Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Dave Stuckey Kustoms info anyone?

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by fleet-master, Feb 8, 2011.

1. frank spittle

frank spittle

Starbirds.jpg Starbird.jpg Here is Dave's '32 with three other Kustoms outside Starbirds in late '59 or early '60. The '59 Buick beside the '32 was Starbird's personal car.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2019
  2. frank spittle

frank spittle

Dave's 32.jpg Dave Stuckey.jpg Here is another shot of the '32 taken at the same time. The other photo shows Dave Stuckey working on a Packard tailight transplant at Starbird's shop while employed there.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2019
  3. Jebo

Jebo

Me and the oleman went and saw Stuckey a few weeks ago.He has Done more i think in the last few months than i can ever remember. Everything for the sedan is sent off to chrome and final weld and primer is going on as we speak. He is doing well after all his heath problems. Still eating fried chicken at the local food market when i see him out. I cant wait to see it done.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 10, 2013
  4. redroaddog

redroaddog

just found this thread very cool he is still building cars! it does amaze me how these great customs get neglected or worse changed. Dave is a very talented customizer. wish i lived closer i would really like to meet him:cool:

5. fleet-master

fleet-master

great photos Jebo!! Dave's shop looks about as tidy as mine does most of the time! ...but I bet he knows where everything is :D:D . I do hope we get to see his new sedan when its all done PB

6. Jebo

Jebo

Out of all the times I have been there, I don't think I have ever seen him work on anything. He must work all night on stuff.

7. fleet-master

fleet-master

bttt any word on Dave or the 32 he's building? also does anyone know if the restoration of the 58 has been finished?

8. Jebo

Jebo

Dave is building! He has painted the frame on the 32, put the gold big block back in it, chrome is all coming back from the platers. Ill try to stop by this weekend and take a few pictures. The 58, I have no idea about it.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

9. O.Hove

O.Hove
    Member Emeritus
    from S.D.

Dave punched the holes in my 58 DeSoto

10. fleet-master

fleet-master

Hey Jebo, I don't spose you managed to stop by Dave's shop and check on progress?

11. lucas doolin

lucas doolin

There is a 1940 Ford sedan currently on eBay - item # 131002093318 - that looks a lot like it, although somewhat cobbled. Seller states he chopped the top, but the resemblance is striking. It definitely has 60s vibes. Hope this helps.

12. Torchie

Torchie

13. waynejell

waynejell
    from USA

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 1, 2013
  14. fleet-master

fleet-master

thanks so much Waynejell !!! This car is gona be off the chart COOOOOOOOOOOLLLLL!!! Can't wait to see more :D:D

15. waynejell

waynejell
    from USA

Dave and I are good friends...I will stop by his shop this week and snap more photos...please pray for his health to improve...:)

16. 'Mo

'Mo

These photos are fantastic. What detail! Thanks for a look inside the work of a legendary builder and true artist, that magazines and car shows alone could never afford.
    Best wishes for Dave!

Last edited: Oct 2, 2013
  17. Sakke

Sakke
    from Finland

Hopefully Dave will be better and can finish his Lìl Coffin 2. Monogram era Lìl Coffin is just best looking kustom rod ever made !!! Seems to be that this version will be a true piece of a art also

18. fleet-master

fleet-master

Hi guys... thought I'd bring this one back to the top and see if anyone can update us on how Dave's getting on ? Several months since the last post..maybe he's got the Lil Coffin 3 on it's wheels...now THAT'D be a coooooooolllll sight i reckon !!

Last edited: Jan 9, 2014
  19. fleet-master

fleet-master

20. Bullet Nose

Bullet Nose

The back bumper looks exactly like the one on my 60 Olds.

Attached Files:

21. fleet-master

fleet-master

bump would any of you guys who live not too far from Dave be interested in paying him a visit? hanging out to see more of his uber cool project...:)

22. fleet-master

fleet-master

anyone? pretty please...?

23. fleet-master

fleet-master

shall i phone these guys? :eek:

Attached Files:

24. Old Tin and New Tin

Old Tin and New Tin

I don't live close to Dave's shop, but I did drive by it today and there was no sign of any activity. We had 9 inches of snow last Monday and another 4 inches of snow last night. There were no tracks in the driveway showing
    anyone had been in our out. Maybe someone will be out and around there
    next week after the snow disappears.

25. fleet-master

fleet-master

thanks Old Tin...seems like it really IS a cold case yikes!

26. indianhead74

indianhead74

I remember a '39-'40 sedan at the '71 SRN in memphis with those proportions. It was painted yellow with green flames as I recall. It may not be the same car , but it was unusual to see sectioned cars at that time. Indy

27. fleet-master

fleet-master

28. fleet-master

fleet-master

don't make me come over there....

29. xhotrodder

xhotrodder

I remember the 58 Chevy, and the Lil Coffin car. Both were pretty famous in there day. Might try looking in some Car Craft, and R&C little pages books for some pictures of them.

30. frank spittle

frank spittle

I talked with Dave today and he tells me he has talked with a neighbor of the guy who is restoring the "Kandy Kart" '58 Chevy (the owner wants to remain anonymous) and it is nearing completion. I feel like he is making a serious mistake not consulting with Dave on the restoration.

But he was working on the new "Lil Coffin" when I called. He said at his age progress has been slower than anticipated.