Register now to get rid of these ads!

10 year Jalopy Showdown thanks

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by scarylarry, May 22, 2012.

1. scarylarry

scarylarry

10 years of doing a show & making a lot of friends along the way. It's a pretty cool thing, the H.A.M.B., hot rods & the people I've gotten to meet. I've gotten older & slower in the 10 years (it's why I'm doing this on Tuesday after the show)...I'm just catching back up with moving around! & much more reflective in my "older" age so please bare with me. First I think I have to thank Spike. I dont think I ever really have. Without his photos nobody would have seen the cold mudfest all fifty or so of us had so much fun in the first year. Then Ryan & the H.A.M.B. for being the place that made the show giant now. Sorry you missed the show & hope you are feeling better.
    Ever see that movie 300? That is what our little army of volunteers are like! We know the handful of us should not be able to pull it off every year, but we always do. Wait, you didn't think I meant because of our chiseled perfect bodies that we LOOKED like those guys in the movie?? thanks anyhow....
    We actually picked up a few new people to help this year! Thanks, it really does end when you guys stop...so please let me know ahead of time!!It's a shame this is the only time in a year we can all get together. You guys are the best!!
    And lastly everyone that shows up for the one day show that has turned into a weekend. You have learned to play by the rules (yes!!), leave the place in very good order because they know it is special, & supports a great place & I'm also giving some to cancer research this year. Just seems like everyone is affected by it directly or closely at some point.
    Thanks again.
    See ya at the Invitational in a couple of months!

2. Thanks Larry,

It was great to come out again this year, been too long since I hung out with all my hoodlum buddies from the East.

As always the event went smooth, I won a raffle or two, checked out the new addition to the Museum, and had a great time.

TZ

3. SUHRsc

SUHRsc

Thank you Larry and all of the crew for putting on such a great show every year!

See you in July!

4. I was actually at that first one and remember the mud too - everyone assumed we ran off the road when we got back to town and hit the local cruise. I guess we sorta did.

I remember Spike with his boy too taking pics and covered in mud...

I hope to be back there eventually because you made something really cool and special for everyone to enjoy - Glad to hear it went well this year too...

Great Job Throttle Devil & company.

5. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Congrats to you and the crew........it just seems to get better every year. It is truly a
    " Can't Miss Event ".

6. hr31hr

hr31hr
    from PA

Great show! I am amazed at how big it has become. Thanks for all of the hard work!

7. scarylarry

scarylarry

Tyler, great to see you again. I was glad I had a couple of minutes to sit with you Friday evening. Thanks for making the trip.

8. Much Thanks to you and all your crew, Larry. Everything seemed to go so smoothly and I know that doesn't happen without a lot of hard work and planning. You guys are the BEST!............Don.

9. Verminator

Verminator

Larry, what can I say? Can't thank you & the Showdown crew enough, but thanks for putting up with our madness !!! This event is such an important part of our lives. The memories and pics keep us laughing through the year, and looking forward to the next year !!! The show just keeps getting bigger and better. We've met so many great people there over the years, and many new friends this year.

Even the MUD tasted better this year !!!!

Congrats on 10 & many more in the future.

Normal Pat / Krazy Kim

10. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Really incredible show Larry and I'll definitely be back! Thanks so much for your hard work and dedication.

11. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

You guys really knocked the ball right out of the park Larry. I had an absolute blast all weekend, best of the best!! It was a long drive back to Buffalo, but WELL worth the trip. Thanks a ton man.

12. scarylarry

scarylarry

Also forgot to apologize for our one big fail this year, the restroom not getting pumped, then locked at 3 Saturday. It was SUPPOSED to be done and Paxton has already addressed it for next year. You'll notice new names on the portables next year ;)
    Andy, thanks for the Rocket Ride art. Pat/Kim, VERY nice of you to give the raffle wagon to Sumo's boy. Jeffery, glad you finally made it to the show! I still can't believe everyone comes such a long way to hang out with us every year, so cool

13. scarylarry

scarylarry

Pat, the mud tasted better because it had not been sitting there ALL spring like last year, yuck! We're lucky we all didn't get malaria!!

14. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

I didn't taste any this year, but it sure smelled better than last year!

15. Verminator

Verminator

Yeah, it was good to know we weren't the only ones that had that sore throat thing going on last year after that delicious swill !!!! Lucky there was enough alcohol consumed to prevent the extra eyes and flippers from growing....can you imagine everyone that went through the mud turns to zombies???? :eek: :eek: :eek: Hmmm, great movie idea.....

