Register now to get rid of these ads!

Tudor sedan Tops

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by PeteMattersen, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Let's see your model a tudor sedan tops. I want to see how you trimmed it out, hide em' vs. wire on welt, Welt tips and ends,or mouldings. I also want to see different materials that have been used. Not a fan of the stock material. Just trolling for ideas/insight. thanks in advance

2. fiftyv8

fiftyv8
    from CO & WA

I got 2 to show;

First is on a body had built but not used yet and it has ribbed roof panel of some SUV/Blazer dont remember right now.

Second is a flat sheet from an early Ford Station wagon.

It sure helps strengthen up the whole body and pretty well guarantees no leaks or re-roof jobs later.

Attached Files:

3. Son's "A" Tudor

Attached Files:

4. 343w

343w

Going with stock set-up on my deuce..traditional wind noise...

5. scrap metal 48

scrap metal 48

I would like to do to my own current sedan project like I did to my old coupe but the press-pleat material is not wide enough to run lengthwise like this.. I may just run it crosswise or I've been looking at some cool awning canvas material that might work.. Post some pics of whatever you decide....

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 16, 2013
  6. LSR 2909

LSR 2909
    from Colorado

Not a very good picture, but, I used to work at a sign shop, used a printed vinyl banner with hidem on the sides and powder coated aluminum front and back.

Attached Files:

7. A Rodder

A Rodder

I like this thread. Should be lots of good ideas coming.

8. Bcometfx

Bcometfx
    from NC Indiana

Subscribed! I'm looking for ideas too. Been think about awning canvas and attaching it like the factory.

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

9. box50

box50

I wonder if you could just fab a piece metal like 22 gauge,or hell I don't. I don't know if I want to go back with factory top or not. I saw a thread somewhere a guy took a piece of 22 gauge and made a top for a chevy truck like a 49 or 50 model truck,not saying that I could but someone could.

10. thanks guys, Not looking for steel roof suggestions. Fully aware of how to do that, I'm looking for more cloth style tops.

11. Fenders

Fenders

Wind noise and ballooning tops at speed.

12. Tin Can

Tin Can

I'll take it to the top for ya man