Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects My Willys Gas Coupe build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by langy, Mar 20, 2011.

1. langy

langy
    Member Emeritus

Thanks dude

2. langy

langy
    Member Emeritus

Thanks Leo, appreciate it

3. langy

langy
    Member Emeritus

You do realise I will get you back don't you, your fuel tank is done by the way, real expensive too ;):D

4. Fatbrosracing

Fatbrosracing
    from Australia

It won't be long and you can retire, kick back and build cool hotrods ...... wait, oh that's not fair, you're doing that now.

Happy birthday mate.

5. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Oh oh.........you may not make it to that next birthday if Sue sees this one ! :eek::D

You evidently haven't heard of Lorraina Bobbitt !!!!! :eek::eek:

Don

6. R Frederick

R Frederick
    from illinois

Langy's my hero. I felt like him the other day when I decided to cut my own hood pin washers out of thick plate stainless. I HATE the flimsy chrome washers they send in the kit. In fact, I'm sure the whole kit will just be used as a pattern instead of staying on the car.
    [​IMG]

7. langy

langy
    Member Emeritus

Thanks Chris, can't see me ever retiring.

8. langy

langy
    Member Emeritus

Hahaha, thats funny Don.

9. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:D Hi Langy.Happy birthday.May you have many more safe,healthy and happy ones.I`l be rolling up number 68 this year.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

10. langy

langy
    Member Emeritus

Thanks dude

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

11. 41 Dave

41 Dave

Langy, Belated Happy 60th Birthday ! I got ya by two ! Catch me if you can ! Hell, I'll be 63 in July . . . !

Dave

12. 39 Ford

39 Ford

Happy belated 60th, I am 68, being old is not that much fun but you seem to stay young. A lot of us here envy you and your skills keep it up.

13. langy

langy
    Member Emeritus

Thanks 39, The sun started to return yesterday and I was all fired up to get a lot of pesky small jobs done on the car but then a mate turned up with a problem to fix so all I got done was to fit the transmission remote filter and pipework, What do they say a friend in need is a friend indeed !!!
    I say a friend in need is a pain in the ass !!! :D:D:D

14. Brisa

Brisa

I found this thread from migwelding.co.uk and just read every page over a two day epic ( I could have been making something :p )

I'm generally a forum lurker but I had to sign up to add more praise. The work and one off parts are mind blowing you are a true master. I would love a hot rod and I will be sticking around here to educate myself while making volvo's fast for the time being :D.

15. langy

langy
    Member Emeritus

Had an hour to spare this evening so thought I would deal with the windshield wipers, I've had the motor and wheelboxes in for age's but needed to sort the arms & blades.
    Seeing as I had used a Mini setup I picked up some stainless arms & blades.
    Obviously these were made for RHD and were too long so first job was to shorten the arm and bend for LHD

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Next the blade had to be shortened slightly.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Once everything was welded I put them on the car for a try out.

[​IMG]

16. Nice to see you're back to work again (now that you're officially an "old man" - :) ).

Super work as always ....

17. looks good again, what you're doin', Steve, and even if i'm too late to the cake i'd like to wish you all the best for your anniversary!!! Cheers! ;)

18. langy

langy
    Member Emeritus

Hahaha i think you may have a few years on me mate :cool:

19. One piece at a time...........really turning out great! I put removeable plastic plugs in my wiper arm holes. I'll get to them later. Rain-X will have to do for now.:D

20. langy

langy
    Member Emeritus

Thanks mate :cool:

21. langy

langy
    Member Emeritus

Yeah one piece at a time mate, seems that way, just got back into it and now its raining :(
    Unfortunately our road laws are far more stringent than yours, I could never get away with running no wipers, we have to have washers too along with handbrake, our cars go through a stringent Ministry of Transport test every year and everything gets checked, brakes are checked on a electronic rolling brake meter, a blown bulb and your off the road till its fixed :(

22. farmer12

farmer12

Nice piece of work mr. Langy. You must be getting close to finishing as well by now. Looking good. Can't wait to see the car again!

23. langy

langy
    Member Emeritus

We were blessed with some sunshine today so knocked off a bit earlier as I needed to get some of my interior sorted as my mate steve will be ready to do the headliner soon.
    Made up some rear quarter panels in 3mm ply, had to make these in 2 pieces to get around the cage bits, doesn't matter as i'm covering everything in black carpet anyway, nice and cheap and looks tidy.
    I had a few rolls of adhesieve backed acoustic foam on the shelf so decided to put that in, I have 2 thicknesses 3/8" & 1/4", I used to use this for silencing mobile generators, its excellent stuff, nice thing about it is its a dense foam so carpet can be glued to it, it also goes over wiring etc and leaves a perfectly smooth surface, its also extremely sticky and once stuck down it stays there, you can't make no mistakes applying it for sure.

Got the carpet on the rear firewall and 1/4 panels but run out of time, Hopefully get the rest covered in carpet tomorrow evening.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

24. captain scarlet

captain scarlet
    from Detroit

That looks really nice

25. Weasel

Weasel

Langy I swear you are incapable of making a purely functional item - it always has to be art - are you part Italian or something? - they have this problem big time....;)

26. langy

langy
    Member Emeritus

Thanks Captain, It will look better when the carpet is finished

27. 41 Dave

41 Dave

Langy, Got to agree with others. Every piece you touch could be in a Museum of Modern Art ! Going to be one really wild Hot Rod Willys ! Any updates for that Caddy Mill ?

I may love my Blue Ovals but can also appreciate a built and detailed Caddy.

Dave

28. langy

langy
    Member Emeritus

I thought black carpet would be functional Guido :D

29. Lytles Garage

Lytles Garage

VERRRY COOL !!! Chris

30. langy

langy
    Member Emeritus

Thanks Dave, big engine update very soon :D