Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects WOW an Update (#2) My '37 Chev truck build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by K13, Sep 26, 2011.

1. Lol I would offer a trade for painting my truck but I am pretty sure you would be getting the short end of that stick.:D

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. Rikster

Rikster

Looks really great Ian.

3. Thanks Rik!

4. redwelter

redwelter

Cool work, might have a future in upholstery!

Red

5. Nice updates Canadian brotha!

Are you going for a specific era?

6. Thanks guys!

John it is a late 40's type era I guess but I may end up running the '53 Stude caps I got off you. Sort of like if a guy wanted to update the look a little but didn't want to spend much dough so he went for a hupcap change.

7. Kopperhead

Kopperhead

8. Well it has been a while. I have been waiting for supplies and busy but I finally got back on it this weekend. Here is a finished door panel. The window surround will eventually get painted.

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

Attached Files:

9. That turned out great!

10. Thanks! Two done. Not perfect but I am pretty happy with them for my first attempt.
    uploadfromtaptalk1361214147784.jpg

11. Good to see an update!
    Keep on, keepin' on

12. nhmikel

nhmikel
    from NH

Hi K13
    Do not if I asked already...
    Considering we both have the battery under the seat...
    Have you considered how we can jump start a dead battery?
    I need to come up with something as I have no door handles, just elec PB actuators, etc..
    May need to route some cables to another location?
    Any thoughts?

13. KJSR

KJSR
    from Utah
    1. Utah HAMBers

Mines under the seat as well. I jump start off the starter lug.

14. I am going to add some remote battery lugs somewhere because I don't have the ability to open my hood without being in the cab so the starter is out for me as well . I haven't decided where I am going to put them yet though.

15. KJSR

KJSR
    from Utah
    1. Utah HAMBers

The remote lugs are a better idea than the starter....hot headers are no fun.

16. koolkemp

koolkemp

Damn the door panels look great Ian ! I think my limitation would be reached at sewing...I tried once in high school and the scissors ended up stuck in my bedroom wall lol!

17. Thanks! I havent found the sewing part that difficult although it is super nerve racking because if you screw up you pretty much have to toss your material (vinyl) because it will be full of holes, but the layout and measuring is super involved and time consuming. I definitely have a new appreciation for upholsters it is VERY labour intensive.

18. I had a request for some pictures of how I am using a Saginaw in my truck. It is too long so I had to move the shifter forward. My dad made an adaptor to move everything forward before he passed away so here are some pictures. It's not fully hooked up in these pictures because it is out of the truck and too bulky to store but I hope you can get the idea.

Attached Files:

19. jarhead

jarhead

Neat setup on the saginaw linkage.... thanks.....

20. Thanks hope it helped.

21. RyeGuy

RyeGuy

Hey Ian, this is Ryan, Keiths son from Saskatoon. Finally stumbled on you thread and all of it is amazing. Excellent work keep it going.

22. Thanks Ryan! Well I am.slowly plugging along on the seat covers. Here is what I have so far. Nothing is attached just laying on the seat. The back looks super wrinkled but it is just the fact that there is no facing done in these pictures. The wrinkles come right out as soon as I put any tesion on it.

Attached Files:

23. Looks great! I sure have problems on those inside radiuses. Do you have any tricks? I have a hard time getting it fully around 90 degrees without issues.

24. Thanks! Not really sure I am one to be giving upholstery advice but I found (after it was suggested by some of the upholsters on here) that relief cuts make doing the corners much easier. I didn't use as many on the seat bottom and it was a bear to get done but I used more on the back and the corners were much easier. Just go slow and try and and keep the material as flat as you can so you don't end up sewing puckers in it.

25. Tnomoldw

Tnomoldw

26. 1951Streamliner

1951Streamliner
    from Reno, NV

Are you done yet????

27. Yeah, what's going on here?

28. Haha. I have been working on it, got the cab off the frame and have been doing little boring stuff like drilling and tapping holes to mount brake lines and the like. I need to sort out an issue I am having with the running board brackets on one side of the truck, weld up a few stray holes and get a driveshaft built and I think other than paint the chassis will be done. I will try and get some update pics in the next couple of weeks.

29. nali

nali

Wood. leathers, screw rivets ...
    /me like :p

30. pila38

pila38

Wow! Not only do you do EVERYTHING, you do it all really well. Impressive work, I like it.