Register now to get rid of these ads!

East coasters + Sandy

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by LOPESphotographics, Oct 29, 2012.

1. alaskaal

alaskaal
    from Delaware

Have a huge tree in the back yard thats cracked at the base. Just glad its not leaning toward either the house or the garage! Keeps blowing like this and I'll be up early with the chainsaw!!!

2. F&J

F&J

Winds are dropping off a little, here in eastern CT. I hope it's done, as my son and I have been working on fixing a 11 HP generator all afternoon...and we got it going, but it revs too high. Gave up for tonight. Power still on.

Local person a couple of miles away, killed by a tree.

3. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Freaking awesome!

4. chris' 38

chris' 38

Tenants just called me and said a huge tree came down and took the back deck out in Middletown NY area. Sucks. I'm near Scranton PA and its raining and getting windy but not the worst ever or nothing. ( not yet at least)

5. Fedcospeed

Fedcospeed

Water in the east branch of the Niagara River is very low.Being sent to Detroit!!We seem to always get it from the west and it messes with the waterplant Iam at now but different this round.People along Lake Ontario are feeling it though.Nature sure can do awesome things when it gets pissed.
    We,ll take the rain and wind as long as its not snow.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2012
  6. Offset

Offset
    from Canada

Starting to rain very hard in Northern Ontario. Wind is gusting by nothing sustained at the moment.

Stay safe everyone, don't take any unnecessary risks folks.

What a monster.

7. red roadster

red roadster

Just read that the Bounty has sunk, most of the crew have been picked up by chopper, but at least one is so far unaccounted for. Praying for you guys.

8. Shane Spencer

Shane Spencer

The eye pretty much came right up over us, or at least they said it was going too before the power went down. Eery silence for a while. All in all it hasnt been to bad up here. Stay safe guys

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

9. LOPESphotographics

LOPESphotographics

UGH! thank goodness my garage faces down hill.

[​IMG]

10. baspinall

baspinall
    from SE PA

It's crazy out there right now. Was just outside and it really smells like the ocean! Never ever experienced that before. Light are flickering as I post .... fingers crossed.

11. Deuces

Deuces

Holy shit!!!!!!...:eek:

12. Deuces

Deuces

You guys still with us?????......

13. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

[​IMG]

I get choked up every time this image comes up. What hurricane? I'm protecting hallowed ground?

We dodged the bullet. It went a little north and I never even had my lights flicker. We were scheduled to be the bulls eye. I feel guilty and lucky.

14. 327-365hp

327-365hp
    from Mass

Lost power at 7pm but it came back around 10pm. Some vicious wind and rain but no trees down. Luckily we lost those in last Halloween's blizzard! :confused: Hope everyone else is safe!

15. Power has been ou here since 9PM....my 20KW Briggs & Stratton generatior is sittin' in my garage waitin' to be installed next week.....

16. CayoRV

CayoRV

Thinking of all you in the East and hoping you all come through with as little damage as possible.
    30 foot waves and 50 mph winds over here next to the big pond (Lake Michigan) and alot of limbs down but this is just Michigan weather.
    My brother-in-law left Saturday for the east coast, he's a lineman and will be there working to get the power back on till the job is done. Give these guys a break when you see em, alot of people get pretty nasty with them when they've been without power for a while, maybe offer a hot cup of coffee or something. Just remember, they are there to help and doing the best that they can, usually 16 hours a day.

17. onelowc10

onelowc10

Had a tree limb about 8 inchs round come down on my duallie pick up bed but the sides are abs plastic so it just pushed it down but popped back out when i got it off. Had a tree about 40 ft high fall towards my garage but got cought into other trees so so its leaning pretty bad. Gotta cut that today. Other then that doing ok!

18. pila38

pila38

Lots of branches/trees down and no power since 7:30pm. Would love to offer the linemen a cup of coffee, hard to do without power to the coffee maker though. Do they like tea?

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

19. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

we are without power. Our entire town is black. Lots of tree damage in the area and big flooding on the coast. thankful and blessed we are all OK.

20. revkev6

revkev6
    from ma

luckily we seemed to have been spared all but some wind and rain here in my area of western mass. I spent the night watching worlds fastest indian waiting to lose power and it never happened

21. pitman

pitman

Fired up the torch last night. Campin' is fine. :rolleyes:

22. Paul B

Paul B

Didn't loose power, but got all the asshole next doors leaves all over my yard. My Cover it made it thru another storm.

23. Jimv

Jimv

No one on here gives a rats ass about your politics, especially using that post to make some remark! KEEP politics off the HAMB! please!!
    JimV

24. LOPESphotographics

LOPESphotographics

Agreed.

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

25. pumpman

pumpman

Blowing like stink here in Michigan, we have been very fortunate so far but the weather guys say today will be the worst of it. I hope all of you east coasters are ok and haven't had to endure too much damage or harm. Keep you heads down and stay safe.

26. Gizzy

Gizzy
    from N.W,Ohio

Just cold & snowy here in NW Ohio.Never lost power....yet.All good.

27. Oh, the humanity. Call the National Guard.

28. BIG-JIM

BIG-JIM
    from CT

Well we came through the storm without so much as a scratch. We got all the toys (our cars) into the new garage before the storm hit. We filled up about 50 containers of water, filled the tub for flushing to toilet, filled everything I owned with gas, tuned up the generator, took everything inside that I could & nailed down what I couldn't, and we never lost power. The lights flickered a couple of times was about it. Had some washout because I have no grass yet but all looks to be a okay. Now if I had not done all this we would have lost power for a week.:rolleyes:

29. Tommy's Cycle

Tommy's Cycle
    from So Cal

watch out for sharks in the front yard:eek:

Attached Files:

30. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Got a little more of the edge last night, but all in all NC got lucky this time. Though the outer banks did get hit pretty good. Hope the storm peters out pretty quick.

Thank you Jim.

And those those look to be M-14's. Not exactly regular issue. lol