Register now to get rid of these ads!

LMC kind of pi$$e@ me off this week...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Buzznut, Feb 28, 2013.

1. Buzznut....wasn't there a nice/good Chevy truck guy out of Sacramento?

Not sure if they are still around - made a visit a time or two when I was out there....

2. Buzznut

Buzznut

Yes, Jim's Chevrolet is in Sacramento just off Sunrise Avenue. I've run into issues with them more often than not. They either don't have the part and need to order it themselves or they do have it and it's 20% to 40% more expensive. I'll pay a few bucks more to walk out the door with it...like paying $100 for something right then and there I can buy for $80 online. I figure I save shipping and I have it in my hands...and I can inspect it before I purchase it. However, I won't pay $120 for the same $80 online item. Jim and his employees are always nice and helpful, but their inventory is lacking and they really don't display all that much in their storefront. I support them whenever I can, and with the quality of some of the crap parts I've gotten from LMC in the recent past I may start simply biting the bullet and ordering from Jim's more often.

The reason I ordered the hinge pocket from them is that I've heard there is only one manufacturer for that part...everyone is selling the same item.

3. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

I have ordered a few parts from LMC and do not remember a email telling me the parts have been shipped,just remember Rome was not built in one day and there has to be something else you can work on until the parts arrive.

4. brokenspoke

brokenspoke

This is a pretty useless thread

5. .........For real.

6. 1959apache

1959apache

yet you feel the need to post on it....

7. VoodooTwin

VoodooTwin
    from Noo Yawk

If I need something quickly, I call. No interwebz thing. Phone call and speak with a human to verify the details. Remember that phone thing? It still works!

8. The same company group owns(ed) Victoria British. I bought a new gas tank for an MGB after talking to them on the phone and getting reassured that it was an exact duplicate of the original equipment item. When it arrived it didn't have the baffles like my original and the filler neck didn't line up with the opening in the trunk floor. That was the last time I dealt with the LMC group.

9. 33 Fordor

33 Fordor
    from Missouri

Yep, this snow shit sucks! This was taken 3 days ago......

Attached Files:

10. Don Lyon

Don Lyon

If you needed it yesterday you should have ordered it earlier..

11. Stevie Nash

Stevie Nash

I always think of Newman on Seinfeld when I start thinking of expectations of the USPS. You're lucky you got them to show up two days if it snowed that much.

As Newman would say "It rained today. I don't go to work on days that it rains".

12. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

Speaking of the USPS it took them over month to get a ebay purchase to me,it must have been a Newman somewhere in the chain causing the delay.

13. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

the post office is full of "newmans"

14. derbydad276

derbydad276

lucky for me these guys are a mile and a half from my house
    and they are way friendlier than LMC
    http://www.npdlink.com/

15. fsae0607

fsae0607

16. x2! Hahaha!:D