Register now to get rid of these ads!

Harris Engineered Reproductions 34 Chevy Grills PROBLEM ?Have I been ripped off ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Limey Steve, Jun 8, 2012.

1. Limey Steve

Limey Steve
    Alliance Vendor
    from Whittier

Hi I don't know if anyone else has had any dealings with this company but I ordered a 34 Chevy grill , was instructed to send a check (he's a SEMA Member according to his web site) The check was cashed 5/8/12. still no answers to emails , phone messages etc etc.& no grill .

2. krusty40

krusty40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

bttt for steve

3. Limey Steve

Limey Steve
    Alliance Vendor
    from Whittier

All signs are I'm F*cked , I googled his address I got from SEMA (he's not been a member since 06 !! ) The address now does big screen TV's or something . I hate getting ripped ,it's not the 1st time , I just hope no one else gets screwed.

4. robyyo

robyyo
    from Orange CA

That, my limey friend, is what we call mail fraud.

5. RagtopBuick66

RagtopBuick66

6. BrandonB

BrandonB
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from nor cal

Here is something that I found on the net when the name was googled. You'll notice it is dated 2008. The guy's been doing this for quite awhile. I would file a complaint with the Texas Attorney Generals office, if that is where he is still located, and see what happens.

jimmothershead Rides Info - huntingtown, Maryland
    July 07, 2008 09:30 AM
    <label class="signature">Jim</label>
    [​IMG]
    About 14 years ago, Ken Norris stopped punching the '33- '35 Chevy grille inserts. Along came Jack Harris. Sent him the required USPS money order for insert and shipping. "Upon receipt, I will ship next business day". 2 weeks went by, no insert. Called ..."will ship". I heard that BS for 4 months. Finally sent certified letter for insert or refund in full or I will process a mail fraud claim. 4 days later I got the refund in full, USPS mo.

Jack Harris is a ex police officer.

7. Limey Steve

Limey Steve
    Alliance Vendor
    from Whittier

Thanks for the heads up , it was the SEMA membership that made me feel comfortable, more mug me , I will file with the Texas Attorney General, as was said , mail fraud & still going on !!

8. MATACONCEPTS

MATACONCEPTS
    BANNED

Hey Steve

I got some vintage exhaust lubricators for sale!!!

9. Limey Steve

Limey Steve
    Alliance Vendor
    from Whittier

I stand corrected , the grill arrived today from Texas & it looks great, unreal , no communication at all & we have the grill , shipped before my tyrade on here .
    All's well that ends well .His communication skill need a major tune up though , I'm glad I waited an extra day before we went the legal route.

10. Thats the important part, you got the grill.