Register now to get rid of these ads!

Rise from the Ash and kick some A.S.S. :-) Update from TUCK-----> Check it.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tuck, Jan 23, 2012.

1. Tnomoldw

Tnomoldw

:)Grats Tuck and Danielle ...:cool:

2. Congratulations on your upcoming nuptials.:) HRP

3. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:D Outstanding sir.All the best to you and Danielle.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

4. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

Sounds like one hell of a good time. Really wish I could make it.

Congrats, man!

5. Tuck

Tuck
    Tech Editor
    from MINNESOTA
    1. Early Hemi Tech

Thanks guys :)

Can't wait!

6. jerry

jerry

Congrats!

jerry

7. Congrats! Wish ya both a long and happy union. :)
    -Pat

8. ynottayblock

ynottayblock

Tuck,

Just read your post about being a teacher...sounds like you found your calling. My best friend is a high school shop teacher, and its amazing to see how many kids look up to him. He has so many kids hanging out in the shop before and after school, on their lunches or study periods. He has quite a few that have kept in touch with him and get into the trades because of him. It will be a pretty fulfilling job for you.

9. seatex

seatex

Very inspiring thread. so glad things are looking WAY UP for you, Tuck. My best memories from High School days were auto and woodworking shops.............good on you man, and congrats on the wedding!

10. Tuck

Tuck
    Tech Editor
    from MINNESOTA
    1. Early Hemi Tech

Yeah the cool thing about this year vs. last is that I've established a lot of relationships with the kids... and they do come down here all the time- some kids just left my room- they were down here studying for other classes and we were have some pretty high level conversations for 9th graders...

It gets to be like a big family- and for an extrovert like me I feed off the energy at school. For my personal life... getting stuff done at home during the school year is a little tough. But... I've learned SO MUCH I don't even know where to start... this whole experience has been so awesome.

I have kids talking to me about college a lot... and I seem to have had a lot of experience with it- today one of my students was asking about student loans- they had a guest speaker who was having the conversation about how to avoid it... and I backed that up- I told him if I could go back i would do everything in my power not to take out loans at all- and paid for it as i went!

One thing for sure... the kids do look up to me- and I have to set the best example I can-

I have a lot of my welding class extremely curious about what i have going on outside of school- some of them follow me on instagram- which is great- A lot of them are trying to figure out how they can make a living as a welder- or have a job that incorporates welding- its pretty rad...

man i could go on and on...

I'll post some pics later- i tried but the hamb isnt cooperating right now-

11. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

Good to hear...........Glad things are going so well for you !...........Dave

12. ynottayblock

ynottayblock

Tuck...if you have trouble getting stuff done at home, bring it to work. My buddies students stripped down his 72 F250 frame and suspension and repainted everything in 2 weeks. Went from rusty to sparkling in no time, and they loved doing it

13. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

I wish I had a way to be in Kanada next weekend.

Congrats brother, you are a phoenix rising from the ashes. I proud of your comeback.

14. Congrats & Good Luck!! You deserve it.

15. Cshabang

Cshabang

awesome news man! I wanted to be an instructor at one point....just didnt feel it after speaking with some of my own instructors at the time...

16. Some lucky kids!!!!

17. belair

belair

The best investment you can make is in yourself and then in others. Congrats.

18. havi

havi

Congrats! My tenth anny is on the 18th. She'll be at the MN American Legion Fall convention, so I'll have the weekend to myself, maybe I can get my friend (bought yer chopped cab) to bring me down.

19. Tuck

Tuck
    Tech Editor
    from MINNESOTA
    1. Early Hemi Tech

Yeah come visit Havi- we need to catch up and you need to see my 60 4x4 in person! :)

I have the next two days off----> and then its ON!

20. hiboy32

hiboy32
    from Omaha, NE

Thank you for your come back... very inspirational.. those kids are very lucky to be benefiting from all of this. I bet they even look up to you for the little things you do like using a gopro to document what they have going on. I am sure it makes you "cool".

I see your counting down the days..

21. Rudy J

Rudy J
    1. Austin HAMB'ers

Thats awesome man. Congrats and all the best to you both!

22. scoop

scoop

Congrats Tuck!Wish I could make it up there.

23. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

x3....

24. Tuck

Tuck
    Tech Editor
    from MINNESOTA
    1. Early Hemi Tech

Not sure where to post this so I'll post this here!

I'm pretty damn excited... seems kinda surreal but I ended up being put in a position where I was able to rent the old High School shop- we built a new a school and that's where I teach - but the old building is getting converted into a charter school of sorts- the old shop was up for grabs.

I was trying to get to the point where I could put down cement in my building and wiring this summer but I'm still working on getting it cleaned out and sorted. I'll take some pics and post those later. So the plan is to keep working on the shop at home and now I'll have a climate controlled space to work while all of this takes place-

I've been trying to work out of my garage and a big canopy I borrowed from @tokyo its been kinda crazy.

The space I'm renting is the same size of my new building 30x50 - perfect.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Has an office- overhead door- wired for 3phase and has plumbed air from the boiler room. @tokyo helped me clean it out on Sunday. Now to move everything in!!! Roadster and Pickup oh yeah!! :)

I just want to keep you guys updated...
    I love this place- #hamb
    and I love that all of you guys gave me a kick start 3 years ago and those that have been supportive along the way- this is beyond rad.

Its going to be fun building hot rods in a old high school shop while teaching shop at the other school- I have all of my tools back and then some. Really looking forward to this :)

Nick32vic, sixinarow and HEMI32 like this.
  25. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

cool beans...(that's a really short legged dog) :D

kidcampbell71 and Tuck like this.
  26. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Awesome....

Tuck likes this.
  27. CGkidd

CGkidd

Sounds awesome.

Tuck likes this.
  28. wahoo

wahoo

That dog doesn't have short legs, it's an east coast channel job.

general gow and Tuck like this.
  29. Good things happen to good people....

Tuck likes this.
  30. Good to hear. Sometimes you think it's the end and it's just a beginning in disguise!.

Tuck likes this.