Register now to get rid of these ads!

How many members are "Car Less?"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Trichop, Jan 30, 2013.

1. el Scotto

el Scotto
    from Tracy, CA

x3 :D

2. Stroker McGurk

Stroker McGurk
    from Canada

I am 60 now...have always had a HAMB friendly car since 1977....Muscles cars before that

3. Truckedup

Truckedup

This is my wife scrapping crud off a few years ago. She drives a 51 Willys truck.She cleans up quite nicley,thank you.You need to hang around hillbilly ladies,not them prissy ladies with long nails. :D

[​IMG]

4. Rattle Trap

Rattle Trap

Im down to my OT daily driver truck. Wife has been out of work for a few years now and we had to sell our bar after the economy took a dump a few years ago. Sold my harley to pay bills. And my house burned down too. Oh well the kids are doing well and Im working so a HAMB friendly ride will have to wait a little while. I do look everyday though. Im looking for another 57 Pick up or maybe a model A.

5. Well.........

Being that I'm in NY and it gets crappy this time of year, everything (good) I own is covered up in the garage.

Soooo I guess you could say that the 145,000 mile, 52.6 mpg Prius I'm driving puts me in the "Car Less" catagory. :D

6. The37Kid

The37Kid

You don't HAVE to HAVE a car to enjoy the hobby or help others. Don't feel bad if you are "Car Less" at the moment. Bob

7. Harms Way

Harms Way

Well,... although not "car-less" I have only one HAMB Friendly and one muscle car running at the moment (neither of which is in these pics),... And another HAMB friendly and another Muscle car dangerously close to being on the road,... I love working on them. and I have a pile to work on.:eek:

This is the storage barn just last week....... Yes,... I know,.... I have a major problem.... And this my friends, ain't all of them.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Oh yeah,.... when I assume room temperature,.... Your all invited to my auction !......:D

8. aojo

aojo

Just sold a 30 Chevy coupe as it was too much of a project for me. Looking for another project to drag home.

9. TANNERGANG

TANNERGANG
    BANNED
    from alabama

You could probably watch the replies and post people put on here ....then count the ones that gripe, complain and always have something negative to say...that would be the ones without cars............I don't know if you could atribute it to the lack of having a ride or that they are just plain Grouches............I was at a show onetime and saw a guy walking around with a 58-62 Vette steering wheel...I asked him when he had goten him a Vette....his reply was..."First piece...you gotta have a Dream and a starting point"............Now thats a guy with a Positive attitude.

10. TANNERGANG

TANNERGANG
    BANNED
    from alabama

Harms Way........your one Blessed Man.........want to adopt a 60 year old son?

11. Harms Way

Harms Way

Only if you want a dad that is one year older than you...... :cool:

12. Great topic, wow, thanks. I have at least one too many

13. Offset

Offset
    from Canada

I confess that I do not own a HAMB friendly vehicle. I have an off topic car that I love but my health just does not allow me to get out in the garage to work on, well, anything.

It is tough to feel useless at times but that is what it is.

14. Your friend has problems,,I can see several,,I'll gladly make a little more space in his barn where he can get a few more in.:D HRP

15. Carless Anonymous?.

16. TANNERGANG

TANNERGANG
    BANNED
    from alabama

I'm yours..........Pop or would you rather it be Dad?

17. My name is Ted and i'm addicted

but only have a couple

18. Do I smell a new social group forming? HRP

Hot Rod Less

19. Harms Way

Harms Way

In reality guys,.... being 100% honest with you, The most fun I ever had was when I had one finished car, and one project car I would be working on in the garage. And when the project was done, selling one car or the other and starting on a new project.

20. Me.
    Some time ago, I took stock of my situation and realized that I had too much stuff, so I had a big sale. Sold my 40 COE, 50 Stude P/U, 60 Healey 3000, 2 Cushman scooters, a Whizzer and my Mustang bike. Paid a few bills, bought some tools and stuff and my Boss Hoss bike. I need to get an old car to fool with

21. I'm between projects too. After selling off the stock car, OT Mustang and '65 Belair... but I'm looking. Have motors, transmissions and other parts stashed away. Dealing with a back injury from a car accident as well... looks like no car for 2013.

Bob

22. KevinR

KevinR
    from IN

Guilty... Living through you guys until I graduate and get a garage. Then it's project time!

23. as long as it isn't Daddy. :D

But she gave you your testicles back, right? If not I have a spare. I won't be able to work for the pawnshop anymore but I didn't like just hangin' around down there anyway. ;)

24. oakhill

oakhill

A friend of mine and I are kind of in this "hot rod thing" together. We have a couple of projects going but it seems as soon as we get something running or even before it's running someone wants to buy it. For us,the fun is in the build, finding parts at the swap meets, and making what you can't find.

25. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

After driving my 27 for years I pulled it apart for some freshening up and never got back to it for about 11 years. Life got in the way and I had sort of got interested in other things (new GF, etc). But I did build my 23 at the end of that period and then finally put the 27 back on the road.

Now I keep the 27 running so I have something to drive while I try to get the energy up to finish my rpu.

Don

26. Ester Eddie

Ester Eddie
    from Alaska

My Cadillac is parked until spring and I have a few projects to work on this summer .So I'm kinda "car less" .They are covered in a few feet of snow .Out of sight but not out of mind.:eek:

27. Dave Rondou

Dave Rondou

Retired, and trying to hold on to what i got!

28. Overtime

Overtime

I've NEVER had a hamb friendly ride. I've Had plenty of pre-'70 stuff though. Finally built a home shop, and I'm currently on the hunt for a project...the older the better!

29. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

My name is czuch andI have too many cars.
    There are alot of parts stored for them and I hope '13 is the year of the Galaxie.
    I traded a '63 401 nailhead for a nice ford 292 builder so the 57 Country Sedan has a fighting chance too.
    Eddie, mine were covered in a nice layer of frost this morning.Zat count?

30. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The rod is disassembled, incomplete, and packed in storage. The mag failed on the bike and is waiting on parts. The OT/DD is broken beyond repair. I am typing this on a city bus, on the way to the commuter train.