Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Road Trip Revival: Part 3

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Oct 3, 2012.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Last edited: Oct 3, 2012
  2. ROBERT JAM

ROBERT JAM

cant wait for the next installment of the" road trip wars"!

3. Tom davison

Tom davison
    from Phoenix AZ

May you get happier with each mile. Where are you?

4. pinkynoegg

pinkynoegg

good to see that yall got over the little hurdles along the way

5. pumpman

pumpman

Good luck boss, she looks pretty damn nice from what I can see. By the way, you have bigger stones than me taking a 2000 cruise in something that's been sitting for awhile.

6. PUMPKINHEAD

PUMPKINHEAD

Looking forward to the next installment.

BTW- I miss being able to find real pizza so easily. If you're looking for some damn good pizza like that when you get back home, try Dom's Pizza in Cedar Park......AUTHENTIC!

7. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Someone that has been PM'ing me for help on their Nailhead just took the A/C off of theirs, Maybe we can persuade them to sell it to Norm. :)

8. -Brent-

-Brent-

HAHAHA! This is the best line I've read, anywhere, in a while. Sorry to laugh at your expense, Norm.

:D

9. Baltimore has a shady district...:rolleyes:

10. typo41

typo41
    Member Emeritus

No AC, oh well,,, but boy are they purdy....

11. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

Sometimes I forget that the time I spent with you guys wasn't your whole adventure. It's such a strange experience to have a few scenes together as the movies of our lives intersect on the same screen for a few moments.

I'm really glad I could help in the small way that I did. It feels good to use the space for something other than filling it with my own junk. This garage should be a crossroads for weary hot rod travelers. It's what I have it for. "Fill the space with friends and memories," someone told me, "they're the most valuable possessions you have." Sage advice from an anonymous wise man. Someday I hope I can impose on you in Austin. But it isn't why I did it. I did it for what was left behind when the Buicks rolled out of here. And it's way more valuable than any car could ever be.

12. Well said Mark, well said.

13. S.F.

S.F.

your electrical problems...Ive had a few cars do that to me too; that have sat around...as soon as you start to drive them shit starts working. Sounds like she just needed driven. I had a 61 Galaxie that if you would let sit for a week without driving the clock would stop working, but as soon as you started driving it regularly it would work again flawlessly in a few hours. Same with the dash lights in my 63 chevy c10, they didnt work...the more I drove it, they just turned on one day and havent stopped working in months.....wierd

14. Roothawg

Roothawg

Norm is a great guy. I'm sure he can scrounge the factory A/C parts from around the OK,TX salvage yards. I'll start looking if he needs me to. I have some friends that are dyed in the wool Buick guys.

15. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

You've got this whole "Mahayana" thing going on man... And I like it.

16. Slim Pickens

Slim Pickens

Newark? Two minutes from my place. HAHA. I’ll loan ya a piece for protection or ride shotgun with ya anytime.
    Slim

17. NoSurf

NoSurf

Well said brother.

18. Jkustom

Jkustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

These old cars often just have to "remember" what they are supposed to do.. It one of my favorite parts of driving a car thats been sitting for a looong time.. At first some things don't work, or don't work well, and before you know it the car is happy and working fine. I think that's neat.

19. Curt Six

Curt Six

This was a pretty surreal weekend for me for a lot of reasons. I'll probably go into that at greater length when I finally pull together my "thank you" to everyone on the HAMB that we owe one to (and there are quite a few). What I can say is that on more than one occasion, I looked in my review mirror and was pretty overwhelmed by what I saw. The first time was leaving the twilight photo shoot on Thursday night. As a custom guy, Lee Pratt and Tom Davison are heroes in my world. Seeing the two of them right behind me, slinking through the streets of my hometown in Lee's '58...it was hard to keep a smile off of my face. The second was leaving the first day of the show with those two Texas Rivs following me down I-83. It really meant a lot to us that you and Norm included us in your travels, and those Buicks looked damn fine running down the road. I'm glad to hear everyone made it home in one piece - it was really good to see you guys.
    Curt

20. 100% Matt

100% Matt

One of the best posts I've ever read here....Mark your a ruler and I'm glad to call you a friend:)

21. Fopelaez

Fopelaez

Good to hear you made the first leg OK.
    Both cars look very much fine, and AC just steals horsepower =)

22. JVK54

JVK54

This story , pics and thread are awesome. Subscribed.

23. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Oh, I'll get to you in the next installment...

24. This is a very profound post.
    Salt of the earth kind of stuff.
    There are a lot of facets to this Epic road trip!

25. Okay, skip my earlier post. Sorry, I was too late. Glad you guys are still OK. The offer on the room is open if need be though.

26. It is OK to have a man-crush on Mark, right???
    :eek::eek::eek:

Glad you all made it hime safe and can't wait to hear the rest of the story.

27. Tom davison

Tom davison
    from Phoenix AZ

....and we were thinking, "The young pup up ahead really gets it with his Buick!!

It was great getting to know you and hang out, Curt. There's no way to convey to those not in attendance just how perfectly you guys pulled it off. Next year will be crazy.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2012
  28. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Great stuff Boss, thanks for letting us virtually tag along.

29. sololobo

sololobo

R., your writing style suggests you may soon be writing a series of hot rod tales, probably printed in some small book size and using a pen name of Ronson Marlow, automotive adventurer! Trip sounds cool man, keepin the fingers crossed. Does Norm's car have a.c.? Hey, who needs it, and he can add it later! ~sololobo~

30. 327-365hp

327-365hp
    from Mass

Great reading Ryan. I told you you would need a sweater. :p That Mark Phelan guy, he's the real deal! ;)