Register now to get rid of these ads!

2013 Grand National Roadster Show ~ "Woodies,Wagons, & Spirit of Aloha"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by axle, Nov 6, 2012.

1. BlacktopScraper

BlacktopScraper

Hey Axle,

I'm a member of the Malibu Surfing Association (est. 1961). Maybe we can help with some old surf footage, memorabilia,etc. Let me know if I can help you out. Hope to get my Ford Ranchwagon out there too.

J.D.

2. axle

axle
    from Drag City

Howdy J.D. ,

Received your PM as well as this post and , yes, we're excited . Lets shoot the breeze very soon . Thanks, Axle

3. BlacktopScraper

BlacktopScraper

Hey Axle,

Here's a couple older pics (July 2012) of my '55 Ford Ranchwagon I'd like to display in the Woodies, Surfwagons and Aloha section. Keep in mind it now runs mildly lowered with WWW Firestones, stock black wheels and stainless trim. My vintage Aloha Surf Racks may be added too. Hope this meets your criteria.

Thanks,

J.D.
    Malibu Surfing Association

Attached Files:

4. Special Ed

Special Ed

Hey Axle, can you please do us all a favor and when you set up that building, instruct the kooks with their surfboards on their roofs to display them correctly? Fin first. For some of us, it's a big deal. It is a way too common mistake made by the well intentioned, but mis-informed. It would be GREATLY appreciated by those of us who actually surf. :cool: Oh yeah, please NO short boards, or kook straps either, okay?

Here's an example on how to rack 'em correctly (there is a reason, you know...) :)

[​IMG]

5. axle

axle
    from Drag City

Duly noted. Thanks very much

6. axle

axle
    from Drag City

Great talking to you the other night. You're a wealth of information . Lets get that cool wagon in the show !

7. Gonna get Dale Velzy's old car, Alex? That would be cool, huh?

8. Jay71

Jay71

Very funny Special Ed! I always get a good laugh when I see boards on the racks with the wax side up. A sure sign of an FNG. Sure would be cool to get my wagon in at this show.

9. [​IMG]

Hey Alex.......look what I just finished for the Suede Palace.

10. axle

axle
    from Drag City

Chris, You & that award are top notch!

11. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

12. Mr.Musico

Mr.Musico
    from SoCal

Emperors always whip up great trophys...nice!

13. Thanks Alex and Mr Musico! I enjoy knowing someone will have this in thier home soon. See you guys next month!

14. lomonte

lomonte
    from Indep., MO

Name escapes me, but the long time firefighter guy that works at Brizio's has a Bitchin' one! Cool cat, too. Is he on here?

15. exterminator

exterminator

Love this years theme.Wouldn't miss it.(of course i never miss this show anyway). Exterminator

16. BURB LADDER FEET rtGRT.jpg

BURB DRIVER REAR3:4 GATE DOWN rt GRT.jpg

user16522_pic43828_1232935899.jpg

BURB BAMB HEADLINER GREAT.jpg

BURB REAR BENCH MURAL.jpg

BURB CU BAMBOOTRIM.jpg

What do you get when you combine a 56 nomad paint scheme, a pile of bamboo, the artisrty of "CRASH" and a penchant for tiki kitsch?

17. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

Hey Alex, if you need some more woodies , let me know, My friend Nick Alexander had the best and largest collection of woodies in the country, though he sold most of them, he still has some original paint, upholstery and varnish woodies, these car are untouched and in perfect condition.

18. lomonte

lomonte
    from Indep., MO

That Sub is Bitchin'! Tiki madness!

19. BlacktopScraper

BlacktopScraper

Santa Claus asked if he could borrow my wagon for tonight. I said " Okay but be careful, it now sits a little closer to the SNOW"...
    Merry Christmas Y'all !!!

[​IMG]

20. 64crump

64crump
    from Alta Loma

Here is a link to some photos I took of his collection just before he auctioned it off. This was a real treat to be invited to see this great collection.

http://s585.beta.photobucket.com/user/64crump/library/NickAlexanderCollection

64Crump

21. axle

axle
    from Drag City

Thank you Miguel, I wasn't aware of any cars that Nick kept. We mapped everything out and the building is now jam packed with Woodies & Wagons.

22. deucetruck

deucetruck
    from Missouri

Don't forget, Richard Graves of Long Beach, did an amazing clone (with the help of Dennis Ricklefs) a couple years ago.

23. Pewsplace

Pewsplace

Now that is one great looking wagon. I love the lowered stance,but he didn't stop at my house for some cookies and a cold onel

24. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

Glad to hear you've got the building full

25. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

SUEDE ALLEY and MEXICAN VILLAGE
    Once again me and the Lifters car club will be helping host the outside car show at the Suede Alley and Mexican Village. Last year there was over 1200 cars that parked outside and in between the buildings. Hopefully we will have great weather again so we are all crossing our fingers.
    For those of you that want to dropp off your cars on thursday, download the regular form and check off the suede alley box, make sure you write suede allley on the outside of the envelope. For those of you who want to participate in the saterday drive in, down load the drive in form and preregister, Last year we had two lanes for the suede alley and mexican village, guys that preregister get in first, so make shure you are in the correct lane. You can also show up saterday and pay then , but your chances of parking in the suede alley and mexican village are slim.
    We wll be having a trophy for best hot rod and custom again.
    Please send in your forms now so the gals have enough time to mail back your paperwork.

26. axle

axle
    from Drag City

Thank you so much Miguel, This couldn't be done without you.

27. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

For those of you dropping off your cars on thursday at the suede alley, you have till this friday to send your paper work in without paying the 50 dlls late fee.
    For those of you preregistering for the saterday drive in, you have till the 14 of january, otherwise you can pay the day of the show at the gate.
    If anybody has questions,please e-mail me at [email protected] or leave me a message at 619 573-2637
    Thanks again Miguel.

28. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

Ever since it's inception, The Suede Palace has been a gathering of the best hot rods and customs from each southern california traditional car club. Each club makes a hand made trophy and hands it out as their club pick, this in turn has motivated all of us to build better cars, and has raised the standards for all of us. Nowdays when you walk threw the Suede Palace, the Suede alley and Mexican Village, for the most part, all the cars are painted and upholstered but still retain the uniqueness and creativity that separtes them from cookie cutter street rods and customs.
    Many thanks to all the clubs that have participated all these years and special thanks to John Buck for giving us the oportunity to be a part of his show and Axel for organizing the Suede Palace.

29. axle

axle
    from Drag City

Thanks Miguel,
    The work you put forth at the Suede Alley aka "Greaser Alley" is amazing and much appreciated.

30. kustom01

kustom01

sounds like it's gonna be an awesome show.. wish i could get some time off from the railroad to drive my wagon out there.. maybe it would make it in...

Attached Files: