Register now to get rid of these ads!

Old Campers...Let's see what you got!

Discussion in 'The Antiquated' started by mctim64, Jun 4, 2009.

1. I like that, and with a "Big Job" hood too. :)
    That is not a good way to end this story. :mad:

2. BootleggerMatt

BootleggerMatt

This is my 1972 Rancho. Doesn't have a title, not sure what I'm gonna do with it. Might sell it so it don't rot.

Attached Files:

3. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

I like the scoop too, the hood is regular 1/2 ton though as as the Big Job hood is several inches longer it turns out. My brother just picked another one of these scoops up today!

4. Barn Find

Barn Find
    from Missouri

Please tell us about the tow truck. That is beautiful! Is that a Dodge? Whatgrill and headlights? Late model drivetrain with railroad wheels?

5. Barn Find

Barn Find
    from Missouri

Sorry. GMC Never seen one. Cool!

6. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

Cut down 36 GMC 1 ton long wheel base panel truck with a 37 Dodge cab, it was a hot rod in the 40's and a legit tow truck till it was retired in 58. My dad and I saved it from the crusher in 94 and built it in 05, I drive it as my every day vehicle and love it! The body is not done and wont be for some time, but everything else is new or rebuilt. You have a good eye as those are railway wheels, with the newer suspension being wider the stock wheel placement looked terrible with the tires sticking way out of the fenders, these wheels tucked them back in and being 19.5 they look vintage but have the benefits of radials which is good as I pull my car trailer with it a ridiculous number of miles per year.

7. Barn Find

Barn Find
    from Missouri

Neat! Now I don't feel so bad for recognizing that sloping line where the hood meets the Dodge cowl.

8. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

It was hot-rods and house-trailers on our recent two week "Lincoln Highway Centennial Tour" with the Tin Can Tourists. We towed with our Diamond T, hauling the Spartan Manor to Ashville OH, then on to Kearny NB where we stayed for 5 days. Great trip, for more pic's and a (sort of) day by day breakdown, go to Cool McCool's Garage, just follow the link in the signature line.

Cheers,

Brian

Attached Files:

Hotdoggin DaddyO likes this.
  9. Barn Find

Barn Find
    from Missouri

That Spartan looks great. The tow rig aint bad either!

Speaking of spartan, literally, we camped in my '42 Dodge on a 200-mile roadtrip one time.

[​IMG]

10. Clik

Clik

I always wanted one of those. Didn't Dodge make what I'd call a command car around 42 also? I think it had the same nose but a car/jeep like back half.

11. Barn Find

Barn Find
    from Missouri

Yes. The Command Car (WC51 or WC52 with winch) and the Carryall (WC53) like mine above were equipped with heavy duty 12V (back then, standard military was still 6v) electircal systes for radio equipment. The carryall was the all-weather version of Patton's command car. Few Carryalls wer actually used in battle, though, because their tall profile made them easy targets.

Mine actually has a civilian Power Wagon hood and radiator shell. The military version has a flat-top grill shell and a sloping hood.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2013
  12. Clik

Clik

Your carryall is cool.

13. Great tour pics, especially the "Miss Nebraska" pic!:D

14. Barn Find

Barn Find
    from Missouri

15. yruhot

yruhot

Here are a couple of photos of my 56 Chevy and the Scottty camper I picked up and redid. Painted to match the 56 with matching torque thrust wheels to match. Have tons of fun with them both. Interior is done up like a fifties diner. Wife has several themes she likes to do with the interior. She has a Nascar theme, a Coka Cola theme. And a Vintage theme. Keeps her busy. Also included so photos of one of our many trips to Flagstaff Az. Along Rt.66 some of the stuff you can see Around Seligma,Peachtree, Hackberry, Etc out in the country. Beautiful Drive. OK later YRUHOT...........Doug

16. yruhot

yruhot

I don't see photos. I thought I had this thing figured out. let me try again.Yruhot.........Doug...There they are. Don't know what I did but it worked.

Attached Files:

• 009.JPG
      009.JPG
      File size:
      146.1 KB
      Views:
    • 010.JPG
      010.JPG
      File size:
      142.5 KB
      Views:
    • 038.JPG
      038.JPG
      File size:
      141.7 KB
      Views:
    • 051.JPG
      051.JPG
      File size:
      142.5 KB
      Views:
  17. Patrick46

Patrick46

WOW...this bus is cool as all heck!!
    (would love to learn & see more about it)

[​IMG]

18. banjeaux bob

banjeaux bob
    from alaska

IHC Jungle Yacht

Attached Files:

19. Bull

Bull

20. ynottayblock

ynottayblock

that is too damn cool!

21. khead47

khead47

Love the "Mae West" provisions in the cover! It also appears to have three pedals! Kool.

22. OLLIN

OLLIN

That cadillac rules!

23. Great pix Brian! Thanks for shaing!

24. Waaayyyyy cool Caddy!! Car Cover is TIT'S also...........

25. I guess eveyone has seen this one now. Cool camper from the "King of Cool"!

[​IMG]

26. Barn Find

Barn Find
    from Missouri

27. atch

atch

bf, that thing is cool. is it here in columbia?

28. Barn Find

Barn Find
    from Missouri

No, that's a Diamond T photo I found on the web. There is a REO housecar in Jefferson City similar to that, except with a pointy streamlined front end on it.

29. OLLIN

OLLIN

I picked this up last week on CL about 90 miles away.
    I was building one from the ground up, but then I found this one to restore. It's a '48 KIT.

All the aluminum and hardware etc. was starting to add up! Needs work, but Im excited.

[​IMG]

then got a flat on the way back haha. and it was just after 8pm, so everything was closed. we barely made it to pepboys before they closed at 9pm!

[​IMG]