Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects [PROJECT] Laidout53 Part II

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HarborKustomSpeedShop, Oct 11, 2010.

1. chaddilac

chaddilac

Tons of great work!! I enjoy seeing the progress!!!

2. Hemiken

Hemiken
    from Australia

I love what your doing and that is exactly the kind of thing i do and think about when i build also, i love standing near by and hearing people say, " :eek: i am not sure what he has done because it looks like it is original but original ones never sit that low " (scratching there heads) :D
    Lovin it buddy. It is giving me inspiration to get my Panel here sooner so i can get stuck in to it, thanks again for sharing.

3. curly 54

curly 54
    from Australia

cool truck mate, hope truck looks that good

4. IvarP

IvarP

Really really really nice project! keep up the good work!!!!

5. Thanks guys! I'll update this in a few...

6. Gremlinguy

Gremlinguy

Lookin real good!

7. Well yesterday i started making the new floor on the drivers side and got it finished today, except for the rust in the corner like on the other side. Next up will be the transmission hump. Need to get some sheet metal this week so i can start on it.

Heres the pictures, I wont bore you guys with during constuction pictures( mostly cus i didnt take any:D). Just flip the patterns and trace, then cross your fingers that it looks the same...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

View from the other side

[​IMG]

Justin

8. Thanks man!

9. oldman2

oldman2

Looking super, nice work...Jim

10. fitzee

fitzee

great work can you share and maybe show us how you made your beads.. I have a idea but like to see the tools you used as well as any forms you make.. Im looking for ideas on my floors. this post is a great one to get some ideas from..

11. chaddilac

chaddilac

Looks stock to me!!! Nice job!

What pedals are you running?

12. It's going... real slow that is. The steering is finally coming together after a year. I'm also trying to do some sheet metal mods, needless to say they aren't coming out as purty as yours!! :D I'm debating on updating my thread or starting a new one that's a little more tech oriented, a few guys have been asking me for updates.

13. Thanks Fitzee, For the beads and the stepped area's im using a modified harbor freight bead roller( picture below) as for any tools I used a hammer and dolly, a home made T dolly, and a vice. Well and a 3lb hammer for the stubburn items. No forms were made, just poster board templates. can get some pictures of my tools if ya need me too also If ya got anymore question ask away!

Heres my bead roller

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Justin

14. Thanks Chaddilac!, For the throttle im going to use the chrome speed holed spoon pedal by lokar, and the clutch and brake combo Im looking at the Kugel under the dash (or similiar ones) with remote mount resivours. Then I'll speed hole the clutch/brake arms and chrome them to match.

15. Thanks, ya man update it for sure...

16. Kool project, I like the way you lay'ed out your frame.

17. fitzee

fitzee

thanks.I love the step die. have a few ideas.I dont have that die so will have to make that first.. the beads in the floor.. that look to be 3/4 inch. you have a die for them or they hammer formed??

18. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

do you have any pictures of how the front cab mounts to the frame is there one on each side or two mounting locations per front I have some rust in mine (only have of the attachment remains) but since mine is a cowl only and does not have have a metal floor (It is wood) or rockets yours could be completely different.

19. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:eek:Hi laidout.Looking good.Superb fab skills.Neat but not gaudy.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

20. Apittslife

Apittslife

Hi Boones,
    If you go back to page 19, you can see how the Cowl section is mounted.
    There is only one mount per side, & they are located to the inside of the A-Pillar, the hole he uses to support the A-Pillar while he does his repair is the mounting point for the Lower section of the front fender.
    I am going to assume that the woody has a metal 2 piece toe board with the lower having a lip for the wood floor to attach to? The toe board is attached to the firewall & then the lower cowl in front of the A-Pillar.

21. Apittslife

Apittslife

Double post for some reason?

22. Thanks DBruce

There 1/2" and were done on the roller, It came with i believe 8 dies...

23. Apittslife is correct, there is only one per side.

Thanks man!

24. Hemiken

Hemiken
    from Australia

Great progress Justin ;)
    What do you have in mind next buddy :confused: Keep it going mate :cool:

25. Thanks, next is the transmission hump. hopefully it will flow with the floor and not stand out. Ive got an idea and im going to run with it, we'll see....

26. Hemiken

Hemiken
    from Australia

Hi Justin, :D
    Sounds exciting mate, you have me sitting on the edge of my seat, i am thinking it will look pretty cool. ;)

27. Started on the transmission hump of the floor today, heres a little teaser of it.....

[​IMG]

More tomorrow....

Justin

28. sierra rod shop

sierra rod shop

29. Hemiken

Hemiken
    from Australia

Well done Eric,

I was expecting recess panels like the kick panels, but i love how you have lined up the swagged lines of the corresponding floors, very trick. This would have given that tunnel so much strength through the tunnels spine now it would be insane. LOVE'IN IT BUDDY. :D

30. BRENT

BRENT

Nice job! I was wondering how you cut the circular cut-outs on your frame for clearance of your tierods. are you using a plasma or holesaw? It circular shape really looks clean.

Brent