Register now to get rid of these ads!

Help!My 62 Caddy has a bad vibration!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by evilone0528, Jul 30, 2012.

1. evilone0528

evilone0528

Yo HAMBers!

I just bought a 1962 Cadillac Coupe DeVille.I drove it to work this morning and noticed a horrible vibration at 70 or so MPH.The car has been lowered by heating the springs(previous owner) in the front.Not sure about the back.I was kinda leaning towards the bearring on the two peice drive shaft going out, but I thought I would run it by the hoard first.Thanks in advance!

EVIL:)

2. Dane

Dane
    from Soquel, CA

That's a good place to start. U joints would be my 2nd place to look. Take a look at how the driveline angles are with the lowering.

3. Driveshaft vibrations tend to come in before 70, I would suspect a tire issue to be more likely the cause. Do you feel it in the steering wheel or throughout the car?

Bob

4. evilone0528

evilone0528

You feel it in the car not the wheel.The vibration kinda starts keeping time with its self if that makes sense.Like .....ROAR.....ROAR.....ROAR.Dont laugh......haha

EVIL:)

5. Could be a rear tire. Have someone follow you and see if any of the tires run out or have a shake to them. That can telegraph through the whole car. The roaring noise just may be a bad ujoint or a tweaked 'shaft. Bad ujoints sometimes have a "chirp, chirp" at low speeds. Does yours have a center hanger bearing? That is a real possibility of going bad.

Bob

Last edited: Jul 30, 2012
  6. chaos10meter

chaos10meter
    from PA.

Could be your anti lion valve is bad.

7. BISHOP

BISHOP

U joint, or carrier bearing.

8. evilone0528

evilone0528

AWESOME!Do you think Advance Auto will have that in stock?HAHAHA