtop (no, that's not a typo. he put the two together back in the 1970s when both were dirt cheap) a number of times just drooling over it.

on his own, without provocation, he said, "some folks tell me I oughta sell some since I ain't never gonna get 'em all down buuuuuuut I ain't sure which 'uns I wanna fix so I reckon I'll keep 'em all."

I can't argue with that logic but it still hurts to watch return to the earth from whence they came.

14. verde742

verde742

U have one for sale, later model with wheels 195o's ????

15. 33 Fordor

33 Fordor
    from Missouri

This just showed up on the local CL.

Attached Files:

16. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

Lovin the skeleton. Ya raised em right. Thats just hilarious right there.

17. gonmad

gonmad

LoL! So, did they find the bones "sitting and rotting" around your place too?!?!?

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

18. JJK

JJK

Love the patina and a BBW to boot! That would be a real gem to get back on the road.

19. fts55

fts55
    from guthrie ok

20. Dyce

Dyce

This truck is likly still there. Not for sale. Really a bummer.
    [​IMG]
    The engine in the truck is from a 58 Imperial. It's a 392 and turned over good. Ran great when they parked it.....
    [​IMG]

21. we didn't get the hemi gmc ,but my friend got a hemi and a 35 -6 coupe and I scored a 58 belair with 348 and level ride suspension

Attached Files:

22. texkbc

texkbc

Here's some I located today...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Nailhead A-V8 likes this.
  23. ^^^^^....wow, those look like savers!...even a 55 tudor sedan!

Last edited: Dec 20, 2013
  24. texkbc

texkbc

Yes,Some good stuff in there. A29 roadster that was very straight had both doors and deck lid.

25. CayoRV

CayoRV

Thats it, I'm movin to Texas!

26. here are a few that didn't make it! a few years back near Lincoln, Ne. 276 hidden-a-way old cars sold at auction lots of people, few buyers average price $200.00 to $400.00 i bought 7 that day but near 60 some just went straight into the crusher that was brought out to the site. it was a very sad time, the guys crushing didn't care for me filming must have thought I was with the EPA? The daughter of the guy was on hand and just in tears over the whole ordeal she loved the cars but two other siblings had none what so ever! so it was all to be cleared to sell the grounds.

I bought the 1951 Tin Woodyfor 275.00 the trailer load for frt clips average of $17.00 per, and the 49 Ford frt clip for the last $18.00 I had. I even just for the heck of it sent in for a title search on the Tin Woody the state sent back info on the last registered owner in 69. We found him in NC. now a doctor he remembered the car and was thrilled to hear it was still around! He said he last see it when he and his college buddies where headed to Omaha from lincoln, for the weekend, the tranny? started making a bad noise and smell so they hitch a ride and never seen the car again. He sent in for a duplicate title and sent to me all on his dime! I got it running clean it up, sanded down some of the wood and clear it WOW looked like new! Sold it to a guy in KC. who willl restore it with his two sons, So it is worth the effort to get out and save them. google Maxwell Nebraska auction to read of another large yard that sold out and I tried to save what i could.

Attached Files:

27. wow!

28. 33 Fordor

33 Fordor
    from Missouri

That pic of the Chevy in the crusher with the Ford bed on top of it is probably the worst thing I've seen today.

29. Wow is right Doug, you are doing more than your share! Thanks for the other info too.
    Merry Christmas,