Register now to get rid of these ads!

in the works 29 roadster big scale model

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by themodelking, Feb 24, 2013.

1. themodelking

themodelking

need input i have a 29 grill in scale for this build or should i use a 32 grill
    keep in mind this is the last 29 body i will ever find they no longer make em [​IMG]

2. themodelking

themodelking

3. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Since you're using a '32 frame, I guess I'd be more likely to suggest that you use the '32 grill. I'm sure it's been done, but I don't think I've often seen a '29 grill used with a '32 frame. Still, why not? But...just as with a real car...since the top of the '32 grill is higher than the top of the '29 cowl when in its original location, it'll have to be trimmed at the bottom and slid down between the frame rails a bit, or sectioned. Each method results in a slightly different look.

That might help you to decide.

Oh...are you gonna use a hood? You might check fitment. That also might make the decision for you.

I hope it comes out real nice, and you share the finished product with us on one of the Sunday model threads.

4. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

And check this out. Very rarely done, but I love the look.

[​IMG]

5. black 62

black 62
    from arkansas

freaky kool---

6. themodelking

themodelking

here is the dash [​IMG]

7. farmboyhotrodder

farmboyhotrodder
    from PA

I'm building a '29 A-V8 in 1/25 scale-- on Deuce rails and using a Deuce shell/grille, flathead engine, etc. Of course I'm following true to the type of hot rod roadsters that were running the dry lakes in the late '40's. You can use what you want, it's your model. Build it your way. Nice job, by the way. I have both 1/8th scale '32 five window and three window resin coupe bodies that I hope to build one day.

8. i've always liked this `29 on deuce rails with a `29 grille shell

[​IMG]

9. themodelking

themodelking

rolling frame all done [​IMG]

10. themodelking

themodelking

[​IMG]

this things like building a real one

11. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

What an icon. I had the pleasure of seeing it in person once. 30 years ago I built a frame for a buddy to copy this car with the 29 chrome grille. AFAIK it is still not completed:eek: