Register now to get rid of these ads!

strunk fabrications new shop truck....er nova wagon build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 32coupedeville, Dec 2, 2012.

1. 32coupedeville

32coupedeville
    from cincy

you have to have a cool ride to run to lunch go to swapmeets ,or pick up parts when you build hotrods for a living . i needed something that was cool and functional that had room. i wanted something newer but old enough. i found a sweet deal on a 62 chevy 2 wagon on our local craigs list. i drove this little nova home for a song! now i wanted it to have a hotrod look and it needed to be super low. i did a jim weimer rod garage front bolt in clip but i cant leave anything along. i z'ed the clip 3" to get this nova on the ground . the rockers in the front are now less than 5" to the ground. i have the front mostly done but i am working on the rear end now . i wanted the back to sit low but still be on a rack. if you know anything about these early novas there is not much room for wide wheels. i have cut and widened the rear wheel wells and narrowing up a 9" for it. more pics soon
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Wow! I grew up in the cargo area of one of those. Cool build.

3. supercab78

supercab78

Hey, your not using my 9 inch are you? Just kidding. You can use the wagon behind the nova for chasing parts until the it's done.

4. ...I've heard using S-10 p.u. rears will get room for bigger wheel/tire combo, worth a check.

5. Man, You don't let any grass grow under your feet. Jumping right into the next project already. Good for you.

6. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Cool! Good idea, I just did the same for the same reason. My little Falcon isn't quite as ambitious as your ChevyII, but what a damn cool car for hauling stuff around. Dogs dig them too! I have to second the S-10 rear idea, I just put a tape on one the other day and they check in at about 54" hub to hub. unless your putting out some serious H.P. I can't think that you'll hurt one either.

7. 32coupedeville

32coupedeville
    from cincy

well on the s10 rear idea. i have one sitting under it now but when you want to get ont to sit super low you have to go narrower. as low as i want to go the inner wheel wells get narrower as they go up and i need more room. if i didnt have to have this wagon on the ground the s10 rear is great with 15 x 8.5 rims with 3 3/4 -4 " back space.

8. Drew looks cool roll back up to Detroit some time!!!

9. 32coupedeville

32coupedeville
    from cincy

hopefuly soon!

10. Veach

Veach

Very Sweet Ride

11. Sidewinder777

Sidewinder777
    from Dayton,Nv

love them 60's longroofs:cool:

12. HotRodHighley

HotRodHighley
    from cincy, oh

Drew,
    I told you it was too far gone! I'll be over this weekend to pick it up. I paid Kari for it already!! hehe.. Looking good..

13. 32coupedeville

32coupedeville
    from cincy

just got my tci rear half. now for those of you that think iam just buy cataloge parts and throwing them at this car , it may look that way. i have modified every parts on this car so far. pic soon of modifing the rear tci 4 link to sit 3" lower.

14. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Dude I know where your coming from. Every time I say "Ah, I'll just order it" I know I'm in for as much work as if i just built it myself...

15. Drew...you're a lot more ambitious than me. Looking good. I'll have to stop out some evening and check it out.

[​IMG]

16. 32coupedeville

32coupedeville
    from cincy

man your little deuce lights me up!!!!!

17. 32coupedeville

32coupedeville
    from cincy

here is some of the latest pics. i got the tci rear 4 link in and modified. i narrower a 9" rear end to 51" flang to flang to get the wheels tucked in the wheel wells good. now i have to fill all the holes i made.

18. 32coupedeville

32coupedeville
    from cincy

sorry i am having problems with up loading pics. also i know about a few nova forums but the way i look at it i a hamb hotrod guy with a nova not a a nova guy on a hot rod site.

pics:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. 32coupedeville

32coupedeville
    from cincy

20. slow4dr

slow4dr
    from SoCal

Very nice longroof! What mods did you do to the rear shock crossmember?

21. 32coupedeville

32coupedeville
    from cincy

i didnt even use it. i made my own rear x member. it is now 3 1/4" higher then where a tci rear x mamber would be.

22. 32coupedeville

32coupedeville
    from cincy

new pics of the final ride heidth

Attached Files:

23. 32coupedeville

32coupedeville
    from cincy

24. HotRodHighley

HotRodHighley
    from cincy, oh

Have you figured out how to chop that top yet?? I know you have thought about it.!:D

25. 32coupedeville

32coupedeville
    from cincy

yep. you would think i would have figured out how to chop it a few inches now !!!!

26. slow4dr

slow4dr
    from SoCal

Thanks, the new ride height looks great.

27. basicbob

basicbob

Drew, you let me down!! At least you could have cut the roof off the wagon, installed a Nova convert top & make the rear of the wagon the shop truck bed. You might as well piss off the Nova guys like you did the 32 guys with your ex 4 dr turned coupe.

Here is a black wagon from Columbus Ohio.

Great shop truck project, Bob

Attached Files:

28. 32coupedeville

32coupedeville
    from cincy

basicbob that wagon look sweet. i was looking for a way to make this nova stand out from the crowd of novas. still got work to do.

29. I didn't see the black wagon at Columbus. That is bad! Drew...don't worry about it. Yours will see a lot more road miles than that black one and you'll have more fun too.

30. Flipper

Flipper
    from Kentucky

That car sits pretty nice. What are the tire sizes?

the front looks pretty small. Is that a 145/65/15?

[​IMG]