Register now to get rid of these ads!

Still looking for a motor for my 56 buick wagon or help

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bruce Fischer, Apr 28, 2013.

1. OR What to put in place of it i dont want to change the rear end out so do i have to stay with a buick motor because it has that danmm closed drive shaft or can i do something easy?Thanks Bruce.:mad:

2. Olderchild

Olderchild
    from Ohio

Buick bellhousings are an animal all there own your going to be stuck with that torque monster of a Buick . can the motor be rebuilt , if so get out the wallet there not cheep,you could buy a small block for what i have in my heads:mad: new valves harden seats bronze guides machine shop labor

3. texasred

texasred
    from Houston

you don't need harden seats on a nailhead:( heads have high nickel content..

Last edited: Apr 28, 2013
  4. nxcess

nxcess
    from Mesa, AZ

Have a friend, Ron, that has a good ( I never heard it run but he told me so) 1956 Buick engine and trans. He is in AZ if you are interested. 602-369-4141.

5. 48 Chubby

48 Chubby
    Member Emeritus

You have 3 choices.
    A-Buick engine, Buick drive train.
    B-Change engine, trans and rear end to some thing else.
    C-Spend lots of money on an adapter so you can use that lame ass Buick transmision. Or spend lots on modifying a later transmision to work with your rear end.
    Option C just doesn't make sense.