Register now to get rid of these ads!

Is getting pulled over NOT by a cop normal for you guys with nice cars??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Blake84, Oct 9, 2012.

1. Blake84

Blake84

Today I had a first for me at least. I was driving and noticed someone was following me and flashing their brights and waving me to pull over while they were in a Mercedes. He just wanted to talk to me about my truck....it was cool but If it wasn't a new Mercedes I might not have stopped

It's one thing to have someone come up in a parking lot or a gas station but all you guys with really nice rides do you get flagged down by normal people and asked to pull over ???

2. Many times, usually they roll down a window and ask me at a light.

3. Blake84

Blake84

Never know around LA if someone's going to car jack you...haha I stopped because it was a $70k Mercedes :D

4. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

Never been pulled over, but I do get waves all the time, much more from women than men oddly, of all ages. Took me a bit to get use to it all the time. They don't wave at me when I'm not in the truck though. So, I know they just want to use me for my truck and don't really care about the real me. So, I just ignore them now.

5. ParkinsonSpeed

ParkinsonSpeed

Yea im pretty sure that show thats based in vegas might of helped guys spirits a little bit. I dont know if anyone noticed that one like i did.

6. Yep a few times and twice by cops that just wanted to talk cars.

7. lowtech36rod

lowtech36rod
    from Kentucky

Where I'm from you might get shot pulling those kinds of shenanigans!

8. Blake84

Blake84

That's kind of what I was thinking....when the guy was flashing brights and honking and waving me to pull over. Luckily he was super cool.

9. Mojo

Mojo

I get people wanting to talk at lights. I was sitting at a light once, at a school crossing. Some little tiny girl, maybe 8yrs old, said "nice (OT pony car)!". I couldn't believe someone that young could reconize it, it was pretty funny.

10. inthweedz

inthweedz

Happened a couple times to me, They wanted to know if I hired my car out for weddings..

11. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Happens to me all the time. Usually it is a carfull of 25 year old topless chicks who love my car, and..........................oh, wait a minute. That was just a dream I had............nevermind ! :eek::D

Don

12. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Never happens to me, unless my car is on fire.

13. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

Had quite a few race up beside me and flash goes the camera. Scary at night when you don't see them until the flash has gone off, then I think that I've triggered a speed camera. :eek:

14. deto

deto

Hahahaha.

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

15. Deuces

Deuces

Yep! Got pulled over by a Dearborn cop in '88 just to check out my new Ford Fox car....

16. Rocky Famoso

Rocky Famoso
    BANNED

Not Traditionally.

17. bridger

bridger

Driving between Brisbane and the goldcoast i could see a Porsche weaving through traffic behind me . He pulled up next to me then behind me up the other side of me behind me again up next to me again . Giving me the thumbs up all while his misses was videoing it on her phone .

18. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

and keep askin questions after it turned green causing a horn orchestra. I never feel like cuttin it cold as i dont want people to think im too kool to talk to them, so by the time i tell'em theres people behind us they start honkin already. Like 3 seconds after it turns green usually....
    My car is stil a piece of shit thou, but still gettin mad attention somehow.

19. 73super

73super

I've had a few people ask me to roll down my window and then ask if it's for sale.. Happens in parking lots too. Don't think I'd stop for anybody.. I think I'd be too annoyed. Probably not the right way to be since we're ambassadors for our hobby.. shame on me.. and good for you for pulling over.

20. In KC a new Mercedes may mean car jacked Mercedes. I don't stop for anyone if they follow me into somewhere that I was planning on stopping anyway that is different. I have been followed into places even in a beater by the way.

21. I really love when the guy begging at the stop light tells me how cool my car is.

22. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

I usually have people start conversations at red lights. Problem is, sometimes I run open headers and my hearing isn't as good as it was, so it is hard to hear what they are saying. I hope I heard their comment or question correctly because I don't want to seem rude by not giving a friendly response.

What is strange is, sometimes I will be out in my roadster and people around me are totally oblivious to it, othertimes I have tons of people talking to me and taking pictures. Not sure why some days are different than others. :confused:

Don

23. outlaw256

outlaw256

not long ago i was runnin open headers and a girl pulled up next to me and pointed at what i thought was my headers and was saying something.i kinda thought she was commenting on how loud it was. light changed and within a few feet i found out i had a flat front tire.now i know what she was saying..not to loud but to damn low

24. Sounds like an episode of that goofy TV show-"Counting Cars"........they do that every night.

25. Had it happen a few times, at lights mostly but also at gas stations. Like said earlier, my hearing isn't what it used to was either so when I notice somebody giving me a thumbs up, I first make sure it isn't a singlefinger salute :eek: , then wave my thanks back at 'em. Makes me feel all warm & fuzzy inside. . .

26. ROBERT JAM

ROBERT JAM

Ive always wondered why anybody would pull over when those guys from counting cars do that.

27. It happens every now and again. The most two memorable were: the guy that got out of his car on the 401 (our interstate) and ran up from six cars back to talk while we were stuck due to an accident; and they guy who ran across 5 lanes of traffic to catch me at a stoplight, and then got nudged by a moving car while running back.

28. 39LOW

39LOW
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from MESA,AZ

Yep..... A county deputy pulled me over (with lights & horn). Just wanted to talk about my '66 suburban. Didn't even ask for license-registration-proof of insurance!after 10 minutes of sweating and listening to this guy, i asked if i did anything wrong. And he said "nope, have a nice day"

29. Falcon Sprint

Falcon Sprint

A buddy and I got pulled over in rural Kansas by a cop saying he running a "check" on our year issued (1966) plates. Later he confessed he just wanted to check out our cars. We were on our first leg of a trip to Birmingham, AL and I thought "Seriously, you just wasted 20 minutes of our time. Can we go now?"

30. Normbc9

Normbc9

I had a '65 Porsche 365 SC as a daily driver. It was almost a daily pull-over too in West Covina. Sometimes the same cop too.
    Normbc9