Register now to get rid of these ads!

Dyno Questions

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by johnod, Jul 23, 2012.

1. johnod

johnod

I know very little about dynos, or how a dyno sesion actually works.

Mainly I'm asking is this good thing for tuning engine and holley carb, also do they actually tune things up , or just give you a sheet with alist of things to do?

This is a street car, no drags, I don't need 11000 rpm, just street.

Thanks

2. johnod

johnod

O it's in the car, sorry didn't clarify that.

3. A Chassis Dyno is a tool - nothing more or less. And like any tool it is only as good as the thing operating it. In the right hands a Chassis Dyno is a great way to get a proper tune on a car. BUT the Dyno doesn't do anything but measure power and spit out some graphs ~ it doesn't fix anything or even tell you what needs fixing. It is up the the operator or mechanic to interpret the graphs, make appropriate changes and test again. The right shop can work wonders, the wrong shops empties your wallet.

4. deto

deto

It depends on what you are trying to accomplish with a tune? All out power? drivability? mileage? Logging some miles on the street with a wide band O2 sensor will help you out immensly...

5. This is oh so very true!

If you're not going to race it don't waste your time or money.

6. TheTrailerGuy

TheTrailerGuy

Agreed, seat of the pants with a good wide band O2 sensor would work wonders. Get your jets and tools and find a nice old stretch of road to read plugs and play around for a day. It will work wonders for your ride when you are done.