Register now to get rid of these ads!

1950 Chevy quarter window quandry

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by thetwistedpiston, Feb 3, 2013.

1. thetwistedpiston

thetwistedpiston

I have a 1950 Chevy Styleline Deluxe that has (had) the sliding quarter windows. I would like to change to the fixed windows. I have glass that came from a car with fixed windows and would like to know if all I have to do is buy the rubber for the fixed windows or is this swap even possible.

If push comes to shove I'm sure I can fab up some sort of mount and make it work. I was hoping for an easy swap.

...any insight would be appreciated.

»Keith

2. dorf

dorf
    from ohio

is it the cpe in your avitar, if it is my olds is a cpe with fixed quarter glass and all it has is the rubber and the garnish molding holds it in . should be the same window .

3. thetwistedpiston

thetwistedpiston

Yes, same as in the avatar. I was looking at Chevy of the 40's and they show a couple different fixed window rubber, I'll have to take a look and see if I can figure out what the difference is. Perhaps the size of the glass. Thanks for the reply, I guess I can order the rubber and see how it goes.

4. 1953girlracer

1953girlracer
    from Redlands

Any good glass guy will have the rubber moulding for you to buy

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

5. GREASER815

GREASER815

Got any more pictures of that rig? I like it!

6. Not sure if will help you are not. The tri 5 Chevy utility sedans that had the fixed 1/4 glass just had a couple of clips that were held with a screw. Then the garnish molding held the glass.

7. thetwistedpiston

thetwistedpiston

Thanks I"ll look into that.