Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods FNG takes 1 for the team- A TUDOR

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by josh77, Jul 6, 2012.

1. ironpile

ironpile

You should be hung by the scrotum.I`m half German but I know VW`s don`t belong on a trad rod.:D

2. josh77

josh77

The wheel is a Speedway cheapie Grant wheel. The horn button is from a 64 Cadillac. It's a piece I've had for a couple years, but no Caddy to put it in, so I flared a piece of exhaust pipe that the button would fit into, and then welded in a flange that bolts to the wheel/ hub. It doesn't function as a horn button, I've got that on the dash rail.........

3. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

I don't know but I bet Volksrods make a comeback some day and you are going to be REAL sorry ! :p:D

Great save, no one would believe it was the same car if you didn't post progress pictures. Nice little tudor now.

Don

4. treb11

treb11
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I really like your headlight bar. Clean, simple, functional.

5. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Great save and the Hot Rod Gods are smiling. One thing,if you haven't already experienced it. I'll bet you'll find that the perforated panel in front of the radiator will cause cooling ills at some point in your driving experience. Just doesn't look like there will be enough air flow with so little open space. I'd watch it very carefully while your getting used to it as it only takes a couple of high heat cycles and you've ruined a good engine or at least decreased it's useful life. Air flow is key to keeping everything in the comfort zone.

Frank

6. Wow! Great car! It looks very much what I want mine to look like when we are done, sans the chebbie. I like everything you've done with it.

As for the vw I found this thing broken down at a rest stop on the way home from Bonneville two years ago. :p:eek:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. I guess there's two ways to look at that abomination...

You can say that someone destroyed a Model A or you can say that someone gave a small amount of class to a VW!!! :eek::eek::eek:

8. T.L.

T.L.
    from Colorado

'Nice save...

9. Chopped 66 Bug

Chopped 66 Bug

What are your plans for the VW remains? Give me some info I might be able to help you rid yourself of them for some $$ to go towards your project. I am a VW guy for a long time but I also love old iron and I would not have done such to a classic car such as this. it just ain't right!

Mike

10. 4Door51

4Door51

Im not one for putting chevy motors in a ford..but you cant beat free..Car looks excellent

11. fenderless

fenderless
    from Norway

Came out very nice:)! Mine used to sit on a Volvo chassis:eek:!
    Better off today, on stock A-frame:).

Taildragger&fenderless

Attached Files:

12. sololobo

sololobo

Ass kickin bro, excellent build, Home Run!! ~sololobo~

13. bigorford

bigorford

how 'bout a VW oval (HaHA)

14. VonKool13

VonKool13

You should put some kind of VW emblem on the Sedan in a tasteful way, just for yours and ours amusement. Cool ride.

15. oj

oj

Whew, i am wore out just reading! You guys don't fuck around when you do something do you.
    Great job, it is very sweet.
    Now, did you say what those seats came from? They really are a nice fit in there ain't they.

16. You have pleased the "Hot Rod Gods", by saving that Tudor! Now go drive the wheels off that bitchen ride!:D

17. josh77

josh77

I've got 200 miles on it now in 90 degree+, everything from city idling to freeway, no problems. Runs 170-190 then fan kicks on. I was worried at first too, but it works!

18. josh77

josh77

Sweet car!

19. josh77

josh77

No worries Mike, the VW stuff was all sold off to good homes.......I was a VW guy at one time, and those connections actually helped land me this car.......

20. josh77

josh77

I do believe Pinto or Mustang II........

21. That was a car version of the mullet. Business up top and party out back. Looks great now. What color blue is that?

22. Mopar Jack

Mopar Jack

Nice save,and it looks sweet now...

23. A Boner

A Boner

Josh, the sedan looks GREAT! Really like the blue paint with the black frame and stripe. In the one pic, that's my coupe chassis in the foreground....how time flies. How does the sedan like the Waukesha streets, or should I say poor excuse for streets. Hope to see you at the "Gasthaus" one of these Wednesdays.
    - Denny

24. Anderson

Anderson

A model A grill shell on a Model A? What is the world coming to ?? haha....love this car, excellent work.

25. Gremlinguy

Gremlinguy

Great work Josh!

26. LTM75110

LTM75110

Good work,Looks great!!

27. spiders web

spiders web

You profess to save this beautiful car by getting rid of the vw pan and drivetrain then you put a bowtie engine in a blue oval. You my friend are only slightly better than the cretin that had the car before you.

28. the good lord will bless you for this save.

29. I love the grill insert. I've been wanting to do something like that on my Sedan but just haven't got to it yet.

30. LSR 2909

LSR 2909
    from Colorado

Split window!