Register now to get rid of these ads!

We Love Sedan Deliveries

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bill McGuire, Sep 12, 2013.

1. slammed

slammed

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 11, 2013
  2. I notice this wagon says "Courier" and a previous post shows a 52-54 wagon which says "Mainline" .... did they offer both of was a year-split thing?

droppedstepside likes this.
  3. black 62

black 62
    from arkansas

post 181 that 55 is perfect...

4. Are you talking about the ad with the green Meteor? That was a Canadian model and they probably used the trim level indicator, "Mainline", instead of the U.S. model name, "Courier".

5. Yep that explains it.

6. Just a guess, I could be wrong. I only been wrong 40 or 50 thousand times. This week...

7. Here are a couple more. Pics taken at Eddyville Raceway in Iowa.

Attached Files:

Model T1 likes this.
  8. Wow, how many of you have seen a Studebaker SD?
    [​IMG]

What's weird about it is it appears to only have one side panelled!

9. Here is an older model that Tommy Johnson, Sr. had when he lived in Ottumwa. This one had a blown SBC and even A/C. Looks like it has a green plate on it. Not sure when those were around.

Attached Files:

droppedstepside and Model T1 like this.
  10. Wow, good one.

11. 2 more. First one is from Good Guys 2005 in Des Moines, Iowa. Second is from the Bologna Nats in Pella, Iowa.

Attached Files:

12. slammed

slammed

Mid 1980's.

13. This'll blow your minds: A Packard SD...unbelievably cool.
    [​IMG]

14. slammed

slammed

15. slammed

slammed

[​IMG] This dream build would include log cross rammed 413 Push button trans/posi Super Stock rear springs moved in slightly to tuck 10" pie crust WWW grooved slicks. Candy Metal flake. STFU-haul sheep!

16. slammed

slammed

17. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hey there, 56sedandelivery, thanks for the reply. Sounds like you have some real PUNCH in that delivery. I had been told that the owner of the car in the movie lived in WA. Turning 62, huh ? I am closing in on 67 in January and there is no sign of stopping for me. Living our second childhood is sooo freaking much fun. I drive a '32 Ford Highboy with 327 power (of course) and a '40 Ford 2dr sedan with 350 power, so the bug is still way up my arse, and hope to never be cured. Hope you can make it down to Austin"s LonestarRoundup in April one of these days. You have a real jewel in that 56. That has always baeen my favorite of the tri-5's.

18. Cowtown Speed Shop

Cowtown Speed Shop
    from KC

here's mine waiting for me too get time to build it.

Attached Files:

19. Baron

Baron
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yes, it is real. Here is one owned by RARE57 that he asked me to post a couple pictures for you.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Model T1 likes this.
  20. speedyb

speedyb
    from socal

Wow that a page full of BITCHEN !!

Last edited: Oct 12, 2013
  21. RARE57

RARE57

How about page 10 - photo #196 ! Is that a Valiant or a Dart !?

22. RARE57

RARE57

"Thanks" for the pictures,"Baron" !....hopefully it helps answer any questions "nitrobrother" may have !

23. slammed

slammed

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

24. RARE57

RARE57

Just say'n;"what also seems to be weird", is the "panel itself"! Appearance wise...it does not look professionally(factory) done. If it is not; I certainly do not mean to hurt anybody's feelings ! "JUST SAY'N" !:confused:

25. Yep, there is something funnie going on with that Stude .... for one thing if a window is added to a sedan delivery
    it is usually on the right side, not the left.

26. RARE57

RARE57

"GOOD point...SAM123"....If my memory serves me correctly...I had read; in 1957...some Deliveries (Forestry Department) only had windows on the passenger side; in order to detect "fires" easier. I could be wrong !

27. For changing lanes without creaming out the car also I think. Saw a "barn-find" Atomic Energy Commission 59 Chev SDL on e-bay a few years ago .... looked great except for the sheet of flat glass on the rear passenger-side .... reminded me of the cheesy sun roof we put in our vans in the 70s. nothing that a wire-feed couldn't fix. lol

28. That's a Dart.

29. I agree, the line of screw heads visible at the bottom of the "panel" is kinda hinky. I nosed around a bit to see if I could find any information about it, but the only two places I found it referenced (one of which was the Studebaker Owners forum) only had discussions ("that's pretty wild") and no details. I'd like to know if it's legit or not. I know there was an aftermarket company who made SD conversion kits for Larks in the '59-'60 era, so maybe this was an earlier attempt by the same company. I dunno, just guessing at this point...