Register now to get rid of these ads!

FatMan Front Ends & Similar - Educate Me

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Olds Dad, Aug 15, 2013.

1. FritzTownFord

FritzTownFord

Have you even called Fat Man? Brent (THE fat man) is an automotive engineer with thousands of chassis and front ends installed over 28 years. He's known for "working man" pricing and top quality and is always eager to talk you through the options - no pressure pitch either. Just call early in the day so he'll have time to help you out. Tell him you saw this referral on the HAMB.

Disclosure: I do all their advertising - and I've installed several of their chassis and suspensions in my own cars.

2. smooothee

smooothee

There's a couple tech articles in both Street Rodder and Rod and custom this October's
    magazine. Both dealing with suspension upgrade on 50's Chevy's but the tech still applies
    to other Gm makes as well. This gives you a couple different ways to go then the M2 Type suspension, if you wanted to go a different route.

3. whtbaron

whtbaron
    from manitoba

I think you just answered your own question. If suspension swaps are beyond your personal level of confidence, stick to making your original suspension work better. Proper rebuild with good parts and heavy duty shocks will get you back on the road the fastest.

4. i'm not a fan of mII i've installed them because the customer insisted and i've look at others just a need louvers stated alot were without respect for proper geometry or in cars that were too heavy worst yet with air bags

5. Greg55_99

Greg55_99

Like we used to say in the old days... "Roll yer own..." Beginnings of my "Elpolacko Bikini Cut". Going into my 77 Volare (Don't like Volare suspensions... Go figure...)

Greg

Attached Files:

6. Olds Dad

Olds Dad

I have not - yet. I wanted to get a better understanding of the options before I called so I didn't sound like a fool (as opposed to doing that on this thread :D ). I now have a much clearer picture of what to ask.

7. Olds Dad

Olds Dad

I see your point - but I don't feel that a complete stub swap is beyond my capabilities - I've done plenty of welding & know my way around the garage. I was more referring to the custom frame modeling and fabrication that he was doing (he essetially built his own stub and then installed it). I'm not set up for that kind of heavy duty fab work.

You guys have been very helpful - I have a much better idea of what my options are.

Many thanks