Register now to get rid of these ads!

Motion Pictures Detroit Rock City

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Apr 13, 2012.

1. dmikulec

dmikulec

Watched all three. Awesome series. Thanks Ryan!

2. S.F.

S.F.

RAD!....been to slows bbq , good food!....when you walk out of it Detroit Terminal is right in your face.

3. Fopelaez

Fopelaez

Every now and then I get to go to Southfield for work (Federal Mogul) and I've been
    downtown Detroit, there are still good places to go but after these videos I feel like I´ve been missing a whole lot more.
    These guys are "Hot Rodding" the city...thanks for sharing.

4. doozcoupe

doozcoupe

Holley Carburetor

5. What he said. Count me in! I'm always up for playing tour guide for Detroit. C'mon out, Ryan.

6. Deuces

Deuces

They also built cars... ;)

7. Deuces

Deuces

This is where the mighty Rotunda once stood...:(
    I'll try and take some better pictures next tme I head down that road...Schaefer Ave....

Attached Files:

8. donnymopar

donnymopar
    from MI

Even a mopar guy like me would love to check it out...live here and have never gone. PM me if an outing is put together.

9. Deuces

Deuces

I'll try and get something together soon...;)
    A couple of guys I work with are into vintage hotrods and they would love to go also...

10. Petey

Petey

Great post Ryan. I have not seen those videos until now and will pass them along.
    After renting for a few years downtown Detroit, my girlfriend and I recently bought a house in an old neighborhood in Detroit. The building is 100 years old and it needs lots of work but we will rebuild it.
    As already mentioned there are tons of cool places, people and things that are happening in Detroit. Check them out.

BTW, Ghettoblaster is the best beer in the world. Have a pint at the brewery and you will know what I'm talking about.

11. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

I am one of those rare outstaters who has a ton of pride in Detroit and wants badly for it to succeed (sadly, there's a big "us versus them" mentality in Michigan when it comes to Detroit and our smaller industrial cities). Thanks for the positive press, Ryan.

12. dmikulec

dmikulec

Same thoughts here. I was raised over in Cleveland but have always been a huge fan of the Motor City and her citizens.

13. derbydad276

derbydad276

thanks Ryan
    most people dump shit on the D
    not to say it could not have happened somewhere else but...
    the automotive culture here is stronger than anywhere else in the world
    we bleed 5 w 30
    as for names to remeber
    one of the forgoten ones is
    Walter O Briggs founder of Briggs body company that built the model T & model A bodies
    that we love to play with

14. That was great. I saw that documentary that outlined the decline of Detroit and it was pretty sad. Seemed like a few bad calls by the city's decision makers led to the downfall of a great city.

Maybe it ain't what it used to be, but maybe that's a good thing?

15. Go Tigers!

The creativity and work ethic that has been bred into the people of Detroit for at least 4 generations can turn it into something amazing.

16. 57Custom300

57Custom300
    from Arizona

Born & raised in Detroit. Worked almost 20yrs at 14th & W. Grand Blvd. (67-86) a couple blocks from where the riots started. Would still be there if it hadn't closed up. Alot of bad decisions have been made by those in charge there.

Go Tigers! Detroit in 6