Register now to get rid of these ads!

hurst racing tyres

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kiwi32rodder, Jan 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paul55

paul55
    from michigan

I do know the tires are wrapped up and ready to go back, but Cody said don't bother sending back and don't look for a refund. Basically you bought 'em good, bad, or otherwise. Are you kidding? This is how you do business? Did'nt expect this from a hamb vendor and you should'nt either!

2. D.W.

D.W.
    from Austin Tx.

Your 10 year old tires don't handle so well?

Hmmm. That's odd.

Seriously. You say above that it's a 10 year old tire? The shop won't work on 11 yr old cars? The kid running the machine is 10?

This is all on behalf of your "buddy"? Sounds like you don't even have a dog in this hunt.

After 4 sets of Radir tires & 3 sets of wheels, I can tell you that Radir & customer service don't belong in the same sentence.

I am very happy w/ my new Hursts. Much nicer riding tire than the (hard as a rock) Radir.
    I mount my tires myself. 124+mph now & Smooooth as glass.

Hurst tire convert,

-DW

3. D.W.

D.W.
    from Austin Tx.

Hurst isn't a HAMB alliance vendor. Your "buddy" isn't here whining about his tires so you are doing it for him?

That's funny.

4. zeph4057k

zeph4057k

im not getting into a pissing match ,if you are happy, great, we didnt have the same experience, just want a fair shake at buying tires that are good,if they are so good, then do us right, my friend is not computer savy so im doing it for him so dont get personal, let cody run his business like it should be and he wouldnt have customers like us posting, GET IT???? ive had exceptional experiences with radir tires but thought we would try to save some money, i guess that its better just to spend the money.

5. paul55

paul55
    from michigan

google Adam's hot rod rubber complaints. He's not alone! Yes, the core tires were OVER 10 yrs old!!!!!!!!! Our dog, is the fact that several of us were possibly getting ready to be screwed over as well, if we had ordered and had a problem! Frankly, I'm surprised people would defend Cody's attitude and business behavior!

6. D.W.

D.W.
    from Austin Tx.

Oh hey. This I another old thread y'all dug up on behalf of your buddy to bitch for him.

Awesome.

7. zeph4057k

zeph4057k

hey D.W. guess you just tool around town on your tires, we drive 1000s of miles on ours, i can get wise ass too

8. zeph4057k

zeph4057k

why dont you paint your car or dont you know how? and i wouldnt want to see you nude........

9. D.W.

D.W.
    from Austin Tx.

So your all passionate about how much you dislike tires you never bought or owned.

But "possibly"'you were gonna get screwed. That is rich.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2012
  10. zeph4057k

zeph4057k

c'mon im waitin'

11. paul55

paul55
    from michigan

It's all about right and wrong and getting the truth out there, which everyone should want! We're all consumers and need all the facts/truths about all companies we all deal with. The remedy is pretty simple, do business the right way!

12. zeph4057k

zeph4057k

i dont have to own them , i see them , our best friend does own them, and they are crap!

13. D.W.

D.W.
    from Austin Tx.

Yeah sure. I just tool around haha! You guys are good.

And no, I've never painted a car. Whats that got to do w/ your buddies tires?

14. D.W.

D.W.
    from Austin Tx.

I've run both and made my decision as a consumer and y'all have yet to buy or use either yet blah blah blah.

15. zeph4057k

zeph4057k

im not lowering myself to your comments so ive changed this one

Last edited: Oct 1, 2012
  16. zeph4057k

zeph4057k

this is a pissing match, see ya

Last edited: Oct 1, 2012
  17. D.W.

D.W.
    from Austin Tx.

Wow really? That's all you got?

18. paul55

paul55
    from michigan

I'm currenly running radirs that are just about worn out from use over the past 5 yrs. and was going to replace with hurst tires and give'em a try, until this fiasco and hearing how they deal with problems and customers. It's quite simple for Cody, admit that your product isn't 100% perfect 100% of the time and then address customer concerns and complaints with the right attitude and have a happy customer. Business 101!

19. D.W.

D.W.
    from Austin Tx.

Wait. What? Democrat? Why do you say that?

20. chevy348

chevy348
    from Ohio

I've got a set on my 55. They are not true but that is common with cheater slicks. They offer a truing service, but I chose not to do that. http://www.hurstracingtires.com/Race_Tire_Truing.html

My core tires are 6 years old, but I've had no issues and can't complain.

21. paul55

paul55
    from michigan

Let's get back to the facts fellas. It's all about doing good business and doing right by all of us, past, current, or future customer!

22. D.W.

D.W.
    from Austin Tx.

I'm an inbred Democrat.

That's it?

Anything else?

23. Byron Crump

Byron Crump

Zep, you really are crossing some lines buddy...you might want to tone it down a bit and back off.

I personally am not a fan of Hurst slicks because I have had bad experience with them (and the front runners which were my much bigger issue) but DW has a right to his opinion, he ain't ripped anybody off or forced them to buy the slicks, and calling him inbred is really freaking lame.

And so what if he has not painted a car.

I have radials on one of mine, I am in Texas too, know DW, and I am a elephant fan...so freaking what? WHAT DOES THAT HAVE TO DO WITH ANYTHING?

Last edited: Sep 30, 2012
  24. D.W.

D.W.
    from Austin Tx.

It's all about digging up ancient posts to complain. Go get yourself some REAL problems so ya don't need to come here to cry on our shoulders about your buddies tires haha!

25. "T'RANTULA"

"T'RANTULA"
    from Ohio

Most places that sell tires tell you as soon as the tire hits the road its not returnable unless it has a defect. Also if you screw the bead up its not returnable or exchangeable. Ive seen people runnin hurst tires and have heard more good than bad. Im gonna get a set for my 55 when I get the cash. And as far as people not touching them cause they are old thats a load if BS. Ive had dealerships mount and balance tires that are 30+ years old....

26. paul55

paul55
    from michigan

I don't think the truing process can be used on the recapped slicks. My radirs only used a couple ounzes ea. and are good at 75mph. These hursts were bouncing so violently at speed, that from a safety factor, I would think they would want to address the situation.

27. "T'RANTULA"

"T'RANTULA"
    from Ohio

Did you mix bias ply and radial tires?

28. D.W.

D.W.
    from Austin Tx.

Shit! Past my bedtime. It's been fun. I've enjoyed poking y'all w/ a stick enough for one night.

Maybe we can do it again tomorrow?

29. Wow ! really it's got this far.... That you had to trash on not having a painted car.... So you drive your street rods 1000 miles I'm proud of you...
    do you want another trophy ? I really don't understand people like you guys that feel the need to bring up old threads and start alot of b.s. Just because that person isn't "computer savy " . Sorry but that a poor excuse... enough said from me.. Like said let's here Cody's side of this... FYI, I have seen new tires get there beads torn at the tire shop... Really sad ...

30. DaddyO's..Deuce

DaddyO's..Deuce
    from Missery

Okay, but how about the Firestone cheater slicks,? Any comments on those?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.