Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Go west old man

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bob K, Oct 2, 2012.

1. It won't be left there. The cars will be removed, and all the grain cleaned up. The railroad learned a lesson when one year they tried to bury some grain over by the river on the way to Missoula. The bears dug it up and were causing LOTS of issues. If I remember right, they tried the same thing over by Billings with the same outcome.

Doug

2. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

Bob....you and yours are always an inspiration.....you're "living the life" because you are one of the few that actually get up and GO......Doug

3. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

Go! BobK! Go! I have been looking forward to your VR trip daily since I saw you post this.

Chris

4. Man, Bob, i'm enjoying your trip as reading a good book, thanks for that! hope your lady recovers well, have fun and stay safe. who am i young lad to tell you:p nice pics, nice words and you're in good company, it seems. Roll on..

Carsten

5. HELLBILLY

HELLBILLY

WOW! Thanks so much for sharing this with us, I miss road trips!

Oh and keep posting those pics!

6. Kramer

Kramer

Maybe you'll get to see one of these. This was taken by a Glacier Park road crew last Friday.

Attached Files:

• Ram.jpg
      Ram.jpg
      File size:
      185.3 KB
      Views:
  7. phat rat

phat rat

Had one of them coming right down the road at us in late June on the one lane construction section on The Road To The Sun.

8. diamond jeff

diamond jeff
    from montana

Hi Bob, saw you go through Columbia Falls today at 3
    :30. Hard to miss that good looking 52 with the h.a.m.b. front plate. Have a good trip.

9. unklgriz

unklgriz

Ha! So did we! We had just came out of the north fork with a load of fire wood and saw you sitting at the light.

Bob, that is one nice '52 you have there. We hope you enjoy this part of your trip! Drive safe!

Larry

10. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

love the Tee Pee

11. jerry

jerry

Well, he's not called 'Travelocity" for no reason!

Hi Maggie.

Don't let him forget to pay for the gas either!

jerry

12. Bob K

Bob K
    Member Emeritus
    from Antigo Wi.

Hey Diamond Jeff and Unklgriz, why didn't you guys flag us down, would loved to have met you.

B:(B

We had no internet for the last couple of days, I am uploading pictures as we speak and hopefully will post some more tonight.

B:)B

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  13. Been enjoying your trip. US-2 is a great two lane. Been in the tepee coffee shop in Browning a number of times.

My parents and I lived in Browning for about a year in 1948. Just down the street was a Catholic church where the priest had a Lionel train layout in the basement. Dad was a constable on the Blackfoot Reservation. We move from there to Cut Bank where Dad was the Chief of Police til we moved to Michigan in '55.

Sharon and I lived i your destination city of Everett in '67 while I was in the USAF.

Keep on keepin' on!

Charlie

14. Charlie,

Wondered when you were going to pop in here.

Doug

15. wayfarer

wayfarer

Loved meeting you guys today. Thanks for stopping by and meeting my family!

16. Bob K

Bob K
    Member Emeritus
    from Antigo Wi.

Finally got a good internet connection here is Spokane Wa.

Lets get this up to date, what the hell day is it anyway? If it's Wednsday this must be Spokane.

The last picture I posted was the Teepee in Browning Mt. I forgot to post this and now have forgotten where it was taken but know that it was before Glacier park.

It was an old gas station but is now a credit union office in western Mt.

[​IMG]

Sunday we had to stop in Shelby Mt at an urgent care to get some medication for my ear ifection. Got some drops, hope the work. Got to East Glacier Mt. only to find out that the Road to the Sun that crosses the park is closed about 13 miles up the east side. We will have to do that and then go around the park and go up as far as we can on the west side. We did all of that but that took most of the day. The weather was shit on the east side, raining and windy. The west side was better weather but still we missed the higest portion which is where the critters are.

When R&C did the feature on the chebby I got a call from a guy on Lake Mary Ronan Mt, he is building a 51 olds convert and has a bunch of projects. He invited us to spend the night in one of his cottages. We gladly accepted so here are the pics of the cottage and his projects.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

He has this neat tour ride set up

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

His 442 vert.

[​IMG]

He built this 34 Buick with a Ford 360 and a C6 tranny but hasn't driven it in 5 or 6 years.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

He also found his original High School car, a 1947 Caddy Sedanette. Back home after 45 years.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Neat Photo of Roy Rogers on a 47 Caddy he has on the wall

[​IMG]

A morning shot of the cabin at just about sunrise, it was a real nice cozy place.

[​IMG]

lots of ducks on the lake that morning, making lots of noise chasing minnows.

[​IMG]

A 50 olds parts car for his 51 convert which wasn't there. It is in the shop getting the final stuff done. Saw pictures and it is awesome, Black with all of the original chrome, gonne be a sweet ride.

