Register now to get rid of these ads!

Who Rides in the Rain

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by geotek, May 15, 2012.

1. Kripfink

Kripfink
    Member Emeritus

I'll give the most honest answer I can. I don't like to go out in the rain if I can avoid it. Not because I don't like my car to get wet, but because I don't like to get wet! (It's no fun being loaded in and out when you can't wipe the rain out of your own eyes.) However, if I have no choice then my Kustom is my daily driver, and it has wipers. As was mentioned much earlier in this thread, when you live in England a lot of the time you don't have a choice if you want to get things done.
    Paul

2. zeke1270

zeke1270
    from Alberta

A few years ago we left on a 260 mile trip, it was just pouring, happy to have wiper on Model A. About 90 miles down the road we ran into a section where it had snowed during the night but the surface was fairly dry so we drove on. Once we got over the pass the temperature warmed up and it was all good.

[​IMG]

3. Black_Sheep

Black_Sheep

I don't like to run in the rain because clean up is such a bitch but the season in Minnesota seems so short that you just have to suck iit up and make the best of it...

4. Cincinnati Slim

Cincinnati Slim
    from Cincy, OH

Over the years, the rod runs or car shows I remember the most are the ones where it rained. Americruise 1993, Knoxville, Columbus, Goodguys Indy, etc.
    So rain won't stop me from going to an event that I've made plans for, but I'd rather avoid it. Mostly because the fools in the late models won't slow down.

Anyone remember the Street Rod Nationals flood in Louisville?

5. upspirate

upspirate

Not driving, but sitting in the rain today! New vehicle this week will be using in the rain though

Attached Files:

6. upspirate

upspirate

I was there in our '36 Chev p/u....water up to the floorboards, but no damage....others weren't so lucky!!!

7. _ogre

_ogre
    from Motown

i drive mine anytime but salt on the road time
    but i also have a roof and windows
    and yes, rain-x is my friend

[​IMG]

mothers even put a pic of truk on their website, as if i've ever waxed my truck

[​IMG]

8. von zipper

von zipper

Got caught in a blinding downpour on the way back from Torquefest in my Ranchero! Crossed my fingers and pushed on! Little leaks from windshield gasket,but a lot better since I first bought it! It was much worse before!

9. Special Ed

Special Ed

Doing a 105 mph through a storm heading home in my Jet, somewhere in New Mexico, without wipers, defroster, or operable lights, trying to outrun the rain. Being from Southern California, we ain't used to that nonsense! It rained for seven hours on me, but I went over 500 miles in the steady rain! Yes, that's rain dripping off of the steering wheel! Carson tops are not always necessarily water-tight at the windshield.... :eek:

[​IMG]

10. 41 C28

41 C28

As I pulled my roadster out of the garage Sunday morning the sprinkles started. It stayed wet all day long and didn't melt and either did I.

Attached Files:

11. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

I never drive in the rain.

12. jchav62

jchav62

Wipers work....

Attached Files:

13. Bull

Bull

As a roadster owner, I couldn't agree more! :)

14. My car and I will not melt. Hell, the owners drove them in the rain for years.....why not drive them in the rain now? I just drove mine in the rain the other day. I had better get a windshield gasket and a wiper. Rain-ex works great!

Attached Files:

15. every day above ground is a good day!! what are you saving it for? enjoy it.

16. josh highley

josh highley

Anyone that knows me, knows I drive in the rain. My car buddies joke that the weatherman calls me in the morning and asks if I am thinking about driving my coupe that day. If I am driving it, 100% chance of rain. If I am thinking about it 50% chance of rain. If I am not going to, perfect weather! My car has seen more rainy days lately than nice. My coupe has no windows and no wipers. I don't care. It was built to be driven.

17. fordf1trucknut

fordf1trucknut

[​IMG]

I run them in whatever weather nature throws at me.

18. geotek

geotek
    from troy, ny

Thats a great photo!

19. bennydog

bennydog
    from Corona

I drive the car and ride the bike in the rain! Staying home with the kids in the rain sucks! Although it barley ever rains here in southern california

20. Rain, snow, wind, I build them to drive and do so, year round and always have. I haven't ever had a car that I wouldn't drive regardless of the weather. The '50 Ford was driven home in a nickel size hail last summer.

21. Jeff J

Jeff J

I just love throwing 50 foot rooster tails off the tires on my roadster !! Hardly any body passes ya !!!

22. raengines

raengines
    from pa.

i'm glad to see the huge majority feel like me and enjoy their cars, rain & shine

23. clubcoupe37

clubcoupe37

Ive been caught many times in the middle of downpours...one in particular, coming back from the Shades of the Past show year before last was a very exciting trip down the mountains without wipers and leaky windshield gasket. the rain was sideways and I had to stop off at a Sonic Drive in to wait it out..I remember praying that my guages weren't going to short out with all the water flowing down my dash. it was an experience.

24. 41 Street Rod

41 Street Rod

25. ratrodder34

ratrodder34
    from Irvine,ky.

I'm with you on that one.......absolute flood with warnings out high winds and drove home 166 miles right down the frigging middle of it..............was actually fun. No fenders and looked like a speed boat

26. ratrodder34

ratrodder34
    from Irvine,ky.

Was there and some of the cars all you could see were the tops of the roofs...it was unbelieveable. Water was even coming up thru the drains inside Freedom Hall.:eek:

27. 33 Fordor

33 Fordor
    from Missouri

My car saw the rain way before I ever did! I drive it anytime, Rain-X is my friend. ;)

28. We have been in rain, hail, and snow with the roadster. Right after I took this picture on the salt we went back to the hotel in Wendover and it started to hail. No damage was done. In 1980 we were coming back from Memphis NSRA Nats and had to stop under a bridge because it was coming down so hard. Well, lightning hit somewhere very close and scared the hell out of me! Our Hot Rods are meant to be driven not towed!!!!

Attached Files:

29. No worries from me either. I've been caught in some real shitty weather with my '48 and never really bothered me too much. I know how to wash a car. Hell it's either raining, threatening to rain, or some form of mist or rain here in the PNW 9 months of the year. Rain? I shit on you!