Register now to get rid of these ads!

Sins Of Steel Saturday June 2nd 2012

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by loveoftiki, Feb 29, 2012.

1. olskool34

olskool34

Just got my pre-registration in the mail?? It says if recieved before May 12th and today is the 15th?? A little late guys.

2. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

.....and I still owe ya a beer or two. So there's your award!

3. As far as I know we were not doing pre-reg this year. I will look into that for ya. As long as there has been a traditional show in Davisburg there has never been a big Pre Reg deal. Most guys just showed up on Saturday and handed the money over, got the bag, and drove in. As long as ya got exact change it should be the same process :D:D:D.

See ya in a couple weeks!!!!!

4. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I got the same pre-reg flyer in the mail yesterday.

5. Well........ Apparently they mailed out pre-reg forms. So if ya get one fill it out and drop it in the mail or at Boomers shop on Dixie Hwy. All Pre-Reg forms will be accepted until Friday May 25th. In talking with Boomer they already have gotten a bunch sent in, so thanks if you are one of those on the ball types!! Now back to your regularly scheduled programming!!!!

6. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Because so many of my car pals are rolling into the Motor City for various car events the first weekend of June, (Sins of Steel, Power Tour and the Grand Prix) I've decided to throw a pig roast shindig. We'll be closing off my street to classic cars only so feel free to bring one knowing you've got a close place to park it.

Friday June 1st
    anytime after 5pm
    BYOB
    29129 Oriole, Livonia, MI 48154

The house is full but feel free to bring a tent and sleeping bag or crash in the garage. There are two motels really close.

Comfort Inn ( 3 blocks away
    29235 Buckingham Street
    Livonia, MI 48154
    <NOBR>(734) 458-7111</NOBR>
    <NOBR></NOBR>
    <NOBR>America's Best Value Inn</NOBR>
    <NOBR>28512 Schoolcraft Road </NOBR>
    <NOBR>Livonia, MI 48150
    </NOBR><NOBR>(734) 425-5150</NOBR>
    <NOBR></NOBR>
    <NOBR>Looking forward to seeing everyone in a couple of weeks.</NOBR>
    <NOBR>If your planning on attending the Pig Roast hollar out on this thread so I can get a rough idea of HAMB head count.</NOBR>
    <NOBR></NOBR>http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=698990
    <NOBR></NOBR>

7. Wow Denise. This is very cool, thanks for putting this together it will give the out of towners a taste of some Detroit hospitality.

8. can't wait for the show, looking forward to bringing my '53 Chevy truck to it's very first show! hope to see most of you guys next sunday May 27th in Chesaning for the 6th Showboat City Rumble, we're doing our first ever pin-up contest so should be interesting to see :)

Attached Files:

9. Holy Crap 9 days away!!!!!!! Where did the time go?????? Lets do the weather dance and pray for partly sunny and 78 for the day

10. Hey dance it up to AT LEAST 78 degrees, because your TN brothers are already used to mid-90s. (And roadster riding is much better with sunny and 85)

Cant wait for the adventure and the show!!

11. Well its Balls Ass Hot here today. Hit 90 and saying 99 this weekend. Hey We got a Detroit guy Vern coming down your way this weekend. He will have Gators fender. Man can't wait to see ya guys and show ya some Yankee Hospitality:D

12. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

the bit rate is screwed up - so I apologize for that - I have no time to fix it since I have to leave here in an hour to go to my grandparents house 7.5 hours away....
    I will try to correct it when I get home on Monday.
    I had a good time at that show last year and wish I could make it again -
    Seeya!

13. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

It's that fucking guys fault from the south that drives that yellow tub. I'm blaming him for this heat wave.:p I sure hope next weekend isn't as hot as last year's event.:eek:

14. Hahahaha, Denise....when one rides topless, they hope for sunshine and heat above 80.:p

You just mihgt need to consume some more refreshments to assist in staying cool, is how we cope with it down here!:cool:

Looking forward to the adventure.

15. Well we have had great weather for all the SOS shows, yes on the hot side but no rain as in previous years the other show that took place there. I did the 10 day forecast...... Lets just say I hope they arent right..... Seeing as they said 99 here this weekend and now we got 81 tomorrow and 91 Sunday than dropping into the upper 60's for highs. Topless drivers better bring rain gear and sweatshirts!!! Just saying....

16. Gator

Gator

I likes it hot...

Of course me and Earl Schieb will be driving up in air-conditioned comfort in my beat up '55 Chevy pickup... :D

17. Hey your fender is en route. Left my garage this evening. Make sure Vern brings me a 2xl Beatersville shirt!!! See yall in a next week!

18. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

The push to the finish has begun. My crew kicked ass tonight. We still yave a couple patches but it'll be at least in grey primer by next Sat. Ruby, my 4 yr old, grabbed a d.a. and went to work!
    See everyone Saturday morn!

19. Hell Yeah Pete get em crackin!!!

20. Well Fellas and yes Ladies.... The soon to open Vinsetta Garage Restaurant located on the fabled strip of pavement known as Woodward Ave. has stepped up wit Cash Moola for the top 3 in the always enjoyable Miss Sins of Steel Pinup Contest. Get started with the Brazilian Butt lift video today.... Walk away a winner next Saturday.... Check the website and FB page for all the latest SOS info that is fit to print...

21. dragass

dragass

Heading down to Davisburg next Friday for the show, can't wait!

Later Gil

22. OK so as the Godfather of Soul once said......" please please please " let the weather forecast I just looked at be true for next Saturday... Mostly Sunny and 74.... Perfect Davisburg weather.... See ya's next Saturday...

23. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Fucked my hand up pretty good. Don't know if I'm gonna make it Sat. :(

24. Pete just chop it off!!!! Hands are overrated!! Get better and make it over to the show please. I think some of the Poor Boys TN fellas will be briniging some of the "remedy" you wont know you have hands after a few nips:D

25. Have you ever worked out a preparty somewhere for Friday night?

I know Denise has the bash in Livonia, but is there anything closer to the show? Maybe off Woodward?

Sent from my iPhone using TJJ app

26. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

Damn Pete, I'm sorry to hear it. Take care.

28. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Sucked it up, bought a new pair of gloves. Wrapped it up and worked! Made a patch, welded it in and mudded it up! Jen did some fine skim coats over some stuff. Hopefully I can finish the big junk tomorrow and get a good coat of surfaced on. Then I can block it throughout the week.

29. safari-wagon

safari-wagon

Can't wait, we'll have a handful of cars at the show, hanging out in our usual spot...

Denise's party will be THE event of the Hot Rod Hooligan Society's social calendar for 2012.

30. jdubbya

jdubbya

I will be gathering the northern crew once again this year, at the Shell Station (formerly BP) at the corner of Dixie Hwy. and Grange Hall Rd. The station has been re-opened and newly renovated, and should supply fuel, refreshments, and other needed convenience store supplies. Plan to meet there between 8-830 am.. The convoy will leave at 830am, or shortly there after, for the short ride to Davisburg. Any questions feel free to PM me... see ya there!