Register now to get rid of these ads!

Any HAMBr's own a Millermattic 211?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tugmaster, Nov 25, 2012.

1. I am in the market for a new welder and I finally have the money to get something really decent. I currently have a beat up old Lincoln Weldpak 110 machine which is set up for mig. While it has served me well over the past 6 or so years I know I can do better. I have done a TON of research on other welding sites and searched prices high and low. I have pretty much come to the conclusion that the Millermatic 211 Autoset is the machine for me. Here is my reasoning:

1. Miller has a stellar reputation for quality.

2. Although 90% of the welding I do would be satisfied by a 110 machine
    I got the extra amperage if I need it.

3. Dual voltaqge feature. My garage is setup for 220 but you can run this
    on either 110 or 220.

4. I can finally afford it!!!!

I know thier are a ton of guys on here that weld at far better level than I ever will. I was just wondering if anyone has one of these and what do you think of it.

Thanks,
    Todd

Last edited: Nov 25, 2012
  2. I have the Millermatic 211. Haven't started doing any sheet metal with it yet, but it is an easy welder to use. It is my first welder. So far I have done some heavier stuff with it and some things where weld appearance doesn't matter. Fence/Gate repair, 4x4 rear bumper build, and some other random items. FWIW I'll recommend it being a hobby/garage/backyard guy.

3. Hellbentrodder

Hellbentrodder
    from Cotati

I don't personally have one but from what I have heard people really like them. I have a miller 251 at home and have used Miller equipment at work everyday for the last 17 years. You can't go wrong with Miller!

4. enfieldjoe

enfieldjoe
    from Eustis, FL

I have a Miller 211. Been welding lots of 18ga sheet metal on my Merc projects. It works well for me.

5. lil_screamer29

lil_screamer29

211 is a great welder , love mine

6. AntiBling

AntiBling

Go for it, you won't be disappointed.

7. It's a great welder,,you won't regret it! HRP

8. VoodooTwin

VoodooTwin
    from Noo Yawk

I have one. It's a fantastic welder. I've had it since it came out, never had a problem at all with it. It's easy to use, and the dual voltage design makes it extremely versatile/portable.

9. gsport

gsport

as everyone else said.. it's a great welder. i've had mine for over 2 years.. it will definately make you look better than you are.. lol
    so easy even a 5th grader can do it.. here's my grandson, first time [​IMG]welding

10. gc427

gc427
    from SoCal

As stated above very good and versatile machines.

You will not be disappointed

11. Fat47

Fat47
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Like you I had a small Lincoln for 15 years and moved up to the 211 a couple of months ago. It has made me a much better welder. It is really easy to use and gives you much more versitily. In addition to the welder spring for a really good helmut. It also makes a great difference.

12. I've had one for about two years and I love it! I haven't run into anything I can't do with it. Mind you I'm not running a shop, but I have put in a mustang II front end with it and have done allot of sheetmetal repair with it. You won't regret your purchase.

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

13. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I've got it's smaller brother, the 180 with autoset, and it's a hell of a welder. I'd buy again, no regrets.

14. I looked at the 180 also. What sold me on the 211 was the dual voltage feature. I have 220 in the garage but if I find myself in a situation where I only have 110 I'll still be good. Todd

15. shawnspeed

shawnspeed
    from Attica Mi

I've had one 2 years..great welder...I have noticed it is a little "hot" on thinner gauge settings when on 220....and I like my machine a little on the hot side:D...For a home /light industrial unit you can't go wrong ....especially since you can get a spool gun for it for under 200 bucks , so that & a tank of argon & you are set for aluminum:cool:...should fill 99% of anybodys needs ...Shawn