Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anyone in New Zealand know this '53 chevy from the states?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jkustom, Jun 30, 2012.

1. Jkustom

Jkustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My buddy sold his project '53 bel air to a guy in New Zealand about a year or so ago.. I'm just curious about where it is now.. Anyone know it?

Attached Files:

2. rob douglas

rob douglas

Hi my name is Rob ,I bought this car from Hance ,can you let him know it arrived all complete and just as he described it.I tryed to contact Hance but had computer problems and have not been able to contact him since.
    As to the car I have just bought in a t.c.i. front end which I am going to fit shortly,have repaired most of the stainless trim ,doing a peice a week .Iam a panelbeater working for myself so have been trying to find a bit of time to work on it amongst other jobs .My mate noticed your post so was stoked to see the car and would be good to keep in touch and tell Hance the chevs in good hands .Will send some photos as soon as I fit in front end.Rob

3. Jkustom

Jkustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Awesome Rob!! Nice to meet you! I'll pass the word to Hance. We have quite a few hours into that car, I miss it. Are you gonna keep the 6 cyl in it? Its a bad ass little 6... Keep in touch man!! -Justin

4. rob douglas

rob douglas

yeah planning on keeping 6 in it ,Iam going to change rear suspension ,just figuring out what will work best ,2link trailing arm or 4link like gambinos,getting stuff from states to here is expensive .Let me know what you think .Good talking to you.Rob

5. deadbeat

deadbeat

Ahh the power of the HAMB Worldwide! Hey Rob welcome aboard,great project ya got there.Where in NZ are you?

6. rob douglas

rob douglas

Thanks Iam in Dunedin

7. thought you would of had that finished by now Rob !!!

8. Jkustom

Jkustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yeah, I never liked the way that rear suspension was set up.. My '54 is 4 linked with parts I got from thorbros.com back when they were suicidedoors.com, and the Gambino 4link is pretty popular too.. The '55 rear end in that car is all rebuilt with no miles on it.. But I would 'Link it.. The front end is the same as my car which has been on the road for years now like that.. I think a few guys on here have bagged their cars the same way. It needs some body work, but thats a good car you got yourself!!

9. rob douglas

rob douglas

Thanks Gregg yeah was planning on doing some work on it last week then a couple of big jobs rolled in so that stuffed things up.Am looking for some grille teeth do you know of anything over there?ta Rob.

10. rob douglas

rob douglas

Thanks for the info JKustom its always good to find out whats been done .Rob.

11. cain

cain
    from riverside