Register now to get rid of these ads!

O/T Curious what all you hambers do for work?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rustypipes, Sep 28, 2005.

1. Skimmer

Skimmer

Plasterer and General Builder in the Construction industry most of you guys have really techinal jobs by there descriptions ........id love to move to the States to work etc but you dont need construction workers ....

2. rustyparts

rustyparts
    from Clinton,Mt

Tattoo artist been doing it for over 10 years.http://www.painlesssteeltattoo.com On the site if you look up SCHAF thats me.Then on the side I fab, airbrush,paint, build with wood.

3. fur biscuit

fur biscuit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

pm's unite...aauuuugghhh more paper work. oooooohhhh!!! surf the hamb.

4. Dukes69

Dukes69

I own a small Jeep Fabrication company here in Temecula, ca. I make all the heavy junk so people can slam their jeeps into the rocks. :D If anyone needs some garbage welded, give me a call.

[​IMG]

5. "Boatbuilder"(fiberglass)

6. Stick Shift

Stick Shift
    from LENA IL

I am a meter reader for the electric co. I am able to go on other peoples land and find old cars and other goodies. I am hated by dogs and some dickhead customers. Went back to school to finish my BA in business. With this job I get to meet a lot of people and hear " Back In My Day......"

7. marq

marq

I work for GM or as they like to call it GMML thats gm manufacturing Luton.I make the Vauxhall vivaro ,renault traffic and the nissan primastar vans for a living,not very interesting or glam i'm affraid but it pays the bills lol...............Marq

8. markanthony

markanthony

I used to sell skate clothes/footwear to Skate clothes/footwear to southern/central America, Asia and the Pac-Rim... I just started in a new position at the same company setting up and maintaining our Apparel items within our inventory/billing/shipping/purchasing system...

9. Rocket

Rocket
    from Austin Tx

I work for a printing company. My official title is Indigo Operator but I also get pushed around 3 other departments to make sure the work gets out on time.

10. jerry

jerry

Am I the only appliance repairman here?

jerry

11. SAVAGE

SAVAGE
    Alliance Vendor

I work at the California Design Studio for BMW. Building protoype parts for BMW, Mini, and Rolls Royce. I am a model maker/painter.
    www.designworksusa.com

But My real fun is my own cars bikes and parts I do. I hope I can do my own thing full time someday..

www.savagespeedgarage.com

aaron

Attached Files:

12. this is some ironic stuff i also am a paramedic fire fighter but just resently changed jobs to my love of cars i work for devious customs in ontario california

13. Retired after 35 yrs. in a aluminum smelter; then went back to work helping to maintain a fleet of 17 Warbirds for a flying museum. The pay and benefits aren't even close to what I used to make, but I'm a hell of a lot better off now.

14. repoman

repoman

My official title is "Customer Curmudgeon". I'm a professional PITA. My role is a security consultant for a company that produces Security Information Management software.

My job is to act as a liason/diplomat between customers and my company. having an abrasive personality somehow works for me here.

For fun I steal cars from dildos who don't pay their bills.

I used to do repos full-time. It doesn't pay enough for me though.

15. SwitchBlade327

SwitchBlade327

I'm attempting to have my own business doing custom paint/body work, very unsuccessfully so far. At least the wife brings home enough to pay the bills, and is very understanding about my old junk.......

16. Brandy

Brandy
    from Texas

Course not! I fix the washin machine all the time.:rolleyes: :D
    xxx

17. Soviet

Soviet

I guess i'll pitch in as well.
    Been working at Tea's Design for the past year, still in high school.
    Build rediculously expensive seats for rediculously expensive cars.
    Pays enough to keep the gas in my tank, and get to see some pretty cool cars every once in a while. '33 Ford Woody in the shop currently. They just dont make them like they used to.

18. thief in the night

thief in the night

I manage a record store and screen print custom merch for bands in my basement... it's not glamorous, and i want to get out of it, but it's hard to make it pounding metal these days unless you have a receipt (diploma) from school...

19. briggs&strattonChev

briggs&strattonChev

I am the proprietor/owner/operator/ceo of a network management system that uses the latest of radar, laser, and infrared technologies in which powers and harnesses energy derived from its internal components to kick johnnyb's ASS!

actually im a college student, majoring in pre-dentistry, and part time I butcher deer and cattle.

20. Jkustom

Jkustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I work full time at Costco in the tire shop, And I am also 1/3 of the fastest growing (and best looking) locksmith company in the greater seattle area,
    PUGET SOUND KEY&LOCK.

Fuck days off...:(

21. 4HawkRod

4HawkRod
    BANNED

Industrial Sales including

Ups and Surge Protection and Electrical Enclosures and Transformers

22. TRUCKRODDER

TRUCKRODDER

HVAC tech, residential and commercial.:)

23. I have been resisting adding my info to this list as I still laugh about it to myself sometimes... I travel, all over the US and some overseas, to military bases, universities, etc. and install curtains and miniblinds.. I AM a proffessional screw-up-er... It has afforded me to drop in on and meet other HAMBers, plus I get to see alot of salvage yards as entertainment..

24. autocol

autocol

i design race karts.

25. HonkyTonker

HonkyTonker
    from Irving, TX

Yup! You Caught me..

Neal0o

26. piche582

piche582
    from Sonora, Ca

I'm a firefighter/engineer/EMT. Also work part time at an auto parts store to keep me occupied on my days off.

27. reborn55

reborn55

For the last 18 years--ambulance fleet manager/mechanic.
    Got to keep the paramedics on the road.
    Repair and try to build cars on thh side to make enough money to keep my toys alive.

28. John B

John B

I run a small trophy shop out of a building beside my home. In the next month or so I'm taking a job in the automotive lubrication services field (changing oil). I changed oil for a while a few years ago and got away from it because the owner's were smucks. Been doing ok working for myself but I want more money. Figure the "real" job will pay the bills and the trophy shop can invest back in itself for awhile.

29. i run a family buisness.. i am 3rd generation in the auto salvage buisness ... santa fe auto in santa fe springs ca. www.santafeauto.com i work the counter and handle the sales for shops and insurance co. < also locate parts for friends .. just ask!>

30. Big jet mechanic :D I am an aircraft mechanic for a regional airline up here in the frozen north. Presently working on Boeing 737-200, 600, 700,and 800 series aircraft. I have worked on alot of different types from 747 thru Cessna in the last 25 years of my carreer. HB32