16. THOMAS S&C

THOMAS S&C

It really is the best show, havent missed one yet and dont plan to! Thanks Larry and crew, see ya in july!

17. Larry and crew... The Redliners CC from the hills of western PA would like to say thank you for another great weekend at The Showdown. This is our club favorite and it has been fun to watch and experience what this show has turned into, so my hat goes off to you and your gang (some of us have been coming since the 2nd year). Again, congrats on #10 and keep up the great work... you will always have support from the other side of the state!

18. Mr. Clean

Mr. Clean

Great show Larry, as always. Congratulations on the biggest and arguably the best Jalopy Showdown ever. I was really impressed on how smooth it ran. You and the show volunteers really deserve a ton of credit. My only regret was that I didn't get a chance to finally meet you. I'll make sure that I look you up in July. Thanks again.

19. Slim Pickens

Slim Pickens

[​IMG]

Thank you Larry and Kim and the entire gang for a fantastic show. Thank you so much for making me feel right at home the moment I step onto the infield. Best show.
    Slim

Last edited: May 22, 2012
  20. Slim... thanks for the new desktop!

21. DeVille Gal

DeVille Gal

Let me add my/our thanks as well,,,,we enjoy the Showdown so much and, to us, it is the perfect venue.

All the hard work by the crew is well worth it when you see how well supported the show is, thanks again.

22. 53 Kaiser

53 Kaiser
    from York, Pa.

Ten years ago I met Larry at a cruise night a few weeks before the Showdown. He gave me a flier and my dad and I went and had a blast. We were cold and wet but I met great people and had a great time. Before year two I called Larry to see if he needed help. I said who is doing door prizes? He said you now. It's always been that easy with him and Kim. I showed up early year two and said where do you need me. I haven't left that track entrance gate in 9 years. When track time came he handed me the flag like I knew what I was doing. I have more fun at this show even though I'm working than any show I attend as a spectator. Larry, Kim and the rest of the crew are family to April and I. Thanks to all of you for supporting this great event. I look forward to seeing everyone even if ever so briefly at the gate. If I yelled at you. Sorry but you probably deserved it. See you in July and as always Thanks for coming.

23. scarylarry

scarylarry

"If I yelled at you. Sorry but you probably deserved it." It's why Scott & I get along so well...we both have sparkling personalities! ;)

24. Nappy

Nappy
    from York, PA

Haha. I yelled at the guy in the wheelie car for screwing around on the track, I didn't know that he was waiting to give Larry and Kim a ride around at Larry's request. Doh. I felt bad, but the guy was super nice about it.

Everything went pretty smooth, all things considered. Not many people with big attitudes like many car shows, just lots of laid back fun.

Thanks Larry and Kim for another great Showdown.

25. Redz Rodz

Redz Rodz

i may have missed the first 7 do to other dirt track commitments, but will not miss another one ,the camping was great too !! can't wait for july, by far everybody leaves with a smile or a muddy grin!!

26. cuznbrucie

cuznbrucie

My favorite event East of the Mississippi, bar none! So glad that I could drive my fresh Victoria up from the Jersey Shore.......Larry and the rest of your crew,......a BIG thank you for putting on THE best event of the year!

I will be there every year you want to do it!

CB

27. I have been attending for I think 4 years now and every year it gets bigger and bigger but I find that one thing stays the same,the people are always cool with the rules,and everybody is easy to talk too.
    thank you larry kim and yhe whole crew of people thar take the time to put on a great show see you at the next one!

28. Manson

Manson
    from Baden, MD
    1. Maryland HAMBers

Thank you Larry, the Showdown crew, and all the people from the Eastern Museum of Motor Racing for putting on what is hands down the best show going. This was my 8th year attending and somehow you all find a way to make this show bigger and better year after year. I was a little disappointed that I couldn't camp out for the whole weekend like I usually do, but I still had a great time. See you guys in July!

29. Spike!

Spike!

Wow Larry..thanks man! The show is perfect and i hope it never changes, the museum gets bigger and more well known, and most of all that you can get some rest! Whooda thunk it?? Ten years of mud...

Spike

30. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

Still one of my top 10 best shows I have been too.. Congrats on 10 years.. hopfully i can come back next year!!!

Miss you Douche bags!