Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Jefferson Wisconsin

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hallrods, Apr 9, 2012.

1. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

weather forecast has improved dramatically. There is quite a bit of rain predicted for Friday evening, but it sounds as though that is all. Most of the vendors will already be in their spots, so the mud shouldn't get too deep. At least it will settle the dust.

2. krimsonghost

krimsonghost

I should be there saturday morning, let me know if anyone wants to meet up!

3. options

options
    from IL.

Certainly I will be there - Jefferson is the midwests largest - but getting smaller due to costly spaces / no set up day / OHH You say its bigger ?- they have You fooled - remember the sheep barns / the horse coral / all the open side buildings used to be filled so many spaces that used to be full are now MT - where are those Folks (tired of no set up day / costly spaces/ promoters that care not about the venders ? ) the new field was pretty small in the fall - so maybe larger in acreage, but that just means more walking - I love Jefferson, and it is the best in the midwest I hope it can stay that way- as greed is eating away at it ?? SEE Y'ALL THERE !!

4. jimbousman

jimbousman

Rain?? Jefferson Spring Show??? Nah - never happen!?!?!

5. Dad

Dad
    from Lena Ill

if you think jefferson is big, you should go to iola in july

6. TinShed

TinShed

That is a understatement!!!:D

7. Tin Can

Tin Can

definatelly!!! be ready to walk up and down some hills too. Jefferson is like a vacation compared to Iola

8. Carguy365-24-7

Carguy365-24-7

My wife and I 'll be there eating big bars and walking through the mud...

9. Drove all the way from MN and didn't find anything. I swear ebay and craigslist are gettting the good stuff and the junk ends up at the swap.

10. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

it was great to see a bunch of my HAMB pals today. Thanks for stopping by!

11. awsomeears

awsomeears

I will be going back tomorrow and sunday, I had a TON of interest in my Endrele Injection setup. I thought I would get grilled with a bunch of Low Ballers... I just throw about in the 3k area and everyone just nodded and said yep sounds about right...

Crazy thing I tell ya, out of the 12 people who talked to me about my setup, 9 of them were building or already have a 63 Nova, one after another kept saying 63...

Fun day !!!

12. verno30

verno30
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Headed up tomorrow too. Can't wait.

13. Roupe

Roupe

Weather forecast for today, rain all day, rain mixed with snow and sleet early. High of 43. Call me a pussy, I think I'll go Sunday.

14. Quintin

Quintin

was gonna go today but the weather sucks. for sure going to Iola..... do every year

15. jimbousman

jimbousman

Weather here is really crappy even for a Jefferson show. Tomorrow's better. Only have to worry about dodging the puddles (as usual)

16. yellow wagon

yellow wagon
    from WI

Still can't believe you pulled that off the car!!!! :eek:

17. MODELA30

MODELA30

WENT FRIDAY HAD A GOOD TIME. ALWAYS A RELAXING TIME PARTS! PARTS! PARTS! Knuck From Indiana.

18. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

ice on the North side of the cars this morning, then pouring down rain about 6:30.

but is let up later and even stopped a few times. good crowd despite the weather.

I sold all three vehicles and had to bum a ride back to the shop.

Tomorrow looks like a much better day, weather wise.

nice to see some HAMB buddies again today

19. awsomeears

awsomeears

Was not fun to drive what so ever, no way could I drive 30 minutes somewhere :D

You should buy it !

20. Dad

Dad
    from Lena Ill

Just got home from Jefferson, was on the north end, Stickshift was selling Gremlin T-shirts with us. Arrived Fri morn about 8:00 and spent the night there. Sold about everything I had on Fri and most of the rest today, so decided to call it quits and come home. Went down to have something to eat at 5:00, they were closing the main building and the other joint was out of sandwiches except for hotdogs. THAT PLACE REALLY SUCKS FOR FOOD!!!
    Place was emptying out when we left about 6:30. Might be a nice day on Sunday but alot of empty spaces.
    Gene

21. 61 Fairlane

61 Fairlane

i'll do it! I"ll do it!
    pussy

22. bobj49f2

bobj49f2

That's what I thought. I was able to find one thing I really needed, a passenger side EAB flathead for $5, looks good it'll be on the engine by the end of the day. Bought some other not necessarily auto related stuff for a couple of bucks.

I try never to go on Sunday to either Jefferson or Iola, most of the vendors are gone by 10-11 am. There might be some bargains on Sunday but a lot more empty spots.

[​IMG]

It was Jefferson, crappy cold, wet weather but it was a swap meet. Good time to walk around with a friend for the day, get some exercise and eat an ice cream bar. You can't go to Jefferson and not get a an ice cream bar, it's just not normal.

23. hallrods

hallrods

Went on Sat. Bought two windshield wiper motors from kelly hot rods

24. Stopped in Friday on my way home from Racine. Bought a couple of things from Kelly, some blue dot lites and a gas pedal I'll use on my next car, he gave me my Alliance discount ;) thanks Kelly, it was nice to be inside this year based on the forcast for Sat. It was warmer outside than it was in Kellys building, but dry. Stopped by to see Bob at his display of cars for sale but he was MIA, never got back there. All in all it was a good day.

25. awsomeears

awsomeears

You got that right.....

26. malibustevens

malibustevens
    from Illinois

27. 1387R

1387R

Just got back from Jefferson. Didnt find much for myself but had to haul a suburban home for a friend.

28. jimbousman

jimbousman

Just got back from Jeffy. Nice day. For the most part things dried out nicely. Spent a lot of time looking for needed parts. Not much luck. Bought a dip stick...whoopee. Easily four times as many car in the corral than the show. Sign of the times.

29. Martys 55

Martys 55

well i got screwed , my son and his buddys had a spot so i sent some parts with them. everything marked , and writen on paper with asking price and bottom price. i had 2 cams and lifters 1 new isky solid roller W/new crower roller lifters for $350.firm and 1 used cam and lifters $25. guess what these dumb asses did , somebody get a great deal ,new shit for $25. the rain messed up the tags he said it was my sons buddy that sold them, im still pissed off after 6 beers

30. flatjack

flatjack

Friday and today were pretty good. Sold some stuff and bought a running V8-60 and found a little blower that will go on one of my flatheads. All in all, a good weekend.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2012