Register now to get rid of these ads!

Pomona??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jamesgardner, Oct 1, 2012.

1. jamesgardner

jamesgardner

I have a pretty big list of things I need - thinking about going to Pomona on the 14th. Is this swap meet still a good one? I haven't been there for years...

2. Yes
    You can start at one end picking up parts and come out the other with a complete car.

3. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

I went in march and it was so jam packed with people, I had a hard time keeping my eye open for parts because I had to watch the people to avoid bumping into them. And almost 20 dollars for parking and entry fee. Long Beach is the place for me now and I only live 15 minutes away from the Pomona fair grounds.

4. Pomona is a monster. Hard to cover it all in a day. It's self regulated as far as brand names or makes of cars. (Corvette, VW, Ford, etc.) Ask around where to find your particular brand.

5. Post your list (or a summary). Maybe you will get lucky here but more important the question if the swap meet is still a good one depends on what you need. Are you looking for a hood ornament for a 1928 Durant on a manifold for a SBC?

Charlie Stephens

6. No_Respect

No_Respect
    from So-Cal

I go all the time. I'll be there looking for a T-5 but if you don't own a Chevy more than likely you'll have a hard time finding it in the swap...

7. MATACONCEPTS

MATACONCEPTS
    BANNED

Drive in with a pre-72 & you'll get the best parking in the middle of it all.

8. MATACONCEPTS

MATACONCEPTS
    BANNED

$25 Driver & Passendger & parking for pre-72 in the show.