Register now to get rid of these ads!

Vintage shots from days gone by!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dog427435, Dec 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

I still have one at the house and when I wash the clothes I still use it when the sun is shining instead of giving my electric supplier more money,most of the time it gets used to hang parts when I paint.

2. T-Head

T-Head
    from Paradise.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

These are only three of many interesting photos along with much interesting information that we have up in a detailed post all about Bohn and Bohnalite in Detroit who made quite a bit of Flathead speed equiptment.

[​IMG]

3. T-Head

T-Head
    from Paradise.

4. The Twilight Zone episode "The Prime Mover" from March 1961 has a couple of guys working in a cafe who suddenly hear the sound of skidding tires. The screen switches to Robert Mitchum's 1957 Ford - the Ford pictured here - crashing and rolling into an electrical power station or transformer, coming to a stop upside down. The two guys run out of the cafe over to the wreck to see if they can help. There is a license plate attached to the grille of the car - plate number 5A3-236 South Carolina. Comparing this to another photo of a movie still shot, it seems to be the same plate.

These two guys are standing next to the car with the plate attached and one of them suddenly demonstrates the ability to cause the car to start moving and right itself onto it's wheels.

I didn't realize that TV series or even other movie producers ever used crash scenes from previously released productions to use in their own way. And, the scene where the two guys are standing next to the car with the correct license plate has me wondering if someone saved the plate and attached it to another car. Surely, that is not the same upside down 57 Ford from the movie that is pictured here.

5. Ester Eddie

Ester Eddie
    from Alaska

6. Jess87

Jess87

7. Jess87

Jess87

8. leon renaud

leon renaud
    from N.E. Ct.

For all you Greenies the "Original Solar Cloths Dryer" in the back of some magazines of the 60s "Solar cloths dryer guaranteed to work 19.95 S&H included to lower 48" What you got was a Hank of cloths line and 2 packs of cloths pins! Roughly 6$ worth of stuff !

9. One of my favorites.:p Some guy recreated it but more blue in color....said it took him something like over 2 years to get the back window correct

10. Ester Eddie

Ester Eddie
    from Alaska

An unlucky 1964 Crown

[​IMG]

11. Ester Eddie

Ester Eddie
    from Alaska

12. Ester Eddie

Ester Eddie
    from Alaska

Prince William Sound, Alaska, earthquake of March 27, 1964.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 31, 2012
  13. Ester Eddie

Ester Eddie
    from Alaska

1962 Ford Seattle

[​IMG]

14. Ester Eddie

Ester Eddie
    from Alaska

15. [​IMG]

This is the old hiway sign on I-40 in eastern Arizona near Sanders. Not sure how old this pic is, guessing 60s, but, not sure. I think the sign was erected in the 1940s or 1950s. It is still there but has been defaced. I am working on getting this old sign restored. If anyone else has pics of this sign, or knows how old it is, please let me know.
    There aren't a lot of old hiway signs like this around anymore, at least, not around here. Am doing what I can to preserve parts of 'old America'.
    thanks,
    Steve email [email protected]

16. Ester Eddie

Ester Eddie
    from Alaska

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. cpdgreg

cpdgreg
    BANNED

Unfortunately, this is a modern photo of the parking lot at the McDonald's Museum on Lee St in DesPlaines, IL.

18. noboD

noboD

Looks like Karen Black, from Easy Rider and Five Easy Pieces.

19. noboD

noboD

20. twin6

twin6
    from Vermont

Wow does this bring back memories! We still have two pieces of gear in our family, that we built back then, shown here.

21. lordairgtar

lordairgtar

I'm pleased when I see the few Milwaukee automobile makers on the thread. Seaman made bodies for Lafayette (Nash), and many other makers including Petrel, another Milwaukee make. They got their start making furniture and phone booths. Interesting history.

22. X2, they are great cars.

23. fbi9c1

fbi9c1

We have established that it is Nancy, Donna, Sue Ane. None of the three look like Karen Black, who was also very attractive :)

24. rbantique

rbantique
    from maine

Green Machine

Attached Files:

25. billsill45

billsill45
    from SoCal

26. bajones238

bajones238
    from SC

Heathkit O-scope from '65 still works.

[​IMG]

27. Bottom of the Salt River Canyon in Arizona.

[​IMG]

The roadway, hwy 60, was carved out and put through in the early to mid 30s. This pic I found at the Gila county museum appears to be from the late 1930s or early 40s.
    We will be exploring the area on Wednesday. There are many car wrecks and old mines and more to see in this area. It is very, very pretty and like a small Grand Canyon that you can drive through.

28. njlou

njlou
    from new jersey

I am still lovin' this thread.
    I noticed 2 things: there sure were a lot of dirty cars, and there were a lot of Cadillacs - even random shots in parking lots had many.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.