Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anyone fabricated an intake for a stovebolt?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by freezerburn, Apr 22, 2013.

1. freezerburn

freezerburn

Hey folks, anyone made on out of steel or aluminum that theyu care to shaare the process or outcome with the rest of us- For a six or an 8 just some input. I've seen some pretty crazy ones that aparently worked and I have some ideas of my own too...
    Homemade and hokey as hell folks or whatever in between! Pics, pics, pics puulleeezz if you have them!-freezerburn

Last edited: Apr 22, 2013
  2. did a almquist kit on a GMC 228 welded the cast iron risers on and blocked the original even come with linkage must have been under $10 in 1961 if I could afford it
    good old buz box and cast iron must have sed 6011 for rod and would use 180 amps to cut the cast iron
    did a lot of split manifold too then, but rember a lot of the cars that were worked on were 9 years old or less so it would weld fiarly easily

3. Normbc9

Normbc9

This is not my work but it sure has caught me eye. I thought I'd share it. Hopefully some HAMBER will give me a tip about who makes this great unit. I'm into Stovebolts in a big way.
    Normbc9

Attached Files:

4. OoltewahSpeedShop

OoltewahSpeedShop

Here's a couple I built a few years ago.

Attached Files:

5. freezerburn

freezerburn

Hey Norm' did you maybe post a different pic than you intended? Sure looks like a Fenton:)
    OoltewahSpeedShop, how well do the engines run as daily drivers with no water or gas heat to the custom intake manifold? I live in Alaska and freezing up is already a concern! Nice work btw! -freezerburn

6. I built one for a customer. CNC plasma cut a flange, had 2 dummy carbs and one center working one, with insane zoomies. It was on one of "those" type cars, so, not sure I should post pics :rolleyes:

7. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

8. N8B

N8B

OoltewahSpeedShop - Reminds me of the Howard's 5x2 I had. Very nice!

9. 6-71

6-71

I bought my kit from JC Whitney,back in 1960,welded the flanges on my 1941 chevy 216 intake. AH the good old days.:D

10. secnwind

secnwind

my first car was a 54 Chev, and I cut out the square center section of the intake, which was just large enough for the butterflies of a small 54ish? Buick 4 bbl to fit in.. then brazed on a mounting plate and cobbled up some linkage.. it was crude, but this was in 10th grade metal shop class in 1962

Last edited: May 12, 2013
  11. 'Mo

'Mo

12. Shaggy

Shaggy
    from Sultan, WA

My vintage dirt car is getting an old homebuilt, It was made from 3 centers brazed togather at the runners

13. Normbc9

Normbc9

Maybe these are what you are looking for. The air cleaner is not mine but in my mind it is the nicest I have seen.
    Normbc9

Attached Files:

14. Curt B

Curt B

I cut up a stovebolt intake and made a pc. to blend it to a Rochester 2GC as a machining exercise but never bothered welding it together or testing it as I would no longer be able to run my air cleaner that Norm likes so much. That one was to determine speed, feed, and depth of cut possible with several different 1/16" carbide endmills.

Attached Files:

15. raprap

raprap
    from Ohio

I've designed a few intakes for my fellow Inliners Club members and have built a few.

Attached Files:

16. 54rat210

54rat210

I love "those" type of cars....post a pic for me at least! :D

17. Last edited: May 14, 2013
  18. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

A couple on my GMC. Can't see them to well.

Attached Files:

19. freezerburn

freezerburn