Register now to get rid of these ads!

Who's attending the KKOA Leadsled Spectacular in Salina, Kansas (July 27, 28 & 29)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by RattyChick99, Jun 22, 2012.

1. i should be there. the question is if i can get the willys there or not.

2. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

I just might make it this year. I should be in town by Friday evening at the latest should I be able to go.. Looking towards to meeting some new HAMBers!

3. OMG i know!!!! it's always hot as hell there! yes, last year was freaking hot! we had cold beer on tap along w/ water...oh wait? who cares about water right? haha! JK!
    yeah i endured the heat. my bro's gf and his buddy's gf couldnt handle it... i'm used to it though.. i mean, i hate the heat, but i love the awesome rides--so if it means sweating a lil, i'm all in!

4. Free pie at the lobo's huh?? Haha! Cherry pie! Jk!!!

5. Old F.A.R.T.

Old F.A.R.T.

Will be there even tho it is a LONG drive...About 3 miles...I live in Salina...And the HEAT is on...105 today...YEEHAW!!

6. gonmad

gonmad

We should be coming up Friday sometime. I think that there may be a pack coming with us too! But that's really too far away for some to commit!! LOL!

7. ARTSWRK

ARTSWRK

I'll be there!

8. Crazy Legs

Crazy Legs

I wouldn't miss it!

9. GrouchySS

GrouchySS

Will be there fri and sat cant wait.

10. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Hotel rooms confirmed for Salina and couch confirmed for Lincoln along the way! Still putting in long hours to get the 46 on the road for at least 2 weeks of driving to work and back before the long haul.

Really looking forward to going this year and with a car this time, actually dreamt about it last night haha

11. ToddJ

ToddJ
    from Marion, IA

I'll be getting there on Thursday. Setting up a booth this year. Hope I don't melt!!! No matter what, it's going to be a blast!!!!

12. NoSurf

NoSurf

I'll be there.

13. das858

das858

I'll be there Friday morning, can't wait.

14. Fat47

Fat47
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My buddy Ken and I will be there. Leaving Indy on Tue, hook up with Ken in St. Louis on Wed. Bringing his primered, red scaloped 49 Chevy this year instead of my 47 aerosedan. Staying at the Quality Inn off 135 on the west side of Salina. You can't miss the two old drunks in their parking lot in the evening.

15. Fat47

Fat47
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Oh, wait, the parking lot will be full of old drunks, so you will have to guess which ones we are.

16. tejas34

tejas34

Myself, along with several other "Rusty Nuts" from Butler County, KS will be there. I may drive my '34 Ford Coupe. My "51 Merc Conv" however, "will not.!". Regretfully, I have not received my front-end parts from one of our Alliance vendors. Hopefully, 2013 will be the year for my Merc and maybe even my wife's '47 Chopped Ford coupe (which is also in the works).

tejas34 - "Never quit building and driving!":D

17. RDP

RDP
    from Kansas

Planning on comming that way with my Dad. It will be our first time there. My truck won't be done yet though.

18. Crazy Legs

Crazy Legs

Does anyone know who won the "Chop" this year from Bill H/Brad M.?????? I know of a few people that put their names in the hat including myself but I haven't heard a word who won it........

19. LOW LID DUDE

LOW LID DUDE
    from Colorado

For you guys and gals that are first timers get ready to see the coolest Kustoms on the plannet. Don't miss the Thursday evening parade of Kustoms and hot rods .What a blast,I was surprised to see how many towns people showed up last year.Go to the rod shops open house and the drags. Ask at registration. YEA it will be hot,always is just drink lots of water and take it all in. We have been to 5 Salina Leadsled shows and am sorry to say can't make it this year ,so you guys have a blast for me. My car at last year KKOA is on you tube interview with Dennis Gage - you tube ( Rick Coast on My classic car).

20. hvychvy

hvychvy

21. 54delray

54delray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Fremont NE

I'm looking forward to seeing some of the fresh builds that are going to be there. dolsen37's green Merc is sahweeeet! I even enjoy looking at some of the same stuff that I've seen before, cuz I never tire of looking at traditional kustoms. Love 'em mild to wild. I'll be bringing a trunkload of used shiny stuff to put in a 10 x 10 swap spot. Stop and say hi.

22. harley rider

harley rider

we'll be goin with our 39 ,cant wait.

23. 49toad

49toad

The Toad will be there.

Be there or be square

24. Flatblack49

Flatblack49

Going down Thurs, does anyone know if they are going to let people park on the east side of Oakdale park this year? I hope they open it up again, lots of shade over there. I heard the first year folks ran over underground sprinkler heads so they roped it off last year.

25. Leevon

Leevon
    from Nixa, MO

Wheeler, is it you?

Leevon

26. gonmad

gonmad

You gonna go Lee.

27. Fly'n Kolors

Fly'n Kolors

My friends from Denver got bumped from their rooms at the 'Host Hotel' by the new owner! Anyone knowing of rooms in Salina post it up and help out. Thanks

28. Goodlife

Goodlife

If you live around the mid-west and don't stop by this show sometime you have really missed a good time. Four of us loaded up in one of the guys 55 Chevy and went cruising on Friday night and I swear to God it was just like high school, (fifty years after the fact). Several of us knew each other from those days and talked about what we had done back in the day. The sad part is that a lot of the guys we ran with then have met their maker already. Makes you appreciate still being around and playing with the hot rods.

29. NoSurf

NoSurf

If nothing is available in Salina they might try and see if any rooms are open in Abilene Kansas. Its only about 20 miles to the East.

30. Rodshop

Rodshop

Will get in late on Thursday- I think this is the 6th year in a row for me. "Too much fun, that's news to me, there must be a whole lotta things that I ain't done, cause I ain't never had too much fun."

I even have a couple of grandsons coming up from Oklahoma to join me on Saturday. Gotta get them interested early.
    Rodshop