Register now to get rid of these ads!

Looking for Info on the Shamrocks Car Club, Alameda, CA

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bigdaddylove, Jun 7, 2012.

1. bigdaddylove

bigdaddylove

Hi,

Does anyone have any photos, films, info or other goodies regarding the Shamrocks Car Club in Alameda, CA?

I had an original club plaque with a "1" on it and was told that the number indicates the president of the club. Unfortunately, it is possible one of my dad's "friends" borrowed it, made a copy and gave me back the fake.

Thanks in advance!

2. Bullet Nose

Bullet Nose

Don't have any info about this club but do have a photo of their plaque on our site .....

[​IMG]

3. I have the original pattern that they were made from back in the 1950/60's:

Why do you think that the one you have is a copy? Are there any markings on the back side? Can you give me the exact width of the one you have? I may be able to tell you if it is the original or a copy of a copy.

Dennis

Attached Files:

4. Well actually I may not. This is a bit interesting. When I paste Bill's picture and mine into my editing program and reduce mine proportionally till it's the same width as Bill's, it appears like mine is "squarer". My original Chicago Metal Craft pattern measures roughly 5" x 8" which is squarer that the 5 x 9 or 5 x 10 ones that CM and Speed Gems made.

So now we have a mystery if Bill's is more rectangular and on his the SHAMROCKS seems to have a shallower arch to it. Things that make you go hmmm.....

Attached Files:

5. bigdaddylove

bigdaddylove

That is odd. Maybe I'll get an answer at the upcoming car show in Alameda next weekend.

Thanks!