Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Wildwood Nj car show HAMB meet and greet roll call

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODSURFER, Aug 20, 2012.

1. since alot of HAMBers will be in wildwood for the car show why not do a meet and greet?? how about saturday 9/22 at 12:30 in front of the convention center?? I have a HAMB banner and will tie it to the rails -if we all play nice together maybe we can all meet later saturday eve and cruise the island in our Hot Rods?

2. Koz

Koz

You know I'll be there along with the rest of the crew. I'll let the Aces & Eights guys know and the West Virginny guys too.

3. cool!! I am hoping to get an impromptu cruise togethor for saturday night
    any ideas Koz?

4. Koz

Koz

There's going to be a bunch of us. We usually take a ride over the drawbridge to the Lobster House deck on Saturday for dinner. Way cool 6 mile ride through the low land around the inlet to Cape May. Can't beat the deal or the scenery, (twin tails and all the trimmings on the outside deck over the bay for about $14), followed by some seat time around town and a somwhat drunken deck party over Ocean Avenue at the Safari. Anybody have any idea of whether there having the Holly Beach Hang this year? We might want to meetup at Jaun Pablos if they are and go from there.

5. Brian.D

Brian.D
    from New Jery

THIS IS IN CAPS ON PURPOSE............. SOMEBODY HAS TO SET UP A WEB PAGE, FACEBOOK REDIRECT OR SOMETHING TO LET THE WORLD KNOW THAT THE SHOW IS BACK ON! I FOUND THIS SITE OUT OF SHEER LUCK.

I went to Thundermoto's website and it still says they are closed. That, I think, is still the first thing people are going to see and decide not to come down.

Just my 2 cents.

Brian

6. Koz

Koz

I agree but I ain't that computer literate! I'll pass that suggestion off to the Chamber and the Hotel/ Motel Association. One of my customers just came in and was bumming because the show was "over". I showed him the thread and now he's getting his room back. The damn hotel he was staying at didn't even know the show was back on, (or maybe the bimbo on the desk just didn't give a shit to mention it).

I did get a flyer from the Assoc. today giving the new show schedule and the fact that the registration was now $35 instead of the $55 that Thundermoto was charging. It shows they're trying hard to get the show back to the old days.

7. got mine as well...cant wait!!
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=2714&day=2012-9-20

Last edited: Aug 21, 2012
  8. Brian.D

Brian.D
    from New Jery

Didn't mean to shout KOZ. It's just that I've emailed a couple of friends of mine who didn't even know it was back on. The good news is that Wildwood's event website does have it listed again, but Thundermoto.com still says they (Thundermoto) are closed.

Curious, has someone else stepped in to correct the problem?

Thanks,
    B.

9. Brian.D

Brian.D
    from New Jery

10. Koz

Koz

We're working on it. I'm going to get the GWHMOC to send me something I can post.

11. so Brian are you gonna be at the meet and Greet?

12. rodzz2010

rodzz2010
    1. A-D Truckers

Someone had on the message board 2 or 3 days ago that the show was canceled is it// Or is it on.?? Thanks

13. Koz

Koz

Wildwood is definitly on and being run by a much better entity! There's more happening and I'll have a flyer posted here in the next day or two. According to the Wildwood people they are going to put the show back like it was before Thundermoto. I'll keep everyone posted of any developments as I learn but the show is ON!

The post you refer to was put up when we first learned that Thundermoto got their ass canned.

14. EXracer64

EXracer64
    from nj

I'll be there.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2012
  15. Koz

Koz

I have a stack of flyers that just arrived which I will take along to McCungie tomorrow. I can't get one to scan and post here so Homemade Hardtop is going to do it for me tomorrow.

The new management has a bunch of new good stuff going on which looks more and more like the old days "down the shore". I'm frankly amazed they're getting this organized this quick!

Of note: Saturday night Fox Park is being turned into a drive in movie for all registered cars. No Idea what their showing but its supposed to be classic hot rod flicks. The movie used to be less important before I was too old to participate in the submarine races.

16. EXracer64

EXracer64
    from nj

When do we register? Before or after when we get there on Thursday?

17. Koz

Koz

Registration is Thur. 3pm-9pm, Fri. 9am-9pm, Sat. 9am-12 noon. At the imperial 500 Motel, 6601 Atlantic Ave. Same place as usual.

New web location.... www.wildwoodmotorevents.com

Not a lot there but they're working on it!

18. EXracer64

EXracer64
    from nj

19. HomemadeHardtop57

HomemadeHardtop57

20. cuznbrucie

cuznbrucie

This flyer has no dates on it!! Which Thursday? Which Friday? ....etc??? I know it's in September, but which weekend?

Thanks....

CB

21. EXracer64

EXracer64
    from nj

sept 20-22

22. Koz

Koz

"Cuzin, You bringing the "rainbow" HAMB banner for the meatup?

23. cuznbrucie

cuznbrucie

I don't think I can make it Koz........leaving for new England on Sept. 22......honeymoon, you know!! ;^)

CB

24. come on you can sneak down for a little bit on saturday ;)

25. Koz

Koz

I understand Adam still has a few rooms left at the Gondolier. The Aztec and the Safari Motels are sold out. All these motels are one the same corner where we stay. If you are in need the Gondolier can be reached at.....

(609)-522-0999 or (609)-522-6974

Can't say enough good about these Motels and the people that run them. This is our "home port" for the run.

26. getting closer!

27. Koz

Koz

By my count, 15 days and a wakeup to the kickoff party. Everybody around here already have their bags packed!

On thing.... This is the absolute, no way, in any shape or form, last year I'm going in a family truckster! It's been at least three years now I havn't had a suitable car for this run and it's the last!

28. ArtofHotRod

ArtofHotRod

Change of plans for us ... Driving over to Asbury Park show then to the DMC Drags at Englishtown at nite to race the Abone ....

29. Koz

Koz

If anybody's interested there are still two rooms at the Gondolier available. It's still 13 days and a wakeup to go and It's killing me. I'm smelling salt air, steamed lobster and burning rubber. I just can't believe we're taking Roses' Miata!