A parts car for the caddy Sedanette and a picture of Gene.

[​IMG]

The next project, a 57 2dr ht. Will get a J2 and an automatic.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then it was off to see a hamber, RMR&C who only lives a few miles from
    Gene. He has a shop and does customer work as well as his own. He invited us to stop by with a PM because of this thread.

37 Ford PU

[​IMG]

Customer car, 36 Ford with one of the nicest chops I have ever seen.

[​IMG]

17. Bob K

Bob K
    Member Emeritus
    from Antigo Wi.

His first hot rod, still motivationg after 35 years.

[​IMG]

His daily driver and shop truck.

[​IMG]

Yard art in front of the shop, my good buddy Titus ended up with the top from this for one of his projects, even picked it up personally.

Couple of parts cars, both 4drs.

[​IMG]

The tailights in the 54 Merc are spoken for or else they would have been in the trunk of the chebby.

An antique shop in Whitefish Mt.

[​IMG]

One of the Antiques

[​IMG]

Getting 10 days worth of shit off off the chebby.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Neat Buffalo made by a local sculptor.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Warning sign on the trail to the falls.

[​IMG]

In spite of the warning ol step and a half decieded to make the 2 mile round trip. what a trooper. He Weezner, look what she is wearing.

[​IMG]

Always smiling

[​IMG]

This is at low water, it must be scary as hell in the spring.

[​IMG]

She can even climb stairs

[​IMG]

The name of the the falls is Kootenai, after the river it is on.

[​IMG]

State number 47 for the ol girl.

[​IMG]

That take us up to Tuesday evening and we are headed for Bonners Ferry ID.

Film at 11

B:DB

18. Awesome Bob! Thanks

19. Bob K

Bob K
    Member Emeritus
    from Antigo Wi.

Was great to have finally met you after talking for 11 years. Now you owe us a visit, but lets wait untill your daughter is a little older and the wagon is ready to go.

20. Bob K

Bob K
    Member Emeritus
    from Antigo Wi.

Stayed at the Kootenai Best Western last night, was really nice, here is a shot of the glass and marble shower.

[​IMG]

A Huge Antique shope at the junction of Hwy 2 and 95 north of Bonners Ferry Id. There is that Antique again.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hey Poverty Flats, eat your heart out.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This was the Pie Plate next to another Antique shop in Sand Point Id.

[​IMG]

The last of the 48 states for the ol chebby, next year at this time it will be 49.

[​IMG]

Stopped in Spokane to see Wayfarer. We became friends when he and I were in competition for a place on R&C's Ashphalt Ego Rama. Got to see his project 53 Chevy Wagon. Unfortunatley the Wayfarer was not in this location.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Damn, that brings us up to date. Tomorrow we head on the last leg of our Hwy 2 trip. We have a few stops to make but should be at the end of this hwy in Everette Wa by Friday at the latest.

21. wayfarer

wayfarer

Geez, if I'd known you were coming I would've cleaned the garage! :)

22. Sinister

Sinister
    from Oregon

Sounds like you're having a great trip! You just drove by my truck which is sitting at a friends shop in Idaho, and I used to live very close to Wayfarer's house before I moved to Portland.

Best of luck on the rest of your adventure!

23. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

OMG---I think I'm in LOVE !!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hey Poverty Flats, eat your heart out.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This was the Pie Plate next to another Antique shop in Sand Point Id.

[​IMG]

The last of the 48 states for the ol chebby, next year at this time it will be 49.

[​IMG]

Stopped in Spokane to see Wayfarer. We became friends when he and I were in competition for a place on R&C's Ashphalt Ego Rama. Got to see his project 53 Chevy Wagon. Unfortunatley the Wayfarer was not in this location.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Damn, that brings us up to date. Tomorrow we head on the last leg of our Hwy 2 trip. We have a few stops to make but should be at the end of this hwy in Everette Wa by Friday at the latest.

B:)B[/QUOTE]

24. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

This why you are my Idol !!!

25. Bob, it was great to meet you guys. I would love to take a trip like this where I could take my time and really see the sights. Have a safe trip.

26. refried confusion

refried confusion

Last edited: Dec 5, 2012
  27. Bob K

Bob K
    Member Emeritus
    from Antigo Wi.

Oh Yeah, I forgot to mention that while we were in that Antique shop in Donners Ferry this guy walks up and introduces himself as Tim who has a shop in the area, we didn't have time to go see the shop but had a nice chat. He is soda pro here and does soda blasting.

28. You two are living the life Bob! Jealous! :)

29. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

You must have cruised on by.........................................................