Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anyone know of JERAULDS' speed equipment back in the day?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tony Travers, Nov 29, 2012.

1. Tony Travers

Tony Travers

Howdy
    Does anybody know of JERAULDS' speed equipment from back in the day?

[​IMG]

Cheers
    Tony

2. Tony Travers

Tony Travers

Well I put this up a couple of hours ago - man the HAMB moves fast!
    Cheers
    Tony

3. uneasyrider

uneasyrider

Attached Files:

4. Normbc9

Normbc9

I do know them and they were some really talented Hot Rod and Drag Racing folks plus they would team up with another shop from 41st and Market in San Diego named Culbert's Automotive and go to the Dry Lakes. That was when Edwards AFB runways were called Muroc Dry Lakes. And then there was El Mirage and on occasion another up in the Saline Valley east of Hwy 395 on a back road into Death Valley. The work I saw of their was always first rate. I lived in Spring Valley at that time which is just a few miles east of their shop.
    Normbc9

5. junk yard kid

junk yard kid

I think they were mentioned here on the hamb before on a san diego speed shops thread. Or maybe it was a bean bandits thread.

6. Go to the Garage Journal and in the Garage Gallery section there is a thread called Restored 1930's Auto Shop. You will find a bunch of Jeraulds info in that thread, it might take some searching.

7. Normbc9

Normbc9

Arnett and his crew did have a close relationship with that shop. I do remember when they had a Ford Flat Head with a 180 degree crank in it in 1957 at Paradise Mesa east of National City. I think they got the idea from one of the Jerauld's.
    Normbc9

8. BIGDADDYUSMC

BIGDADDYUSMC

If ANYONE what to know about Jerauld's Speed Equipment / Jerauld's Mufflers please feel free to contact me at [email protected]

OR if you have information ,photos or anything on Jeraulds , please contact me , Most of the stuff on the internet on Jerauld's was posted by me , I'm mostly looking for stuff that has not been posted on the internet...

The shop was run by Al Jerauld & George Barber , They were located at 2020 National Ave in National City California. I'm close friends with Al's son Joel & George's some George Jr.... I know manyof the guys that worked in Jerauld's in the 1950's ,,, I have done a lot of research on JERAULD'S... I recently produced a short video of the BABY BOMB belly tank Al & George ran at the salt flats ,here is a link to the video on youtube.. http://youtu.be/tC_aoOxwVNE

Beside hot rods , drag cars & land speed cars ,A lot of COOL motorcycles came out of Jeraulds