Register now to get rid of these ads!

any H.A.M.B.er in the Phoenix area a plumber?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by need louvers ?, Feb 23, 2013.

1. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Hey gang, I hate to use this board for this, but I'm kinda at the end of my rope. I am having some plumbing issues in my joint, and normally I handle them myself, but I'm stumped! Can any body out there in Phoenix land help me out? Give me a yell at 602 881 0175.

Thanks, Chip

2. Uh oh bump! I got a fan for the shit to hit, that's about as useful as I am.:D

3. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

4. 59 brook

59 brook

hi im a master plumber here in fla maybe i can help

5. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Thanks for the call 59 brook! I much appreciate you taking the time out of your day to help.

6. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Nobody? Come on gang, I just ran a 60' tape snake fron the toilet out the roof top vent... I'm runnin' out of talent wayyyyyyyyyyy quickly!

7. DD COOPMAN

DD COOPMAN

Turds don't usually clog-up in the roof vent. Run that tape or auger toward the "DOWN" direction. May have to pull the toilet (not all that bad) for good access to the clogged sewer pipe. Good luck! DD

8. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

That's the problem! Nobody more than me was shocked about the roof vent deal! If this whole thing wasn't wildly off topic I'd post the picture I snapped to cement my stupidity! And that was from under the toilet... Nope, looks like it's time to call in someone with a clue!

9. Fuel to burn

Fuel to burn

It looks like you are clear from the toilet to the vent stack. When the snake hit the vent stack it must have taken a wrong turn and went up. Just take the snake up on the roof and run it down the vent, it should go straight down and find the clog.

Hope that helps. I know, free advice is worth what you paid for it.
    (sorry I don't know any PHX plumbers)

10. So the clog isn't in the toilet trap, got any other signs like sewage backing up into a bath tub or coming out the main vent? Got sewers or a septic system... so many questions...

I would be tempted to tackle it at the clean-out that exits the house. There should be a cap plug just above the trap.

Bob

11. 59 brook

59 brook

try twisting the snake in a counter clockwise direction and you may not come up the roof vent

12. boooooob

boooooob

So is this just a stool that will not flush or are you having bigger problems, do you have a basement, have used a big shop vac before in basement floor drains to suck or blow, can be messy, but effective:eek:

boooooob

13. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Naw, that puppy is plugged and just letting a tiny bit of water past. I've got the whole front bathroom shut off at this point and figured I could access it all if I pulled the toilet. This is the problem, it's a hundred year old Craftsman bungalow, and out here we don't do basements. I don't have cleanouts in all the common coded placements that you see these days, and when I run my "tape" style snake in the toilet flange, all it wants to do is go up the vent. I just placed a call to the local Roto Rooter franchise and hopefully tomorrow my dreams will come true! We'll see... I just thought if someone here was a plumber I would have much rather helped feed a H.A.M.B.ers family and car addiction than a complete stranger's.

At this point my silly O/T thread is veering dangerously off course and getting more into the plumbing journal, so I'm hoping tomorrow goes well. Thank you so very much again 59 brook for your call this morning!

14. I'm not a professional plumber, but have virtually any plumbing job imagineable over the years. I don't think I've run into what you describe, I'd have to be there to see it.

You'll be okay with Roto Rooter, they know their shit... and after tomorrow, they'll know yours.

Bob