Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects This car suffered a brake failure. Don't do this.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by badshifter, May 14, 2012.

1. The builder of that abortion exhibited no common sense, no talent, no skill, and no brains. Why would anyone even THINK of building something this bad? My Chihuahua can weld better welds. I can weld better using my feet...and blindfolded.

2. Zerk

Zerk

The good work done by badshifter may at least give driver, passengers and pedestrians a fighting chance of surviving the inevitable flaming, brakelessly hurtling wreck.

Usually when I look at stuff like this I want to giggle. This thing is just too much.

3. tnich123

tnich123

What a POS I would bet the owner bought it that way and is in the process of cleaning it up. He did have someone else redo the front end and by the looks of things just moving the exhaust may solve some of the problems. The guy I bought my old truck from got in a hurry doing some of his work (nothing like this) so I have had to redo some things on it. I guess it comes back to the age old question to build? or buy one built? Its an expensive hobby but some of the crap we see should be parked until it is truly road worthy. :eek:

4. You get what you pay for.

5. Sometimes, NO is the right answer.

6. temper_mental

temper_mental
    from Texas

[​IMG]

WTF was this ass hole smoking when they did this!

7. HamD

HamD

Probably of using an interior booster filter at the mouth end of his non-filtered KOOL. :eek:

8. JohnEvans

JohnEvans
    from Phoenix AZ

There is no way in hell I would have ever laid a wrench on that POS at any price. I would think releases or no you have opened yourself up to a liability issue just by doing any work on that.

9. What a waste of good parts...........

10. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

Exactly what I was thinking. A few idiots calling themselves "welders and fabricators" and causing a few deaths could have the Feds call for a DOT inspection of all "modified" builds like what is done in some other countries.

11. Unbelievable! I wish I could say I have never seen anything like that before...but unfortunately I can't. What the hell are people thinking?

Damn, that's what I was thinking too.

12. Sheep Dip

Sheep Dip
    from Central Ca

Part of the problem is the guy that did the welding thinks he is a super welder...I know a person that does the same quality of welding and if you ask him he invented welding...nobody can out weld him.

13. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

There were no less than 8 known 'hot rod' or 'specialty' shops around the San Jose area when I had my shop.

A number of their former repairs showed up at my place...revolting.
    Customer fidelity was likened to obama fidelity. Blind faith.
    One shop changed the pattern of Ford to Buick Skylark...missed the centerline by 1/4"!
    The black '32 panel looked like a Laurel & Hardy clip. The owner, who carried the hubs/drums to this moron's shop denied any wrongdoing by his 'hero'.

This was only one...there were more.

14. I know that guy. :eek:
    Used to fix a lot of his crap.

To hear him tell it, he now owns
    "a chassis shop" in his backyard. :rolleyes:

15. But he brought it to you, instead of the "hero" ??

Makes perfect sense.

16. Is that latin for bird shit??:rolleyes:

17. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

This is no place for politics, Mike. You know the rules.

As for those shops, I know them well, too. We've got one of their cars in our shop now, getting "corrected". He's a popular "advertiser" on Craigslist. That's all I'm sayin'.

If this keeps up, someone's gonna' get killed.:eek:

18. iammarvin

iammarvin
    BANNED
    from Tulare, Ca

Have any of you guys looked under your DD lately? Crappy computor controlled welds, super thin gauge metal holding trailing arms to front and rear axels. Went off roading to the Rubicon Trail, so the Jeep got a good going over.....factory shit looks alot like those pictures. Are you scared of a home built on the freeway? Watch out for the factory built POS's.

19. Workdragon

Workdragon

Thanks alot! Now I am scared and can't sleep at night

20. graham_paige

graham_paige
    from Australia

man, I am only just learing to weld and my welds look like tha, and I know thats shit. someone actually paid for welds that bad?

I might change professions

21. Weird. Looks like a fair bit of effort went into the fugliness.

22. I will bet the moron that put that crap together has more work that he can handle! For some reason people like that get tons of work and the guys that do great work pretty much have to beg for work. Someone should string his ass up and whip him with a 2- welding cable!!

23. striper

striper

Yep. I'd say, "Either I do all of it or none of it."

24. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

It's unbelievable that in 2012 a car is still being done like that. :eek: I know sometimes when a newby to the hobby says "I have never built a car, have very little knowledge, but I do have a 110 volt MIG, and I want to build a car from the ground up " I sometimes come across as rude when I suggest they start out with one that all done or almost done and then build one from the ground up as they get more experience. But THIS CAR is the kind of end product I envision when I read their posts.

Yes, we all had to start somewhere, but this isn't 1950 anymore when there were very few cars on the road and top speeds were 50 mph. The kind of crap you pictured can get you and others killed real quick. Very scarey.

Don

25. ShortBus

ShortBus

Holy shit! Wholly shit!

26. docmike

docmike

I've got a buddy that bought a '63 Chevy II wagon that was advertised out of state. Pictures of the car looked really nice and the add said the car was just finished and the seller decided to sell it to fund another project. After my buddy trailered it home, upon close inspection it was painfully obvious that the car was thrown together for a quick sale. There was nothing near as bad as the photos in the original post here just a lot of cut corners and cosmetic "fixes" that needed to be corrected. I just have to wonder if this is a similar case? Did the owner just purchase his dream hot rod without knowing what he was really getting?

Doc

Oh, and my buddy's '63, he has probably spent another $15,000 to make his car into a really nice street machine.

27. farmer12

farmer12

Just WTF!!!! That car is just plain dangerous.

28. zep058

zep058

Stevie Wonders' building hot rods again?

29. Man i wish I could weld that good:eek:

30. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

Thank goodness we have mandatory inspection processes down here, keeps death traps off the road.