Register now to get rid of these ads!

HAMB Drags

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by chevy348, Aug 20, 2012.

1. chevy348

chevy348
    from Ohio

Just wanted to post the following run down of my day at Mo-Kan. First off, my dad wanted to see the drags at MoKan and we planned this trip to the HAMB drags 5 months ago. He had not been to Mo-Kan since 1963 when he was a member of the car club “Cam Twisters” out of Joplin which had a club rail they ran there. We drove from Dayton, Ohio (10 ½ hour drive) a couple days before the drags. The day of the drags we parked the car, his car, a 2011 Cadillac, out at the end of the track along with everyone else. Watched the drags, had a good time then went back to a totally fucked up 2011 Cadillac. $3,500 worth of damage as of today’s first estimate. Some gutless bastard keyed (I say keyed for a lack of better words to describe whatever they really used) my dad’s Cadillac. On the top of the car, down the back quarter. I mean they pressed so hard they left a deep crease. I am no way insinuating any HAMB member did this, I’m sure no one on the board would ever think of doing that, but someone there did. This is a warning to you guys, watch your cars in the future, watch out for each other’s stuff…not everyone there has good intentions. This has pissed me all to hell. I’ve been to many events all over the country and never heard a bad word of shit like this happening anywhere. Insurance will fix it, but it put a damper on a great time with my dad who by the way is 71 and has serious health issues.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2015
  2. That has never happened in the past. Sorry to hear of the damage. Someone out there deserves a ass kickin.

3. Rick Sis

Rick Sis
    from Tulsa OK

So sorry to hear this. I just can't imagine how this could happen without someone seeing it at this event, and of course, handling it on the spot.

4. sorry to hear this , your dads caddy might have (probably) mistook for someone elses

that really sucks

i was wondering why i didnt see you in germantown saturday are you going to eaton this saturday ?

5. kwoodyh

kwoodyh

What kinda POS would do that?

6. Dennis D

Dennis D

Not the same as having your car damaged, but three years ago my cooler was stolen from under the tailgate of our truck. Figured it was some underage pricks wanting my beer. Dennis D

7. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

One who is jealous of anyone else who has something nice that they worked their ass off to get. And one of the same dipshits who will bust the hood ornament off a car to make a belt buckle or give it to his girlfriend. I've lost track of how many snapped off Mercedes hood ornaments I've seen when am on Xray at the airport.

8. With all the video/camera work going on perhaps someone will have some image of something - even in the background. I'll donate the first $100 toward a reward fund.

9. JimC

JimC
    from W.C.,Mo.

Ought to have his bag split and his leg ran through it!

10. Well that is the shits. We have had minor things like someone's car getting hit with a piece of an exploded fly wheel or needing to take someone's keys because they were having too much fun. Hell I even puured a little oil under someone's rear end once just for grins but I haven't heard of anyone actually getting vandalized. That is just not who we are.

I imagine that there is deductable to pay and although I doubt it was actually a HAMBer I would be willing to anny up a a couple of bucks toward that.

Please don't let it keep you away.

11. There has to be one fuckin' asshole (or whole ass) everywhere you go these days.

I'd check with the track and put the word out, there's video everywhere you go these days. Someone may have caught it on film.

12. ryno

ryno

im really sorry to hear about this
    on a more positive note, id like to talk to you more your dad involvement with the cam twisters. i just left my buddies shop whom also was in the club and is looking to reconnect with old members.

pm me.

13. Tsquared

Tsquared
    from Pratt, Ks.

Sorry to hear of the vandalism... hope they catch the SOB!!!

14. 64T-bolt

64T-bolt
    from Kansas

somebody deserves a little windpipe double-dutch... f-ing low life sons of cock-eating sluts..

15. n847

n847

Thats a serious bummer man! One punk SOB ruins all our images at these type of events! Too bad for your dad, but its awesome to hear you guys made it out though. Cool father son trip for sure!

16. chevy348

chevy348
    from Ohio

We were on the spectators side towards the end. In fact we parked next to an older Chevy beige or light tan van camper conversion that had an awning on it (on my drivers side) and on the passenger side of us was a black Ford pickup I believe. Dad's Cadillac is a Crystal Red tintcoat, SRX.

I sent an email to Carl, he responded and said he is offering $500 for the arrest and conviction of the responsible party. I know it's probably a lost cause, but that shows he cares, and that's enough for me. I really do appreciate that.

17. Sweet color too!

18. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Some jealous asshole...or someone that had too much to drink and decided that the drags simply wasn't the place to bring a new Cadillac.

Sumbitch ought to have all his fingers cut off...like to see him hold a key then...!!!

There's always gotta be one asshole in the mix to put a taint on a great thing. I am sorry it had to be your Dad's car...

Even tho I didn't get to the drags this year, I'd even chip in a few bucks toward the deductible...

R-

Last edited: Aug 20, 2012
  19. daddio211

daddio211

Yeah, at the elbows!

20. The37Kid

The37Kid

Very sad that having nice things in life that you work hard to get are dispised by those in some "parties". Hope you find the asshole, and make him pay for the damage. Bob

21. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

One more btt just for the cause.. Probably jealous his r*t r*d didn't keep up to the Caddy on the highway or something.

22. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

I'm really sorry to hear this, my dad is 70 and I would be wanting to kick someones teeth in if they did this to him. :confused:

23. A true asshole, not confronting another but taking it out on a car as a way of proving they are a snake hiding in the dark!

24. What are you implying?:confused:

25. Larry W

Larry W
    from kansas

Sorry to say, this is the kind of society we live in . One person works hard to have something nice,And some POS has to damage it. True trailer thrash.

26. Mike51Merc

Mike51Merc

27. jcapps

jcapps
    from SoCal

28. HUH?,If you have a problem with a man take it up with him,there is no reason in the world to damage someone's car,,new or old.

Hamber's have always had a good reputation when it comes to being standup guys,,It only takes one low life POS to screw up that reputation,I pray it wasn't one of our own. HRP

29. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I'm absolutely disgusted about this. Marcie and I heard about it while on the road yesterday and we are both just speechless. I just don't understand how something like this could happen.

To Carl's credit, he doubled security this year after he saw how nice the weather was. So, we had folks on staff for such a thing... But sometimes this shit just happens I guess. And it angers me to no end.

30. About 2" below their chin would be better.