Register now to get rid of these ads!

The car that got me into hot rods.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by thedreamer, Dec 8, 2012.

1. thedreamer

thedreamer

This is the only picture I have and it is from 1972 but it is of my great uncle's 1931 Chevy 5 window coupe. He built the car in the mid 60's and he still owns it today but it hasn't been out of the garage for over 30 years as my aunt says. I last saw it about 8 years ago and have been trying to buy for some time. It is like a time capsule of what was being done back then. I know it is chopped and I believe channeled. It has a 64 Impala 283 with a 2X4 tunnel ram. It also has that Impalas 4 speed and a late 50's Chevy or Pontiac rear. It is dark metallic green with lighter green scales down the trunk lid. I have tried to get him to at least let me get it running but he has no intrest. I'm afraid one day it will go away without me knowing. I would like to preserve the car as is and enjoy it. I will try to get over to his house and talk him into opening the garage so I can get some updated pics for everyone to enjoy.

Attached Files:

2. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

3. slammed

slammed

Do it, man!

4. Just dont piss him off or ill bet it will go away with out you knowing

5. thedreamer

thedreamer

He knows I'm in love with it. I only bring it up every couple of years or so.

6. Nitro Breath

Nitro Breath
    BANNED
    from Eugene, OR

I like it!

Interesting that it has a tunnel ram. Any idea what year that was installed? Many HAMBers contend that tunnel rams aren't traditional. That car looks pretty traditional to me.

7. fnla39

fnla39

Don't let it go too long or he might think you've lost interest and sell it before you know it.
    Mine was a purple coupe that I could see from the Interstate in Barboursville, WV. I would go with my dad to the truck stop there and wouldn't take my eyes off of it when it came into view. Sat there for years and when I got into high school I figured I would go ask about it. By the time I got around to it it was gone. Never knew what kind of car it was, looked like a Willys, but who knows I still regret not going out of my way to check on it.

8. That's cool!;) maybe show him the HAMB, so he realizes what these cars mean to us "History Enthusiasts"?