Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Out for a ride in the Hot Rod....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by OoltewahSpeedShop, Mar 17, 2013.

1. OoltewahSpeedShop

OoltewahSpeedShop

The wife and I got out for lunch and decided to take the the Hot Rod. Nothing special, just a great afternoon to feel some wind in your face and smell some gas fumes. Even got a bite to eat along the way. These pics were taken in front of the old Couch's Barbeque in Ooltewah. Est. 1949.

This was our first ride of the year, so figured I'd post a few pics. Feel free to post your Hot Rod pictures from along the road.

Later,
    Kevin

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 17, 2013
  2. bubba67

bubba67
    from NJ

Summer is comin' boys !!!

3. Nice it's about 30 here today, but at least it's sunny

4. I still not able to drive due to the boot but I did spend a little quality time with my Deuce sedan yesterday with the garage doors wide open,,76 degrees! :D HRP

5. teejay99

teejay99

Since I don't have a street rod right now , I can't really imagine the feeling ...but I'm envious as hell . I'm sure you can't wipe the smile off your face . Good start to spring !

T

6. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Love the roadster......80 degrees here in Fresno.

7. TOMMAY

TOMMAY
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from MOBILE,AL

Makes my mouth water. Errrr,the car,that is.

8. OoltewahSpeedShop

OoltewahSpeedShop

Were you making engine sounds....? ;)

Hope you're able to get out soon, the weather has been great this week. I'm ready for warm weather.

9. Just hobbling around on the cane and using a lot of 4 letter words but really enjoying the nice weather!:D HRP

10. 10° above the donut. Last year it was 75° here & I had the mod out, but a month later & I still had it out but was driving in the freezing rain to a in-door show.

11. Roadster looks awesome out on the road.....not to hijack your post but do you pack those headers with something? Mine are wayyy too loud.

12. b-bob

b-bob

Took the coupe out for breakfast last Saturday.
    Would have taken it for green beer, St Patty's day,this afternoon but it's back up on jack stands to adjust the shifter and re-do fender welting.

13. Lucky you! I have mine inna million pieces yet!

14. 87* here in Kingman. Should have mine on the road in about 60 days or less.

15. OoltewahSpeedShop

OoltewahSpeedShop

Thanks. Mine have 4" Schoenfeld dirt track style mufflers in the collectors, it's still WAY loud. Probly wouldn't be to bad with a stock engine, but the Nailhead is far from stock.

You can see where the coating changes colors.

Attached Files:

16. Got mine out last night for a couple cruise ins. Hasn't been out since November. Took the long way home and had a great time. I even got to drive my off topic classic truck to hot rod lunch. Pretty good day now that I think about it!

17. wkends

wkends
    from Kentucky

Yep, I had the coupe out yesterday, it was sunny and 70. Today we got 2" of snow and in the low 30's........ Come on springtime!

18. Took the F-100 to work on Wednesday, brought the Bird to work on Friday...was a bit chilly at 5 a.m. but the afternoon was perfect, and a great opportunity to check on the Cadillac at the paint shop!

19. Frozen Chosen

Frozen Chosen

Wow! That's great! It was 11 below zero this morning here! It will be at least another month before we get out:( I hope to have my 37 out and running by June so I've been out in the garage putting the floor back in it. Got a long way to go though............

20. Shaun1162

Shaun1162

Great lookin rod you got! Makes me jealous (of your car and the weather)!

Wouldn't know it here... 30 something dgrees, and over a foot of snow coming tomorrow night!

21. Had the '40 out yesterday:)....Thanks for the pic, Willie.

Attached Files:

22. PKap

PKap
    from Alberta

Don't know why I live here sometimes.... I took this pic 5 min ago ImageUploadedByTJJ1363553475.626464.jpg

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

23. Well,it is pretty,but I like green better. HRP

24. MERCURYGUY

MERCURYGUY

After seeing Frozen Chosen I will stop complaining. it is 37 here but at least it is sunny. I was almost going to take my sedan Delivery out but the wind is a bitch. It had better get nicer soon as early inspection is only t3-4 weeks away

25. those are the best ride

26. BLUDICE

BLUDICE

Had mine out yesterday - 40 degrees - no heater, but who needs one right?

27. Deuces

Deuces

Can't wait to put the top down on my Ford and just cruise......
    Too freakin' cold out...
    Might have to wait a month before it warms up a bit around here...:(

28. 48FordFanatic

48FordFanatic
    from Maine

Had my car out this morning. Ran it up I-state to August and back. It was great ....but cold enough that I could see my breath ...in the car.

29. .......You folks are some brave souls.

30. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

Can't wait for the day that I can take those pictures of my car outside not sitting in the driveway.. Looking great, buddy.