Register now to get rid of these ads!

History **Late 60s?? Austin Gasser "Pure Acid"**

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hotrodhell35, Jan 12, 2013.

1. richgib

richgib

thank you, its an old east coast drag car, built in about 1969,its an altered, you sit in the back seat like a funny car,motor is set back to where front doors are. its a trip to drive !!! will be at union grove for the hunnert car heads up and at byron for the meltdown drags , hopefully would like to take it for a pass if i get her done. stop by and say hi !

2. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

I love those little cars.

"MELTDOWN DRAGS"
    July 20, 21 2013 at Byron Dragway Byron Ill.
    www.meltdowndrags.com

3. Falfasnightmare

Falfasnightmare

Dont forget to pre-register for FREE at the Meltdown....it is already half full and only April....dont want you to be looking through the fence.

Free to pre-register, and required to race.

www.meltdowndrags.com

4. WillysRule

WillysRule
    from Central FL

Cool pics, but man I wish they were bigger. It's really hard to see any detail. Looks like it could be a really neat car.

5. richgib

richgib

already registered and sorry about the pics, dont know how to make them bigger

6. Hotrodhell35

Hotrodhell35

sounds tuff! yea!! hopefully ill be able to make it up this year!! ill stop by and say hello

7. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

Very cool A40! You've done a great job from what I see so far! I blew them up as large as I could, but they got a little blurry doing so.

8. richgib

richgib

looking for a driver side lower grill for the a40, have one with a couple of bars broken out, but looking for a little better one, also rear door(4 door) garnish mouldings and 1/4 glass garnish. if anybody has anything , please let me know.. thank you

9. flthd

flthd

I took this pic saturday at the heads up drags.

Attached Files:

10. ModelAPunk

ModelAPunk
    from Buffalo NY

Figure I'd Bump this one back up...
    Found this pic here on the HAMB from the Meltdown Drags Thread. Definitely a cool car!
    Anyone know any more history on this car? Maybe have some old pictures of it?

Attached Files:

11. richgib

richgib

from what i was told it was built late sixtys early seventies on the east coast dont know builder, original name of car was shake ,rattle, and run,and then was sold to a guy who owned a crane company and was called master blaster, painted white,then sold to the owner before me in n.y. he moved to florida with the car, stripped her down and converted it to the street. and painted it green. i bought it in2012 and proceeded to put the straight axle under it. freshened up the green and added all the gold leaf and recalled it pure acid after a willys i heard of . i was going for a certain look with the car hopefully i captured it, funds are running low so i wont be racing it this year. next year for sure, for now just takin it to shows... thanks for all the compliments, rich

12. 3day

3day
    from UK

that is so cool

13. drumyn29

drumyn29

so cool!!!!