Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anybody goin to the Lambrecht Chevrolet auction?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by clean cut creations, Jun 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ole don

Ole don

I'll be happy to pay sticker price for the 64 hard top, - - - - - -

2. LostHope

LostHope

Hopefully no douche bags on the internet reading this information you posted go and bother the owners or trespass on the property...hopefully everyone respects the owners wishs of not being bothered and only show up to the previewing.....

3. 1964countrysedan

1964countrysedan
    from Texas

RIGHT ON!
    Brother Lost. HOPE!

4. uncle buck

uncle buck

is the roof damaged on the Cameo or was it my imagination? Possibly something laying on it? What a time capsule.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2013
  5. tred

tred

the closest town to the auction is norfork (sp), a town of about 12,000 but only has 3 hotels.
    if you're going, you'd better book a room fast!
    it may already be too late...

6. kyvetteman

kyvetteman

The Historic Vehicle Association posted a story and link on their facebook page today.

http://www.autoweek.com/article/20130624/carnews01/130629911

Maybe I missed it, but what is the name of your website?

Thx

Last edited: Jun 25, 2013
  7. F&J

F&J

That article was done by someone without facts, it seems. It says the cars were sealed inside, yet on a link in another hamb thread, there are many cars junked outside.

How do you keep 500 cars indoors? you don't :)

Someone on the other thread made it sound like many new ones were outdoors? and also said something about parting out cars with 10 miles?

Hopefully someone from the auction house can sort this out, as far as where is what.

8. Russco

Russco
    from Central IL

I thought so too, looks like the header in knocked down on it to me.

9. Might have to take a couple of days to run up there.

Norfolk, Nebraska is famous as the birthplace of Johnny Carson, if any of you were unaware.

10. historynw

historynw

Holy crap there is some interesting stuff there...even in parts. I got to load up the wallet,

11. Well, it's featured on Yahoo now. So much for any hope of reasonable prices. Bet at least half of it will leave the country.

12. Model T1

Model T1

I may be wrong but looks like a rubber mat like people put in a pick up bed or on a shop floor is on the roof. Sure looks bent .
    I'm gonna dream about those cars.

13. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

14. Grumpy

Grumpy
    from NE Ohio

That youtube video showed the cameo out in the sun and that it has 1 ( ONE ) mile on it...!
    Wow
    Wheres that lotto ticket at....

15. LostHope

LostHope

16. aldixie

aldixie

Vanderbink's website has crashed this morning with all of the internet traffic.

17. RICKY~RICARDO

RICKY~RICARDO
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Milwaukee

This is going to bring big money :( all i can do is watch and cry lol

18. Can you believe these auctioneers stacked the hubcaps and parts on the hoods just to take video? Bonehead move. Shows lack of concern about any of this stuff in my eyes. Nobody touches them for years and these goons stack em up with parts? What do you think the new buyer would say?

19. I noticed that in the video, and my heart sank. All I could think of was the sharp clips on the trim rings gouging that pristine lacquer paint. Why would you do that?

The cars are cool, but I really want to see all of the 1964 trucks with the super-low miles. I would LOVE to have one of those!!

20. 57Custom300

57Custom300
    from Arizona

Hopefully the layers of dust cushioned some of it. I'm a Ford guy but still this is waaay cool. Just wish I had the $$$ to bid on something.

21. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Every link I find nets a message of exceeded bandwidth. Might have to wait now as probably every swingin dick in the world is looking at it.

22. Still that way .

23. x2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

24. Russco

Russco
    from Central IL

This was on Face Book about a month ago. I checked their website then they only had a few pictures and a listing of all the cars then.

25. marlinmustang

marlinmustang
    from Nanuet NY

Here is the real question. What would you do with those cars? Since they have been sitting for close to 50 years what do you do with them? Clean them and park them ? Or restore them to running order? Most of those cars will nead pile of work. Do you take off the original tires and so on? I say the Jay Lenos and Rick Hendricks have people going and most will go in there collection. The feild car list is very thin with a lot of four doors. ALso those cars have been sitting 40 years also.

26. You put them in another building to be discovered and auctioned off again when you die! ;)

27. traffic61

traffic61
    from Owasso, OK

The Lord help the successful bidder who comes on here and asks how to clean the ten inches of dust on his barn find that he bought at this auction.:D

I would love to attend this one with a fat wallet.

28. Last edited: Jun 27, 2013
  29. Chrisbcritter

Chrisbcritter

Anyone seen images of all those sub-10-mile '64 pickups? Were any of them indoors? That building doesn't look big enough to hold much more than what they pulled out already; did they have any other warehouses?

30. slddnmatt

slddnmatt

maybe ill get lucky and have money in time to go!! probably get out bid to my max within the first 5 seconds though!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.