Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Curious: Who all's got Model A's in the works?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Mike Zenor, Oct 18, 2005.

1. Paul Windshield

Paul Windshield

Count me in got a 30 coupe. No pics not much to look at yet.
    Paul

2. Bass

Bass
    from Dallas, TX

Damn...there are some really cool A's being built right now!

It seems like mine has been taking forever, but it actually has only been in the works for 4 yrs now. It languished in a dark shed in Central Texas for couple years when I didn't have any place to work on it.

Here's the body when I got it...a real prize huh?:

[​IMG]

I think it's in this picture somewhere....here it is as I was moving it into the new shop:

[​IMG]

Here's pretty much where it is now:

[​IMG]

It's a '29 Coupe on '32 rails. I still have a long way to go. Here's the motor that's going in it...331 Hemi...with a Muncie M-20 4spd.

[​IMG]

3. Crusty Nut

Crusty Nut

here are some older pics. The frame is painted and done. brake lines run, flatty running with t-5. The body will be in color by the end of the week. Just finished up the last coat of primer today. the doors are streched so I would fit in it.

Attached Files:

4. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Friend of mine (Roach-newbie, hasn't posted an intro) owns this '28 coop...with Olds power...told him I'd post this for him. Built it in six months of Sundays...

R-

[​IMG]

5. I go pogo

I go pogo

My 31 is getting close to driveability. pogo

Attached Files:

6. Dueceburnout

Dueceburnout

this is the 28-29 i'm working on just got the front rollin have to get the motor and trans moved up a little higher and finish the mounts then get the back rollin
    scb/T5

Attached Files:

7. AHotRod

AHotRod

My "Caveman" Project, my own design chassis 3 1/2" off the ground, 15" shortened , 4 1/8" chop 2-dr Sedan body, 401 Nailhead, Hurst slicks

Glenn

8. myke

myke
    from SoCal

9. CaseyK

CaseyK

here's mine.....

Attached Files:

10. 392_hemi

392_hemi

I've got the '30 coupe you've seen, but haven't started on it yet. Need to finish the '34 pickup and then the '29 roadster before I get to it. But I am planning to rebuild the '40 rearend and T5 for it over the winter. Plus I'm sending the '32 axle to Dave Mann to get it dropped (will mate up with '34 wishbone for the front).

11. forsakenfew

forsakenfew
    from seattle

heres my 31. chopped about 4.5, channelled 3" over the home built frame. 3" Z in front, 16" kick in rear. 6 month build. oh, and it's running a 389 with tripower out of a 60 catalina.

Attached Files:

12. No_Respect

No_Respect
    from So-Cal

Damn this makes me want to pull mine out of the corner and start working on it I have a 30 roadster on 32 rails with a 324 old for power the quick change is being assembled at a local sprint car shop this month.

13. attitudor

attitudor
    from Finland

My ´28 "from Tudor to Coupe" awaiting in Finland.

Frame 2" front-Z / 10" rear kickup, Model A crossmembers
    Body: 2.5" chop; Nash rear body; Tudor cowl, doors, ½ subframe, Opel roof insert
    Tech: 4" Super Bell front axle, Pontiac rear-end with lock, Pontiac rear brakes.

Just bought ´60 Chevrolet 348 with tri-power, Chevrolet T-5 manual trans and '40 front brakes with Buick drums... Still some parts needed!

http://photobucket.com/albums/y108/Karimix/A-Coupe/

Attached Files:

14. D.W.

D.W.
    from Austin Tx.

Cherry coupe body. Blown 355. Vaginaglide (TM) w/ overdrive. American stamping rails from speedway. Hope to have it running/driving by Roundup.:rolleyes:

Attached Files:

15. I traded a Honda Rebel and some cash for this last week:D
    [​IMG]

It's a 28 sedan-turned-pickup. Solid little truck, came with a bunch of parts. 4" Superbell front, juice brakes, 8" in the rear. It's got a Ranger banger/auto in it now--supposed to be a runner. I've got a '49 331 Cadillac with a choice of a Caddy 3 speed or a hydro, got 'em both :)
    Not exactly sure what direction to take it, but I'm hung between full fenders and the Ranger engine or hiboy and the Caddy engine :confused:

Get ready---I'm gonna ask a LOT of stupid questions in the months to come:eek:

16. I have a '28 Tudor waiting for me at gtnrkix's place in SW Wisconsin if I ever can find a way to get it to Kansas City. :(

(Anyone coming from that-a-way to this-a-way with an empty trailer?)

17. wyatt

wyatt

my 29 a, should be driving in about a week....

Attached Files:

18. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

My A Bomb

46 flatty and rear, dropped front axle, 35 wires are some of the plans.

Attached Files:

• akick.JPG
      akick.JPG
      File size:
      52.6 KB
      Views:
    • a1.JPG
      a1.JPG
      File size:
      34.2 KB
      Views:
  19. TREE

TREE
    from Piqua,OH

sorry, no pics, but I've got a '29 full fendered Tudor w/merc flattie that is a driver that only needs paint, and a '29 Tudor project thats going to get a deuce frame and a y-block

20. My 31 Roadster is currently at "Aceholes" waiting for Mr. Bobbleeds artistic touch...!

Yep..., I know it sits a bit high now but it'll fall off those horses soon and I'm letting it rust away until it's light enough to race...!:eek: :D

[​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

Friggen "TITUS" keeps asking me if I want to sell it... :eek: !

Again... the answer is "NO"...! :D

Some of the "Go Fast Goodies" include a Dual Quad Offenhauser Manifold for the 455 Olds" and a Winters Quick Change...!!!!
    [​IMG]

It's not Super traditional But it's an inexpensive build that better run 12's or less...!;)

21. plan9

plan9

BASS, if you need a back window for your 29 i probably have something you can use.

also, how are you dealing with the belt line and attachment of the roof to the body itself?

luckily my leather back came with a removable belt line...

22. kryptic phinishes

kryptic phinishes
    from kansas

i am starting on my 29 coupe the frame is coming home this weekend it has a
    4''z in the front and a 13'' z in the back the body work starts now hope to have some pic soon

23. Tuck

Tuck
    Tech Editor
    from MINNESOTA
    1. Early Hemi Tech

hey wingnutz wana sell that roadster body?

Tuck

24. attitudor

attitudor
    from Finland

Sounds low!

Nice projects, keep them coming!

25. reece

reece
    from NC

Here's my '30 68B Cabriolet. I haven't seen one of these on here yet. The plan is to keep the banger and add a dropped axle and juice brakes. I have some smoothies to go on it because the 21 inch wheels are a tad too tall. The frame is a 28 and the motor is a 29. I am missing a lot of the top pieces so I doubt it will ever have one.

Reece

Attached Files:

26. Sadly, I haven't been able to touch mine in the last 12 months......but I hear a revival is come to town soon.......8BA included....;) :D

Cheers,

Drewfus

Attached Files:

27. McFly

McFly

Waiting for talent and money....Ha Ha! Good thing I have time!

Attached Files:

28. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Here is mine as of last night, hope to have it road worthy for Turkey run in Nov (as a highboy) and with fenders by Xmas time or just after the first of the year.

Attached Files:

29. siggybrain

siggybrain

all these nice looking As makes me want to finish mine. I have a 28 RPU in garage but it has to wait trying to fix house up/buy new house.

30. Torkwrench

Torkwrench

I wish that I did. I've got the engine and driveline that I want to use, but don't have a Model A to put them in.:( :(